[Vague Title] What’s going on in Cleveland? Trade Rumors

14 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

IIRC Beckham and Landry have been friends since childhood. I could see Beckham approving of a trade to Cleveland.

You are correct. He’s on board. Dorsey is trying to win NOW.  Fear of a work stoppage (lockout) in 2021 is part of it. 

37 minutes ago, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

Gettleman is a joke man

Giving up OBJ for an 8 year salary dump of a G and "The Nigerian Nightmare"...and a 2nd and a 4th??

LOL yup that would be a joke.  But that's how Gettelman rolls.  Passed on Darnold and Allen...for a nice RB who has zero chance of finishing his career on the Giants.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

If this is true, watch for the Giants to take Metcalf at 6.

what about Eli .....

hope they do take DK metcalf , that way i won' t have to be pissed Bills are tempted

• Like (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Since others wont, I will. Basically the rumor that's out there, with many different variations is a Kevin Zeitler and draft picks plus another player for Odell Beckam. I cannot stress enough that that is a rumor, and not currently coming from any known credible source

Albright is an idiot.

Meh, who cares really? I wouldn't mind getting Zeitler. If he goes to the Giants in trade for OBJ so be it. It just means the LSU "buddies" of Landry and Beckham will be back together. :rolleyes:

19 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

You are correct. He’s on board. Dorsey is trying to win NOW.  Fear of a work stoppage (lockout) in 2021 is part of it. 

The work stoppage part is 100% made up. What kind of evidence do you have for that claim?

The Three Divas... Mayfield, Landry, and ODB in the same locker room?   Get me some pop corn!  This is gonna get ugly in a hurry!!!

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, cle23 said:

The work stoppage part is 100% made up. What kind of evidence do you have for that claim?

The only claim I made is that there are people with the Browns org that fear it might happen.  They aren’t the only ones around the league.  That’s why you aren’t seeing a lot of two year deals right now. Players want either a 1 year deal so they can cash in next season or a 3+ year deal to cash in bigger now. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I am no Browns fan, but I empathize with them and would love to see them return to relevancy this season. OBJ would be a HUGE acquisition.

Nah, they are next in line to take over the longest drought.

30 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Makes no difference what Cleveland does they will screw it up somehow

Related image

But he's a mudder, his mother was a mudder. Cant lose!

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

IIRC Beckham and Landry have been friends since childhood. I could see Beckham approving of a trade to Cleveland.

That’s correct. People on Twitter who don’t know this are laughing at the thought of both OBJ and Landry trying to share a locker room, but reality is they have been doing it their whole lives. At LSU they played together and both went over 1000 yards. Landry is no doubt this biggest advocate in getting his best friend to Cleveland with him.

• Like (+1) 5

From title I thought maybe moving vans were spotted outside Browns' facility.

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The Three Divas... Mayfield, Landry, and ODB in the same locker room?   Get me some pop corn!  This is gonna get ugly in a hurry!!!

Well at least they have a good name for a rap group.

2 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

How would obj and Landry ever coexist on a team ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Augie said:

How much does it pay to get into the rumor starting business? I might like to play! 

Five years as an unpaid intern launching unsubstantiated rumours via Twitter must be served before you gain credibility.  It helps if the accompanying photo of you shows you sitting in a ratty upholstered chair, and looking sufficiently scruffy.  Alternately, a caricature of you also seems to be suitable.

12 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Makes no difference what Cleveland does they will screw it up somehow

Related image

As long as Dorsey is in charge, those days are over.  But there's always a risk of Haslam going all Ralph Wilson and deciding to fire him.

13 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I am no Browns fan, but I empathize with them and would love to see them return to relevancy this season. OBJ would be a HUGE acquisition.

Milton, I feel the same way.  I am not a fan, but feel for those in Cleveland.  I know though they haven’t won a championship since 1964, and three more time in the 50’s.  They were making headway under Belicheck, until they fired him and moved to Baltimore.  I’ve been to Cleveland a few times, and never heard any fans hate anyone more than Modell.  They forget he was begging the city and the state to help him with a new stadium, so Baltimore ponied up.  I just feel they have been in hell even longer than us.

It’s nice to see different teams who have been bad for a long time turn themselves around.  If this trade is true, Mayfield will have a heck of a Target with OBJ.  I still want us to beat the pants off them every three years or more.

Good move by the Giants if indeed it is true.  Sure Odell is a solid player but his price tag is too high and his attitude is too extra.  The team is also not very good.  It's not like they are a contender.  They need more talent everywhere and this is a very good draft class for wide receivers.  It's not always a bad thing when teams trade away a talent like Odell.  

13 hours ago, One Buffalo said:

Not an Allbright fan but here is the rumor...

I'm "meh" on Albright as well, but I'll give him credit for the disclaimer...more Twitterers in the sports media industry should do this.