MMQB: Who Is the Most Boring Team in the NFL?

YoloinOhio

For me it’s the Arizona Cardinals ... I never watch their games, can name maybe 5 of their players, their coach is suuuuuper boring. I feel like they could completely vanish from the league and no one would notice. They made the list

There are some NFL teams that move the needle every week. These are the ones that don't.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

It’s funny that 3 out of the 4 teams in our division made the short list. And the Bills didn’t. 

I have the nfl ticket and almost always watch the jets, fish or pats* if the Bills aren’t on. So they aren’t boring to me just because of the division thing but I can see how they would be for others.

Just now, Dr.Sack said:

Bills mafia makes us relevant we might be in the midst of a 3-13 season & our fans the elite 10% who are nothing more than drunken hooligans have the social media worlds attention. 

And brawls and DBs dancing and QBs hurdling and dildos on the field 

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

For me it’s the Arizona Cardinals ... I never watch their games, can name maybe 5 of their players, their coach is suuuuuper boring. I feel like they could completely vanish from the league and no one would notice. They made the list

There are some NFL teams that move the needle every week. These are the ones that don't.

Tough to argue against the Cardinals. I'd add the Titans. They were must-see back in the McNair/George days, not so much for awhile.

• Like (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I can tell you for most non Bills fans the Bills would be close to the top of the list 

I on the other hand like to torture myself for a few hours a week.  

I completely disagree! I find it exhilarating to see what they come up with each week. This is the beginning of our future. Our baby is being born!  It just goes to show how little the outsiders (including many in the media) know about what’s happening! 

I’m feeling optimistic at the moment.  ?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

I completely disagree! I find it exhilarating to see what they come up with each week. This is the beginning of our future. Our baby is being born!  It just goes to show how little the outsiders (including many in the media) know about what’s happening! 

I’m feeling optimistic at the moment.  ?

They may not be great, but never a dull moment. Halftime retirement? Check. Interception records? Check. Fights and ejections? Check. 75 yard bombs? Check. Coach with blood on his sweatshirt? Check. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I can tell you for most non Bills fans the Bills would be close to the top of the list 

I on the other hand like to torture myself for a few hours a week.  

re: first declaration......you have no idea nor proof. Just another example of your hatred for the Bills.

re: your 2nd gem. You hate this team. Stop watching.

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They may not be great, but never a dull moment. Halftime retirement? Check. Interception records? Check. Fights and ejections? Check. 75 yard bombs? Check. Coach with blood on his sweatshirt? Check. 

How can you beat THAT? We are must see TV! 

9 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

That’s interesting, I would say the Seahawks are one of my favorite teams to watch because they seem to score so many points in unconventional ways. 

The only time I actually watched the Seahawks were the Marshawn years. Other than that I find them to be meh. 

Edited by H2o

22 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

That’s interesting, I would say the Seahawks are one of my favorite teams to watch because they seem to score so many points in unconventional ways. 

They were more interesting when they had Marshawn and the Legion of Boom but i still like to watch Russell Wilson play. I usually watch AFC over NFC though given the choice. 

Titans.  They are always middle of the road.  ZZZZZZZZzzzzz.  At least we have human beings being set on fire, squirted with condiments,  and power slammed through tables.  Not to mention a player, former movie star, and double murderer. 

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 3

up until Mahomes the Chiefs were the gold standard in boring providing about 20 years of boring football between the end of Joe Montana and Mahomes. Yes, I guess Trent Green could throw a decent forward pass between concussions but my memory of that is fleeting. Watching Alex Smith flick his wrist on these 7 yard screens was the height of football boredom. Yes the Chiefs had good RBs for decades yet they still managed to bore us with dink and dunk, move the pile football. This is not to say they weren't good. Rarely a year went by when they weren't in the playoffs. Mahomes has changed all that.

Today I pass the torch of boring to the perennial runner up to the boring gold standard - The Tennessee Titans. They have been boring since the Jeff Fisher years. Their offensive game plans were drawn up on the back of a napkin. That's not to say that McNair, Eddie George and Derrick Mason weren't great players. They most certainly were but their 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense were terrible to watch. Things haven't improved since Mariota was drafted. They still dink and dunk and rarely throw a pass 20 yards +.. Give my insomnia cure award to the Titans

15 minutes ago, Irv said:

Titans.  They are always middle of the road.  ZZZZZZZZzzzzz.  At least we have human beings being set on fire, squirted with condiments,  and power slammed through tables.  Not to mention a player, former movie star, and double murderer. 

don't forget sex toys in the end zone

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They were more interesting when they had Marshawn and the Legion of Boom but i still like to watch Russell Wilson play. I usually watch AFC over NFC though given the choice. 

Agreed. That playoff game against the packers might be the most interesting game I ever saw.

2 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Bills mafia makes us relevant we might be in the midst of a 3-13 season & our fans the elite 10% who are nothing more than drunken hooligans have the social media worlds attention. 

The fan base, the uniqueness of the stadium experience, and the possibility that the Bills have a franchise QB keep the Bills off this list.

Miami is near the top for me. All they have is their history, nothing has happened down there for decades.

• Like (+1) 1

Cardinals. They’re so bad.  Steve Wilks LoL.  Can you say Vance Joseph 2.0?  Underwhelming DC hired as HC.  Will he fired by the end of next season.  I’m sure some here think he’s McDermott 2.0.  Im

not on of them 

Normally i I hate watching the Ravens, jets and fins. Zzzzzz

5 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I find the Texans extremely boring. Their jerseys, the logo, they just look drab. 

So I think this Texans team is interesting but I agree on the logo and uniforms... and the last time they were good (under Kubiak) I still thought they were dull. 

For me currently it is the Titans. They are the most non descript team in the league for me. I find watching their games difficult. 

Titans 

6 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I find the Texans extremely boring. Their jerseys, the logo, they just look drab. 

Their jerseys rock and JJ Watt , not boring.

4 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Depends on who is winning and what star players they have.  

Right now the boring teams are:  Cleveland (uniforms alone are boring), Titans, colts, cardinals, Texans, Lions 

Never liked the colts hate their uniforms

The Bills are definitely in the top 10. They've had exciting games here and there and memorable moments. but they haven't been an "exciting" team since at least Fitzpatrick was here. This season's been particularly rough, because for all intents and purposes every game is just a scrimmage where only one guy's performance matters. Milano breaking out has been a welcome addition. This team is hopefully in the later stages of rebuild, and 50% of this roster is unlikely to be in the long term plans.

I keep rooting for Zay to do stuff, I hope Edmunds can figure out how to play run D, I get excited watching Milano, but really all I'm there to do is see if the Bills have to draft another QB. None of these WRs seem like they have a bright future, though Foster and Jones have had their moments, the whole line is likely to be replaced, same with our TEs, everyone on our D-line is a known quantity with ceilings likely already passed, safeties are a known quantity, McCoy is Vontae Davis-level done, no exciting backs behind him, and our corners besides White have played respectably, but most of them probably won't be here long term.

To me, watching a bunch of lame-duck players in another losing season doesn't make for a very exciting product, but I'm ok with that if either the one guy that needs to progress does so, or the coaches realize he isn't progressing and adjust course next season.

Miami. They never seem to play with heart and I honestly don't think that's me hating them. In the old days they were a great watch but not for fifteen years or so. 

I like the Bills this year but for a lot of the last 10 - 15 years I watched only because I was a fan of the team. The Eagles till they got Wentz. The Niners for years till they got Garoffolo.

I've always liked watching Larry Fitzgerald, so I can't agree about the Cards.

Other than the Saints with Drew Brees (from QB U), I have always had a hard time watching games with teams from the NFC South or AFC South, especially if they are playing each other in a divisional game. Arizona too.