Do you think Robert Foster can develop to into a #1 receiver?

BBills88

2 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

Foster and Mckenzie have been difference makers in these last two games.  Would be a massive help if they stuck.  Would only need a number 1 in the offseason.

I still want a WR that is a true 1 so these guys can fill certain roles on the team behind that player....if we have a true 1......Foster and McKenzie  (and Zay) and a quality TE and this is a whole new offense

Well,

Foster, McKenzie, Zay... cuz i gotta mancrush on zay, like i had on Moulds!

but..

add a baller on top of that...

then,

a real TE threat, to go with Croom (who I really like, but he's a 2 TE)

so really, imo:

one WR, and one TE

OPTIMISTIC::::::: :)

Foster has size AND speed. Our other receivers tend to have one or the other.  He was considered raw coming out of college, which is why he wasn't drafted even though his measureables were very intriguing. He's a perfect guy for a team like the Bills to take a good look at in the second half of a lost season, so I hope we continue to see a lot of him.

Of all the players we let walk from Buffalo over the last several years, (Sammy, Gilmore, Darby, Dareus, Tyrod, Goodwin, Glenn, Stevie Johnson, McKelvin, Kiko), the only one I really regret the Bills not resigning....  is Robert Woods.  

• Like (+1) 1

I think he can develop into a solid 3rd/4th option, and thats great for a UDFA who was already cut once from the 53.  For as miserable as this season started, there is suddenly quite of bit of intrigue with this WR group.  Great pick up in McKenzie, and the game has slowed down for Zay, even Benjamin is making some plays (still don't want him back).  

I would still draft a WR somewhere in the first 3 rounds, and bring another legit option in FA.

1 hour ago, Idandria said:

Was Foster knocked out of the game after that hit? He kinda looked concussed to me. 

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Surprisingly no, I thought the same thing but he was back in within a series or two...

This was probably the most impressive catch he has made all season.

He caught the pass, took a big hit from the defender and held onto the ball. Very impressive for a player whom most say is only a speed receiver.

8 hours ago, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

Well,

Foster, McKenzie, Zay... cuz i gotta mancrush on zay, like i had on Moulds!

but..

add a baller on top of that...

then,

a real TE threat, to go with Croom (who I really like, but he's a 2 TE)

so really, imo:

one WR, and one TE

OPTIMISTIC::::::: :)

Chris Conley from KC completes the wide reciever group. Size, speed, and the pedigree. He is ready to step up and be a number 1, but he is still kind of buried in KC. He's a UFA with a relationship with David Culley. To me he is offseason target #1. Conley, Zay, McKenzie, Foster, Thompson if we bring him back...speed to burn. I don't need a #1 did name guy like Funchess. Give me Conley all day. 

9 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It sucks we couldn’t get Foster 1 more catch for 7 or 8 yds. When was the last time a bills WR had back to back 100 yd receiving games? Foster damn near got there. It’s probably been a while since a bills WR had back to back games over 90 yds. Foster definitely did that.

It also sucks that by kneeling-down twice, Josh went under 100 yards rushing.  IMHO kneel-downs shouldn't count as yards lost.

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I still want a WR that is a true 1 so these guys can fill certain roles on the team behind that player....if we have a true 1......Foster and McKenzie  (and Zay) and a quality TE and this is a whole new offense

I did say we still needed a number 1 but these guys have stepped up big in their roles.  Foster playing the deep threat role and McKenzie the underneath short speed are two huge roles in a modern passing offense that we lacked.  Hope they continue to progress.

The other thing is that while this isn't an Offensive Linemen thread, I do think putting Teller in at LG has helped in many ways. Now, Jax is not what they were last year, and that Defense has issues, but it is still one of the most talented groups in the NFL and Josh Allen's first game back was against that D. Overall I think the O-line did fairly well. The D line was getting pressure and Allen had to bootleg, but so does Russell Wilson and Drew Brees (for different reasons of course) and Daboll did a nice job planning for it. IMHO, the WRs and TEs look better when the O-line takes it up another notch because that one second of time makes so much difference. 

I'd like to see the Bills add two WRs in FA and another in the Draft. But I think Croom is coming into his own and is a well-rounded TE. He blocks well enough for a young guy and he can obviously catch and run, so I think he's a good TE for the Offense. I don't think you want a Graham type TE, you want a TE who may not be super fast or a shut-down blocker, but a guy who is good at both, just not elite because of versatility. I'm not saying you don't want elite, I'm saying that I think versatility for the TE position is even more valuable over the long-term. There will a quality TE or two in FA and I don't want the Bills to use a high pick on a TE because it takes years for them to develop and Allen needs those weapons now. TE in the 4th is fine as you need to develop them like any other position and the Bills have two of them as of today, but not in the early rounds. Those need to be BPA. 

I know Zay had a quiet day yesterday, but Allen was taking what the Defense gave him and the D focused on Zay and KB leaving Foster and McKenzie to be the difference makers at receiver. 

4 hours ago, Doc said:

It also sucks that by kneeling-down twice, Josh went under 100 yards rushing.  IMHO kneel-downs shouldn't count as yards lost.

I thought about that as well.  Are you sure those count against the QB?  Does spiking the ball count against QBs as well,  guess they do but they shouldn't, cant just leave plays unassigned.

25 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I thought about that as well.  Are you sure those count against the QB?  Does spiking the ball count against QBs as well,  guess they do but they shouldn't, cant just leave plays unassigned.

Yes kneel-downs count.  Prior to them Allen had 101 yards rushing.  After he had 99.  And spikes count as incomplete passes, as do INT's.

I told people not to give up or sleep on this kid.  Just like I did with Stevie and no one believed me and with Goodwin.  

He has talent, he still needs to work on a lot since he didn’t get the chances in college to really polish his game.  

I like the kid, have since we brought him in.  But, I don’t know if this kid can become a legit #1.  I think his ceiling may be more of an Emmanuel Sanders, DeSean Jackson type WR, which is still pretty good.  Not saying he will get to that level, he has a lot of work to do still, but I am saying that’s where I think his ceiling is.  A guy who can potentially be a dangerous compliment opposite our #1 WR.

I think if we can land a legit prospect to be a #1 WR this draft, bring back Zay and Foster and find a quality vet to replace useless KB, this group could be on a serious upside swing.  Personally I think Zay will work better out of the slot, so if Foster can keep improving and potentially win the outside starting Job opposite whoever we bring in as a #1 and then put Zay in the slot, we could be on to something.

But again, Foster is too one dimensional still, he needs to work hard rest of the season and all offseason on his route tree and ball tracking before he can really compete to start.  But given he has shown some significant improvement in a short period time on PS, I think it’s reasonable to be optimistic about his chances to improve.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I told people not to give up or sleep on this kid.  Just like I did with Stevie and no one believed me and with Goodwin.  

He has talent, he still needs to work on a lot since he didn’t get the chances in college to really polish his game.  

I like the kid, have since we brought him in.  But, I don’t know if this kid can become a legit #1.  I think his ceiling may be more of an Emmanuel Sanders, DeSean Jackson type WR, which is still pretty good.  Not saying he will get to that level, he has a lot of work to do still, but I am saying that’s where I think his ceiling is.  A guy who can potentially be a dangerous compliment opposite our #1 WR.

I think if we can land a legit prospect to be a #1 WR this draft, bring back Zay and Foster and find a quality vet to replace useless KB, this group could be on a serious upside swing.  Personally I think Zay will work better out of the slot, so if Foster can keep improving and potentially win the outside starting Job opposite whoever we bring in as a #1 and then put Zay in the slot, we could be on to something.

But again, Foster is too one dimensional still, he needs to work hard rest of the season and all offseason on his route tree and ball tracking before he can really compete to start.  But given he has shown some significant improvement in a short period time on PS, I think it’s reasonable to be optimistic about his chances to improve.

Right now, I like N'Keal Harry from ASU.  He's big and the biggest thing about him...his deep threat ability.  Also makes a ton of contested catches.

I think he can step in and be an instant #1.  

• Like (+1) 4

We have seen the crappy Foster who cannot track the ball and drops a lot, and we have now seen the splendid Foster who does track the ball and makes terrific catches (including the excellent second catch yesterday when getting drilled). He also made a diving catch earlier in the year. Hard to know if he is going to be that mostly inconsistent guy or that usually reliable guy for some time.

But he has great size and speed, he tries, he blocks, he's a good gunner on ST... there is a lot to like about the guy. The next five weeks should be interesting. A whole off season knowing he will likely be part of the offense, working with Josh, knowing the system, etc, could be fun next year. 

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Right now, I like N'Keal Harry from ASU.  He's big and the biggest thing about him...his deep threat ability.  Also makes a ton of contested catches.

I love Harry. I think he is held back by his qb too.  

Mans I’ll say good for Foster for making some plays.  I still would never trust him in a clutch situation.  Your hands don’t magically improve.   But his physical skills will have him with a chance to be in a roster and crack a lineup.  But this group needs to get much better.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Really good player. I have seen most every game of his. He would be a nice #1 pick and WR. He's got good game speed for a huge guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I agree and he’s the guy I think we end up with.  Should be a great pick around the area I expect is to draft.  And he just officially declared for draft.