Sal Carpaccio: Corey Coleman Is In Trouble

Message added by Chandler#81

Cut

6 hours ago, turftoe said:

We'll see.  The Bills would have to be creative. Jerry Hughes looks like he has lost a step and Murphy is forever injured. If we can't generate a pass rush then it's going to be a long season.

Dude...  do you just like to dissapoint yourself for fun? Honest question..

9 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Only thing that sucks about cutting him is the $3.5M dead cap hit this year, and $2M next year (according to spotrac/overthecap). Bills don’t save anything by cutting him. 

Im still hoping he sticks around, but I think it’s a long shot. 

It costs more to waive him....LOL the Bills got taken advantage of here.   

9 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Only thing that sucks about cutting him is the $3.5M dead cap hit this year, and $2M next year (according to spotrac/overthecap). Bills don’t save anything by cutting him. 

Im still hoping he sticks around, but I think it’s a long shot. 

If he gets cut then the Browns will have shafted them. From a financial perspective if nothing else.

Aside from the dead cap considerations, hard to imagine that they cut CC when it's almost a certainty that Robert Foster is not making the final 53 and that would leave us without ANY deep speed threat. If they DO cut him, what a waste of Josh Allen's arm when he does get to play this year.

5 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Logic is deadly on this board.

Yes let's keep someone who shows nothing in 2 places to save money rather than more productive players.  By all means, the blinding logic of perpetuating the mistakes of another team in drafting this guy in round 1 should be continued. 

The only receivers worthy of an opening day roster spot:

Benjamin

Kerley

Jones

Coleman

Ray Ray

If Streater wasn't old and fragile he'd  be worth a spot but you can't guarantee his salary by having him on the roster week one.

If Ray Ray has to be IR'd it wouldn't even surprise me if they only kept 4.

They can just tell Streater to stay by the phone and then load up the practice squad with WR they cut.

Murphy can return punts and chances are WR aren't going to be a big part of the gameplan early in the season anyway. 

Edited by BADOLBILZ

11 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

For the uninitiated, Sal Carpaccio is a cold dish comprised of raw moustache, pounded thinly, served with arugula, cracked black pepper and drizzle of lemon vinaigrette.   Its the perfect start before the main event, a heaping plate of buscaglio e olio. 

May I recommend a Marrone Ripasso to wash that down? Buon appetito!

Edited by The Frankish Reich

13 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think the driver to keep Coleman is financial.  His salary is guaranteed this year and next.  $3.5M dead cap to cut him.

I don't think they care about that.  They didn't care about it for any player last year.  They eat dead cap for breakfast.  A lot of people thought Dareus was untradeable, but not me.

14 hours ago, turftoe said:

We'll see.  The Bills would have to be creative. Jerry Hughes looks like he has lost a step and Murphy is forever injured. If we can't generate a pass rush then it's going to be a long season.

We didn't generate any pass rush last year...We are the worst teams in sacks and QB pressure last year.

Has started only 18 games (due to injuries) ... basically just over one season .. has 700+ yards and 5 TDs .. better resume than most on this roster with cruddy QBs throwing to him in Cleveland.  Yes he has faults, but you can't teach speed and with the cap hit ... keep him.

7 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The only receivers worthy of an opening day roster spot:

Benjamin

Kerley

Jones

Coleman

Ray Ray

If Streater wasn't old and fragile he'd  be worth a spot but you can't guarantee his salary by having him on the roster week one.

If Ray Ray has to be IR'd it wouldn't even surprise me if they only kept 4.

They can just tell Streater to stay by the phone and then load up the practice squad with WR they cut.

Murphy can return punts and chances are WR aren't going to be a big part of the gameplan early in the season anyway. 

Fair take. 

I could see all the depth guys hanging around but not guaranteeing the salaries and trying to protect another asset on cut day 

8 hours ago, BubbaT said:

Yes let's keep someone who shows nothing in 2 places to save money rather than more productive players.  By all means, the blinding logic of perpetuating the mistakes of another team in drafting this guy in round 1 should be continued. 

Hasn't even been given time to show anything with us.

He's literally been here like 2.5 weeks, and hasn't even had much time to gel with the OC, teammates, or actually see the field.

20 hours ago, Lurker said:

His passing improved when Chicago's third team DL didn't put as much pressure on him in the fouth quarter.   Then the mismatch favored the Bills.   A 4-year NFL vet versus a bunch of future used car salesmen...

that stood out to me. when he has a clean pocket and time, he's good.

You guys are insane

Beane is a disaster?? There were posters who would say they wanted him to negotiate their life. He whiffed on Mack? I dont consider mortgaging our future 1st round picks for the next two years PLUS players. And so what? Beane knew we were crap at WR and did what he could to try and improve it. Cant fault Beane for Coleman having a lazy work ethic and being slow on picking up the playbook.

I give Beane a lot of credit and hope he is our GM for many years to come

2 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

3.5 more dead money bud

My god that’s going to kill our $80 or so million in cap space next year.  Guess we should release Aaron Poyer to clear some room.

Just now, Ittakestime said:

Who gives a crap about next year.  Not for long league.

Yep you’re right.  Only manage the cap for one year.  It’s not a consistent thing or anything.

3 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

65 million free next season bud

Buffalo Rumblings is projecting close to $80 million