Sal Carpaccio: Corey Coleman Is In Trouble

Message added by Chandler#81

Cut

30 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Interesting take from Sal C. on WGR.  He thinks that Corey Coleman is in trouble if making the roster.  He fees that CC hasn’t picked up the offense fast enough and hasn’t done anything to warrant a spot.   He doesn’t feel that giving up a 7th means to trade for him means he’s safe.  He said it’s like taking a taking a flier on a player, and compared it to the Sabres giving up a draft pick to negotiate with a player ( name escapes me).

He was very high high on Ray Ray McLeod and gels Brandon Reilly and Rod Streater have outside chances of making the team 

I think the driver to keep Coleman is financial.  His salary is guaranteed this year and next.  $3.5M dead cap to cut him.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

I still feel like they hang onto him to give him a bit more time to get in the groove. They know they really don't have any speed at WR aside from him.

This is true. Especially is Ray-Ray is out for more than a few weeks. Could easily just IR him. Give you an extra WR for now. By the time McCloud is healthy again, you’ll have another injury most likely. 

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

It’s like foster. He seems to have great separation, but his awareness to track the ball is horrible. He alligator armed the big deep pass from Allen, gave up on another from Allen, couldn’t keep his feet in bounds on another. And last night would have had a 2nd TD but his placement was all wrong after making his move around the CB into the end zone. 

Didn’t Foster drop one he should have had from McCarron early on last night?  I know DuPree was one bad drop over the middle.

I thought Foster looked promising in shorts, but when pads went on and contact increased he vanished.  I don’t think he’s got the right physicality mindset to play pro football.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Didn’t Foster drop one he should have had from McCarron early on last night?  I know DuPree was one bad drop over the middle.

I’m sure he did. I honestly don’t remember. He’s not looked good at all. Other than the fact that he has incredible separation and ability to get open. If only he could catch the ball. 

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could be wrong because I can’t always see who’s out there but I thought McCarron’s passing improved when they sat Coleman’s butt and put someone else out there, possibly due to route running and separation.

His passing improved when Chicago's third team DL didn't put as much pressure on him in the fouth quarter.   Then the mismatch favored the Bills.   A 4-year NFL vet versus a bunch of future used car salesmen...

7 minutes ago, Lurker said:

His passing improved when Chicago's third team DL didn't put as much pressure on him in the fouth quarter.   Then the mismatch favored the Bills.   A 4-year NFL vet versus a bunch of future used car salesmen...

I still thought McC faced tremendous pressure.  He started scrambling for yardage himself vs trying to throw it, and I thought he had more separation and guys to throw to.  Not trying to pump up AJ, but when I watch the “every throw” film I see constant errant snaps and pressure leading to throw always in the first half,  still heavy pressure in the 2nd half but he’s not throwing it away as much, he’s tucking and running and finding guys.

*shrug* could just be me.  Hard to see what’s going on so well without all 22

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

The reports coming out of Cleveland about Coleman weren't encouraging: didn't study the playbook, sometimes didn't even know where to line up, didn't always show effort in practice...

Right on,hondo.That was his knock at Baylor too....but he sure put up some numbers.

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I still thought McC faced tremendous pressure.  He started scrambling for yardage himself vs trying to throw it,

Yeah, I agree with that, too.  It seemed like he eventually decided at one point, "WTF, if these WRs cant't get open I'll just make something happen myself."   It seemed to improve his confidence and get him back into the game more...