Sal Carpaccio: Corey Coleman Is In Trouble

Message added by Chandler#81

Cut

Is it completely crazy to think the Bills may have spent a 7th and $2 million in cap space with the belief that the only likely outcome would be to reinforce the concept that talent without effort and discipline has no place on this team?

Let's say the above is actually true.  Is "culture" worth that investment?

1 hour ago, mrags said:

This is true. Especially is Ray-Ray is out for more than a few weeks. Could easily just IR him. Give you an extra WR for now. By the time McCloud is healthy again, you’ll have another injury most likely. 

this is a great point.  IR McCloud, and see if Coleman produces in the meantime.  I also think Foster could be a force in a year or two if he is serious about learning to track the ball better.   He'll be a PS candidate.  

1 hour ago, mrags said:

I’m sure he did. I honestly don’t remember. He’s not looked good at all. Other than the fact that he has incredible separation and ability to get open AGAINST FOURTH STRING SECONDARY PLAYERS. If only he could catch the ball. 

fixed it for you.

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

Bumming on this one.. I was hoping for one of those unexpected steals.

Guess its not meant to be... However it looks like his cap hit might keep him around for the season

...not sure if "getting to the party so late" is a major factor or if Browns taking a 7th for him is more indicative of what to expect......

1 hour ago, COTC said:

Can Sal stop predicting. 

95% of the time he is flat out wrong, and the opposite of what he predicts happens. 

The guy is a complete hack. 

Don't disagree.  

For a guy who earns a living hanging out at the stadium, has insider contacts presumably, and attends all Bills functions, including games with sideline and locker room access, he never really knows what the hell is going on.

He ultimately does nothing more than offer an outsider's opinion, like the rest of us.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, turftoe said:

If we make any trades, perhaps Khalil Mack, you could package him in the deal and be out from the guaranteed $. Kind of like they do in hockey to get a bad deal off the books.

...Mack is a NON-ISSUE in Bflo IMO.....Donald's deal just raised the bar beyond Von Miller and Mack is NOT taking less......not to mention the pick(s) necessary to pull it off...trade is only the FIRST STEP......next is a contract..............

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Mack is a NON-ISSUE in Bflo IMO.....Donald's deal just raised the bar beyond Von Miller and Mack is NOT taking less......not to mention the pick(s) necessary to pull it off...trade is only the FIRST STEP......next is a contract..............

We'll see.  The Bills would have to be creative. Jerry Hughes looks like he has lost a step and Murphy is forever injured. If we can't generate a pass rush then it's going to be a long season.

I have seen nothing from him that makes me want to keep him. Those that attended training camp might have a different opinion. I don't see any separation and not as much of a burst as I thought. I think Reilly has looked much better and will operate in the middle of the field where there are openings to be had. No special team value to Coleman either from what I can tell. Worth the risk but I just don't see much there.

8 minutes ago, turftoe said:

We'll see.  The Bills would have to be creative. Jerry Hughes looks like he has lost a step and Murphy is forever injured. If we can't generate a pass rush then it's going to be a long season.

...certainly agree......guess perhaps I'm relying too much on McBeane getting rid of the megabucks boyz, WHICH.......could have been a result of measuring "pay for play" or the lack thereof.....

1 hour ago, BubbaT said:

I have seen nothing from him that makes me want to keep him. Those that attended training camp might have a different opinion. I don't see any separation and not as much of a burst as I thought. I think Reilly has looked much better and will operate in the middle of the field where there are openings to be had. No special team value to Coleman either from what I can tell. Worth the risk but I just don't see much there.

Logic is deadly on this board.

8 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

For the uninitiated, Sal Carpaccio is a cold dish comprised of raw moustache, pounded thinly, served with arugula, cracked black pepper and drizzle of lemon vinaigrette.   Its the perfect start before the main event, a heaping plate of buscaglio e olio. 

It is the perfect compliment to a light maiorana di prisco!