Sal Carpaccio: Corey Coleman Is In Trouble

Message added by Chandler#81

Cut

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

My god that’s going to kill our $80 or so million in cap space next year.  Guess we should release Aaron Poyer to clear some room.

Yep you’re right.  Only manage the cap for one year.  It’s not a consistent thing or anything.

Aaron Poyer?

Trade should have never happened.  Everyone knew Coleman's problems.  If you didn't want to spend the time to work with him, you shouldn't have made the trade.

11 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Beane is a disaster of a GM.  Been that way since he got here

The good news is that having Peterman, McCarron and Allen at QB right now, means you don't have big money tied up with them so you can absorb some dead money without too much pain.  The bad news is, if your GM keeps doing things like this trade, or way overpaying for Star Loltelui, then it won't matter.  ....it's still the NFL...and in the NFL the QB is king.  if Josh Allen works out, this will be but a minor footnote....but at this point you really really need Allen to work out....he's literally going to be what keeps this regime here and working or fired within the next two years and starting ALL OVER AGAIN.  

3 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Aaron Poyer?

Trade should have never happened.  Everyone knew Coleman's problems.  If you didn't want to spend the time to work with him, you shouldn't have made the trade.

Jordan sorry.

we gave up a 7th round pick for a guy that was a top 15 pick two years ago.  Oh no.  I can’t believe you’re crying about this.

I also can’t believe your name is ItTakesTime when only after one season with Beane, you’ve called him a bust.

LOL who cares about the cap next year.  Geezus.

1 minute ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Brandon Beane is beginning to worry me. In over his head. This move cost us a pick and cap space next year. That plus the team has very little talent. Under 30 talent is maybe 3 players. 

Repeat after me...a 7th round pick TWO YEARS FROM NOW and a couple million that goes away next year. 

There were great discussions, posts, threads on the Sabres TSW board a few years ago on a nasty tough winger who also had some offensive skill, Zack Kassian. He never really became what he was supposed to be and was traded to the Oilers for Cody Hodgson, who sucked worse. Kassian is still in the league but never really put it together. But on the board he became known as "The Concept of Zack Kassian."

It was a really great name and idea and topic for discussion which is applicable here. I liked the Concept of Corey Coleman but ultimately not the player. I was very happy with the trade, seventh rounders are virtually nothing, and we needed the speed and talent infusion obviously. But after watching and reading and listening more and more he just wasn't cutting it. So he got cut. 

And now we're back to looking for The Concept of Corey Coleman because we surely need it. 

If only Robert Foster could track the ball in the air and then catch the sucker. 

3 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Repeat after me...a 7th round pick TWO YEARS FROM NOW and a couple million that goes away next year. 

Wasted. Bills in no position to waste assets. I would rather keep Coleman and allow him time to learn the playbook. What did they expect him to do in couple weeks? 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

To be clear - I applaud the trade, I am disgusted with releasing him.  They need his talent.  He actually produced fairly well when on the field for Cleveland.

Makes no sense to release him unless something happened behind the scenes. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

2 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Wasted. Bills in no position to waste assets. I would rather keep Coleman and allow him time to learn the playbook. What did they expect him to do in couple weeks? 

Do more than nothing at all in preseason?

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

There were great discussions, posts, threads on the Sabres TSW board a few years ago on a nasty tough winger who also had some offensive skill, Zack Kassian. He never really became what he was supposed to be and was traded to the Oilers for Cody Hodgson, who sucked worse. Kassian is still in the league but never really put it together. But on the board he became known as "The Concept of Zack Kassian."

It was a really great name and idea and topic for discussion which is applicable here. I liked the Concept of Corey Coleman but ultimately not the player. I was very happy with the trade, seventh rounders are virtually nothing, and we needed the speed and talent infusion obviously. But after watching and reading and listening more and more he just wasn't cutting it. So he got cut. 

And now we're back to looking for The Concept of Corey Coleman because we surely need it. 

If only Robert Foster could track the ball in the air and then catch the sucker. 

I think it's closer to the Concept of Da'Rick 

10 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

You guys are insane

Beane is a disaster?? There were posters who would say they wanted him to negotiate their life. He whiffed on Mack? I dont consider mortgaging our future 1st round picks for the next two years PLUS players. And so what? Beane knew we were crap at WR and did what he could to try and improve it. Cant fault Beane for Coleman having a lazy work ethic and being slow on picking up the playbook.

I give Beane a lot of credit and hope he is our GM for many years to come

Exactly right. Coleman was a low-budget risk to create some competition, and Mack ain't worth what is being asked of him, especially for a team that needs its picks next year to build a line.

The challenge, unfortunately, is that being a Bills fan means being around people who desperately want the team to fail so they get to tell everyone "I told you so." Predicting failure is the easiest and laziest position in sports. If you are unable to see the improved competence and focus of the current coach and GM, it's simply because you don't want to.

This year is to evaluate and build. Next year the team has picks and an orca-fat wallet.

• Like (+1) 1