Sal Carpaccio: Corey Coleman Is In Trouble

Message added by Chandler#81

Cut

I think one of Streeter/Holmes makes it but not both. If they are comfortable with Ray Ray Kerley could be odd man out.

I think it'll end up:

1. KB

2. Zay

3. Coleman

4. Streeter

5. Ray Ray

6. Dupre/Reilly 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, wppete said:

We really haven’t see anything from Kurley and really haven’t heard anything of him. I think Ray-Ray surprises and beats him out. I also think Zay will start at slot. 

That's probably because he's old and they know they want him starting.

My guess is we keep:

Benjamin

Kerley

Zay

Coleman

Holmes

Ray-Ray

Coleman, I say he definitely makes this team. As long as he putting in the time and showing the coaches he's willing to work they'll keep him. They traded for him because they were unhappy with the their options and didn't feel comfortable with the players who would of occupied the 4th and 5th slots

Either Holmes or Kerley will be a surprise cut. My money would probably be on Kerley. Ray Ray has played very well so far and imagine he can do a lot of the same things Kerley would do for us but with the upside of being much younger with more potential. Before pre-season kicked off i thought Kerley would be a lock simply because he was the most experienced receiver on our roster.

Coleman probably makes it simply because of his speed and Allen's arm. Man what we would give up to have Goodwin on this team still.

46 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

I think one of Streeter/Holmes makes it but not both. If they are comfortable with Ray Ray Kerley could be odd man out.

I think it'll end up:

1. KB

2. Zay

3. Coleman

4. Streeter

5. Ray Ray

6. Dupre/Reilly 

This is the group that I want as well. Reilly can bring that ST presence that we would miss from Holmes and I think that Ray Ray can be effective in the slot.

46 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

Yeah I forgot about Streater. One of Streater/Holmes/Kerley is definitely being cut I think. Ray Ray and Coleman are both young and have too much potential to not keep.

Even though it was for just a 7th, I dont see this team cutting someone they just dealt for unless he is a complete mess.

Kerley, Holmes, Streeter are more likely they guys that get cut if they need the room to keep some of the other WRs. Pluses they probably figure they can stash 1 or 2 on the PS.

The only locks on the roster at WR is Benjamin and Jones (Jones would most likely be traded before they would think about cutting him)

What I would like is below.  Streater looks really good, but if they are looking to the future doesn't seem to make sense to keep him over Reilly or Ray Ray - he is 30 and has an injury history, and I do think no ST could hurt him.  Streater's real competition for a roster spot could be O'Leary, K. Lee, Logan Thomas or Croom.  Can't keep four tight ends and 7 wideouts, can we?  Keep Streater or Holmes, but not both please:  I also think Kaelin Clay could be Coleman's competition - they are both vertical guys.  I would not automatically assume it is Coleman as they seem to like K. Clay too.  I don't think this admin much cares about draft position (Dareus, Gilmore).

1. Benji

2. Kerley

3. Zay

4. Holmes

5. Ray Ray

6. Reilly

7. K. Clay/Coleman

8. Streater?

Edited by MarlinTheMagician
Typo in numbering

My current ranking 

WR1:  Benjamin

WR 2:  Jones

WR 3:  Kerley

WR 4:  Coleman Holmes

WR 5:  McLeod

WR 6:  Streater

WR 7:  Holmes

WR 8:  Reilly

WR 9:  Clay

WR 10:  Dupre

WR 11:  Phillips

WR 12:  Foster

WR 13:  Proehl 

So depending on what they keep 5,6,7 there are the cut lines. 

Reilly - PS

Phillips - PS 

if they put more WRs on PS in the following order. 

Foster - PS

Proehl - PS 

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Foster is not making this team. You have more chance than him at being on the 53.

Notice I put him or Kerley as a maybe for a 7th spot.  They may not keep 7 WR’s, if so neither will make the roster.  But foster had a better week of practice after the bad outing and Daboll coached him in college.  He has a shot still IMO.