Who are your surprise teams?

Pete

Colts. Not saying they'll go to the Superbowl, but with Luck back I can see them improving to get 7 to 9 wins.

I think the Browns will still suck, but get like 5 wins, which is great for them.

I think the Dolphins will do better than a lot of people think. Tanny is always good for 8 or 9 wins when healthy.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Rams.  Do they qualify?

Nope.  Rams are going to be nasty.  The whole NFC actually

19 minutes ago, The Jerk said:

There's no surprise when everyone is picking a team to be a surprise, ya dig? 

nope.  But I dig 60's jive.  It's groovy

Edited by Pete

For me it's the Giants, Colts, and Bengals....

Giants lost their top 3 WR in a single game last season. Plus they had a buffoon who wanted to prove he was the man for a HC, which tore the team apart. They are going to be better, and that division (aside from Philly) is not going to be strong IMO.

The Colts have Reich and a healthy Luck. I think we are going to see that Reich played a major role in the Eagles' offense. I think the Eagles will look less otherworldly and the Colts will challenge for the playoffs.

Dalton is very good (maybe not top 5 but a very good QB in my opinion) and that defense is nasty.

MAYBE this is the year that the AFC grows a pair and someone stops NE from making me a nervous wreck for the entire Super Bowl. As great as it feels when NE loses the big game, the threat of them winning makes me sick and I can't enjoy my gameday feast!

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Improve:

- Browns

- Giants

- Texans

Regress:

- Bills (ducks)

- Broncos (not really regress but no chance at 7.5 wins)

- Seahawks

Agree completely.

Giants have obj back, made some decent draft picks, and some good fa pickups.

Not a huge fan of rb @#2 but I think he fits with their plan.

Browns.  They lost 2 games last season in OT and 4 others by 7 points or less.  I know many Bills fans don't think much of Tyrod but he will be a steadying influence and we know he doesn't commit turnovers.  With the additions they've made to the roster, plus the experience gained by their youngsters, I can see them improving to 6 or 7 wins ( maybe more), despite Hue Jackson being their coach.

A surprise one that not seen many mention is the Cardinals. I think they are a darkhorse playoff team and I see them winning more than the 9ers. The Texans and Giants were injury ravaged last year. They will be better but of the two Houston are contenders and the Giants are still pretenders. 

Improve

• Chargers; Rivers, the best pass rush duo in the league, one of the game's top corners, a killer combo of Anthony Lynn and Gus Bradley; my vote for the team that has the best chance at beating NE in the AFC this year
  • Bengals; everyone was ****ing on them retaining Marvin Lewis, but continuity and revamping the OL may be just what they needed to make a playoff push this year
  • Texans; super easy schedule and household names on both sides of the ball
  • Broncos; Case Keenum will do more than enough sustaining drives; Sanders is as crisp of a route runner as Thielen was and the defense will actually have time to breathe this year
  • Giants; Saquon deez nuts

Regress

• Bills; discussed ad-nauseum
  • Chiefs; I believe in Mahomes, but the division is as tough as ever and their defense looks awful this year
  • Cowboys; losing Frederick was a massive blow and I'm not sure who really believes in Jason Garret to go beyond mediocrity - I think this will be the year he loses his job
  • Seahawks; officially in rebuilding mode. Without Wilson, this is by far the worst team in the league but I don't see them being better than third in the NFCW.