Interesting Astro Tweet re: Beane

Just now, That's No Moon said:

I realize this is blasphemy for some, but no part of that looks even remotely appetizing.

Agreed! As a resident mayonnaise and hot dog hater I want nothing to do with a garbage plate. 

Edited by donbb

Looks like Mack is getting moved to me. Trade the 2 1st it will take to get him. It's worth it for a top 5 defensive player. Give him the 5y 100m deal he wants and give him 40m in the 1st year, we have the room. Make 55m guaranteed, so the team has flexibility to release or trade if things go bad. Then it's a 4y 60m deal the rest of the way, and we have a cheep superstar and a roster ready to compete for championships. Let make this happen!!!!

Edited by Franchiseneedsme
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, T master said:

Someone saying there is less than a one percent chance that something COULD happen doesn't really count as a legitimate source to me. 

There hasn't been anything to suggest that Raiders are willing or even looking to trade him.

Edited by Bangarang

3 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Big Ben is probably going to the HOF.

When Baltimore did it, Flacco was playing on a level way higher than Tyrod is capable of playing at. 

I'll give you Trent Dilfer, but the odds of winning a Superbowl via the "great defense" route are slim. 

Mack doesn't change this team's win/loss column enough to justify the cost.

Am I confused or are you? Ben may be going to HOF, but the point Ryan C883 was trying to make was great defenses have led some teams to SB championships. He points to Steelers getting close when Ben was a rookie. The Ravens and Bucs each won a SB with journey men QBs, Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson respectively. Flacco was not the QB on that Raven team and what does Tyrod Taylor have to do with anything? He now is a Cleveland Brown.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/khalil-mack-14414/market-value/

Lets get down and dirty here. We’d be talking draft compensation as well as a very large contract. Spotrac estimates his value at about $18.3M per season. So we’d be looking at 5 years, $91.5M.  Plus our 2019 1st rounder.  Plus more.  Personally, I’m still in at this point. Add our 3rd and 5th?  Yes.  Our 2nd?  I don’t think so.  How much more would you go?

Note: I really don’t think the Raiders are going to trade him. 

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Sersly, Chandler?  Sersly?

Look at the OP and the top posts in this thread. 

Bangarang captures it: " The title suggests the Raiders are willing to trade Mack, but op provides no source. "

They're not about whether Khalil Mack is a trade candidate - there's no source for that - no argument offered to support that title.

It's all about whether the BILLS should offer for Mack and what they should offer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poll:

Should the Bills offer a 1st round pick for Khalil Mack and sign him to a huge extension?

No. Bills have the potential to have a top 10 pick in next years draft.

As good as Mack is, there is no way I would want them to risk that 

An extremely dominate D can win Super Bowls.  Ravens have done it, Tampa did with Trent Dilfer as QB, Steelers nearly made the super bowl Big Ben's rookie year on the back of their D.  

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Should the Bills offer a 1st round pick for Khalil Mack and sign him to a huge extension?
3 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

For me, Mack is the sort of player who comes at a high price but who doesn't impact the bottom line of wins and losses on a team like the Bills.  

Without an established, proven QB, Mack isn't the right fit here. 

Without a real QB, nothing matters too much. Getting after the opposing QB is not too far behind on the list, but having your own QB comes before all else. 

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

Without a real QB, nothing matters too much. Getting after the opposing QB is not too far behind on the list, but having your own QB comes before all else. 

So we gave up the farm for what?  A fake QB? 

59 minutes ago, donbb said:

Agreed! As a resident mayonnaise and hot dog hater I want nothing to do with a garbage plate. 

You can get burgers rather than dogs and there is no mayonnaise, except on the mac salad, but you can get home fries and French fries (rather than mac or potato salad).

And it helps if you're a bit drunk and its after midnight.

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

I realize this is blasphemy for some, but no part of that looks even remotely appetizing.

1 hour ago, donbb said:

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I agree with you on this.  

COMMUNISTS!!! PHILISTINES!!!

306529.jpg?itok=FA0aQsqs

Like everyone else said, it'll cost more then that.  But If they have to give up a 1st and Lawson and Washington, it still may be worth it.  He not only is one of the top LBs in the league but went to school in Buffalo.  That would make the team money with merchandise and bring in a good storyline to follow.  That'll bring some national attention. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Probably, but part of the trade is the agreement to pay him what the Raiders won't so that is going to limit how much a team is willing to give up considering they are going to have to basically make him the highest defensive player in the NFL.

Anyways, here is the discussion by ESPN Reporter on Raiders Wire

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/07/espn-raiders-de-khalil-mack-could-be-a-trade-candidate/

What is ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS is the multiple links to WWE stuff at the bottom of that article!  Raiders fans and WWE - goes hand in hand.  Awesomesauce!