Interesting Astro Tweet re: Beane

21 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

It's going to cost a LOT more than that.

Probably, but part of the trade is the agreement to pay him what the Raiders won't so that is going to limit how much a team is willing to give up considering they are going to have to basically make him the highest defensive player in the NFL.

Anyways, here is the discussion by ESPN Reporter on Raiders Wire

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/07/espn-raiders-de-khalil-mack-could-be-a-trade-candidate/

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2

Our defense is going to be very without Mack. I actually think we might be one of the top 3 defenses in all of football this year. Even with that, I feel we are going to have a real hard time. We don’t have anywhere near enough fire power on offense and we probably won’t be able to score points.  If the Bills are willing to give up a first, can it please be for a WR that can help us score points? We are going to stop people already.  Mack is an excellent player but we don’t need him. We need players that can help the offense. 

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

My offer would be:

Jerry Hughes+

2019 Top 5 protected 1st round pick and a 2020 2nd round pick

if the Bills are in the top 5 in the draft next year, then:

Bills 2020 1st round pick and 2019 2nd

I don't believe the NFL has the option of "protecting" draft picks like the NBA does.  If a pick is traded the pick is traded.  Year of pick or a pick improving by a round or two based on conditions can happen, or flipping picks within the same round, but I've never seen where a pick in any round can be protected if it falls at a certain place in a round.  

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Our defense is going to be very without Mack. I actually think we might be one of the top 3 defenses in all of football this year. Even with that, I feel we are going to have a real hard time. We don’t have anywhere near enough fire power on offense and we probably won’t be able to score points.  If the Bills are willing to give up a first, can it please be for a WR that can help us score points? We are going to stop people already.  Mack is an excellent player but we don’t need him. We need players that can help the offense. 

I agree completely. I Definitely can't dislike the idea of getting a player like Mack. I think if the irons hot you would strike because of it being available. I would rather those rescources spent on fixing that weak link because without scoring points it will be hard for the team to win games. 

So I agree with you but I wouldn't hate Beane for jumping on a rare opportunity. 

2 hours ago, Captain_Quint said:

CRAZY CAJUN NACHOS

These wildly delicious loaded chips bring New Orleans into your kitchen...and with the Super Bowl in the Big Easy just days away, this finger-food snack will get the party started! The homemade cheese sauce is made better with beer and Cajun seasoning, and the toppings make the nachos irresistible.
  •  
  • Ready in:10 minutes
  • Serves:8
  • Complexity:easy
  • Origin:Appetizers
CRAZY CAJUN NACHOS

INGREDIENTS

• 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 sweet yellow onion, sliced
  • 1 red or yellow bell pepper
  • 1 pound Andouille sausage, sliced
  • One 4-ounce can La Victoria Fire-Roasted Diced Green Chiles
  • 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 2 teaspoons cornstarch
  • 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 3/4 cup beer (or beef broth)
  • 12 cups tortilla chips
  • For Garnish: Halved Teardrop tomatoes, Chopped Green Onions and Sour Cream
  • Salt & freshly ground pepper

DIRECTIONS

1. In a large sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Add the bell pepper and continue to sauté 5 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Increase the heat to medium-high and add the Andouille. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring often, or until the mixture begins to turn golden. Stir in the green chiles. Set aside and keep warm.
  2. In a large bowl, combine the cheese, cornstarch and Cajun seasoning and mix well. In a saucepot, heat the remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the beer and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add a handful of cheese at a time, stirring constantly, until almost completely melted. Continue adding cheese, one handful at a time, allowing the cheese to completely melt between additions.
  3. To serve, arrange the tortilla chips on a large platter. Spoon the hot cheese sauce over the chips. Top with the Andouille mixture. Garnish with tomatoes, green onions and sour cream.

This may get a shot for the opener. I make food to deal with my agitation as I wait. The opener is the worst, and there’s WAY too much food. 

50 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Would you be OK with the Bills trading a first round pick and then signing him to a big extension considering our pick will be top 10 next year most likely?

Nice trolling.  Why would we be top 10 next year?

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We are a good Quarterback away from being a top 15 scoring offense. Adding Mack, especially with how our cap is set up next year is a no-brainer. I'm sure Beane can finesse his way into getting Mack on this team, i'm a billiever.

• Like (+1) 2

Next year is supposed to be amazing on the DLine. That could either open our options there, or make this deal a little cheaper. Obviously, with a young guy you trade dollars for risk. Mack is a pretty sure thing. Saving $10+ mil/year for a calculated risk is a reasonable option. 

My way of saying.....I have no freaking idea!  It all depends... That’s why we pay them the big bucks! (Then complain about every little thing that goes south.) 

• Like (+1) 1

[This is an automated response]

The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

• Like (+1) 1

I am in two minds. From a GM point of view, there does not appear to be value in the trade - the only way to exploit NFL Cap structure and have a good team is to mix veterans with cheap picks. Clearly Mack is looking for a market value extension. If we are going to pay him market value, why part with a first rounder as well?

The exceptions to the above are - 

a. The player is transcendental (like say, a LeBron) and any contract's market value will be less than what he is worth

b. We are that one player away from seriously contending

Much against my heart, I am going to discount b. above since I still do not know how good our QB is going to be. But Mack is special!! Transcendental? I do not know.

Given that for cap reasons, any trade for Mack will have to involve Jerry Hughes, I think Hughes + 2nd rounder + 50 million extension is probably a fair trade.

I doubt any team other than the Eagles or Patriots will be willing to give up a first rounder (they will pick late 20s anyway) - although Jacksonville, GB or SFO might think they are that one special player away. Glad NO traded their first to get Davenport - otherwise they would have been the favorite to land Mack.

• Like (+1) 2

No. You don't trade a 1 pick which could be in the top 10 for a player that has limited control left on his contract who plays a position which isn't hard to fill with a second round draft pick. Wait for him to hit FA at least. Overpaying for defense kept this team out of the playoffs for decades. And that pick will be needed elsewhere. We have our impact lb already, and Hughes is our pass rusher.

34 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Because most likely we will be a 5 or 6 win team and that is usually top 10.

A.J or Nate + no Oline + no depth + aging RB= 5 to 6 wins. We cant afford home town luxuries. He's a great player, but the kind of player that you draft and build a scheme around.

Edited by MURPHD6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Davis might want to avoid the embarrassment of him not being able to afford paying the $$ needed for Mack

IMO, he most certainly doesn’t want to pay what Mack will be paid to extend him.  He also is not going to want to pay Mack franchise tag $ for a DE after this season.  We may have a motivated seller here.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

42 minutes ago, George C said:

I personally would not give up multiple low draft choices for Mack. I'm not sure I'd even give up a single 1st for him. I'd rather take my chances and build with young talent from the draft. 

I respect your point, but mack turned 27 a few months ago. He’s in his prime. Rather than young, maybe “cheap” is more appropriate. I can respect that in a year deep in DLine. GREAT also appeals to me, so I guess it depends upon the cost. A 7th in 2022 works for me.  ?. I’m glad we pay people to do this better than I could. 

3 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Are those as good as they look?

The plastic forks look totally inadequate. Maybe a small garden shovel? 

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Of course. It's a conglomeration of classic American comfort food.   Eat up!

Do they have refills on the four pats of butter and the rolls on the side? I’d hate to leave hungry! 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, MarkAF43 said:

How did this become all about Mack though? Did I miss that part?

Mack is the most likely since:

a. The posters conservative track record indicates this will be for a blue chip guy. He is not likely to say Beane is not done for a Coleman type trade (note: I love the Coleman trade - but he is not a blue chipper yet)

b. The timing that something is going to happen in the next few days is the big giveaway - There are two elements that are needed for a Mack trade - 1. agreeing to terms with the raiders and 2. agreeing to extension terms with Mack. I suspect that 1. is done and 2. is ongoing. Without both of these two elements, why would there be advance notice of something big in a few days? If it is a straightforward trade without any extensions, it would have been announced already.

That said, Aaron Donald will meet these criteria as well - so there is something to what you say.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay
  • Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Four is enough for you? 

Four is just a start! I need to grease down the other 6 pounds of food on that plate. 

Edited by Augie