Interesting Astro Tweet re: Beane

Ok, let's just say that Astro is hinting at Khalil Mack here. I don't see Beane parting with a 1st Round pick, just doesn't seem like his m.o. with the way he's handled things over the last year or so. Maybe two 2nd Round picks and two 3rd's over 2019 and 2020 as well as some players involved. Maybe, just maybe, he would throw in the 2020 1st because he expects the team to be on a different path by then. I don't think he gives up the 2019 1st at this point. One would think that Lawson and Washington are two guys they would like to ship out, but are they really any sort of compensation at this point? I would like to have Mack on this team as much as anyone else, but I don't know if Beane is willing to part with what the Raiders would want in return for him. You also have to take into account that Mark Davis is a delusional idiot and may not be one that can be plausibly reasoned with. Also, there is the contract issue involved. Mack is likely after $20,000,000 per season. It would probably be a deal in the 4 year 75-80 mill range with at least 3/4 of that guaranteed. He is a dominant player though so it wouldn't be like Mario all over again. Whatever happens, whatever moves are made, I'm pretty confident in the FO in place and believe they will do what is best for our team not only now, but in the future as well. 

I’d trade a 1st rounder for Mack if it was top 5 protected, but not sure NFL allows what is a common practice in NBA due to lack of draft lottery which NFL totally needs to institute.  If Bills pick falls in top 5, then Raiders get choice of our 2nd rounder or 2020 1st rounder.  

1 hour ago, donbb said:

/

That article echoes the poster who said earlier the Raiders literally cannot afford to pay Mack. In my opinion, this lessens Mack's trade value. I'd offer the Raiders a 2020 1st round pick and Shaq Lawson. 

can't see the Raiders wanting to do something like that. An underachieving player and a draft pick 2 years away? A likely lower draft pick than a 2019 pick would be.

1 hour ago, donbb said:

That article echoes the poster who said earlier the Raiders literally cannot afford to pay Mack. In my opinion, this lessens Mack's trade value. I'd offer the Raiders a 2020 1st round pick and Shaq Lawson. 

Gotta do better than that. They'll want next years 1st and maybe a 2020 2nd along with a player like Lawson or even Hughes.

And you know what? I'd pay it!!! Mack (Thumper)/ Edmunds (Enforcer)/ Milano (Hawk) . WOW!!!

Use the cap space savings for talent on Offense and away we go!!! 

As much as we all would love Mack, let’s stay grounded here as there is just no way anyone inside the Bills leaked we are after Mack or any other specific target to Astro.  

Astro most likely just repeated what someone likely told him, that Beane is busy eyeing or working on other moves.  But there just is no way someone gave him details ahead of those moves.

That being said, Beane still looking at other moves in general still opens up the possibility for Mack, all be it a low one IMO as I would find it hard to believe the Raiders would trade him, let alone trade him for a package Beane would be willing to pay.  I think it more likely suggests Shaq, Washington, or someone could be moved out. 

But hey, Beane is a witch so I wouldn’t put it past him to pull off some big trade either

13 hours ago, Bill_with_it said:

Whaley made sure that wouldn’t happen by doubling down on a previous mistake.

For the love of god, our line was stacked that year and we had nobody outside of Woods at WR. It made much more sense to draft a WR at the time. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Gotta do better than that. They'll want next years 1st and maybe a 2020 2nd along with a player like Lawson or even Hughes.

And you know what? I'd pay it!!! Mack (Thumper)/ Edmunds (Enforcer)/ Milano (Hawk) . WOW!!!

Use the cap space savings for talent on Offense and away we go!!! 

Mack would be a DE in this scheme, not a linebacker.

1 minute ago, Irv said:

Shady, Hughes and a 1st for Mack.  

Captain-Picard-Facepalm.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Mack would be a DE in this scheme, not a linebacker.

Captain-Picard-Facepalm.jpg

Shady and Hughes are on the other side of the hill.  You think there is anybody in next years draft better than Mack?  Sorry.  

1 minute ago, Irv said:

Shady and Hughes are on the other side of the hill.  You think there is anybody in next years draft better than Mack?  Sorry.  

The other side of WHAT hill?  You want to potentially trot out a rookie QB with Marcus Murphy and Chris Ivory as the starting running backs, just so you can wear a red, white and blue Khalil Mack jersey on Sundays?  Please.

Keith_Radford_1414115427991_9312508_ver1

44 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

The other side of WHAT hill?  You want to potentially trot out a rookie QB with Marcus Murphy and Chris Ivory as the starting running backs, just so you can wear a red, white and blue Khalil Mack jersey on Sundays?  Please.

Keith_Radford_1414115427991_9312508_ver1

Yes.  You are correct.  Peterman and McCarron are not rookies.  Thank you. 

52 minutes ago, Irv said:

There may or may not be anyone better than Mack in this upcoming draft but you're advocating trading 2 of our best players and a 1st and handing out a huge contract over keeping 2 of our best players and drafting an above average pass rusher in a deep DE draft, on a rookie contract.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Give up valuable, high future picks that could be used to shore up the offensive line and get legitimate receivers and tight ends for Allen?   Brilliant. <sarcasm>

Whoa, an angsty middle class white guy with big time attitude and no discernible sense of humor?!?!? You're going to be a hit.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, SCBills said:

There may or may not be anyone better than Mack in this upcoming draft but you're advocating trading 2 of our best players and a 1st and handing out a huge contract over keeping 2 of our best players and drafting an above average pass rusher in a deep DE draft, on a rookie contract.  

Mack replaces Hughes and is a better, younger player.  So is it worth giving up Shady and the 1st?  Shady is not going to last forever.  Getting a little long in the tooth - 30 years old with a lot of mileage.  Maybe he's got one good year left.  And let's not forget the potential legal problems he might face.  So now, is Mack worth that 1st is the only thing to argue.  I think he's the NFL Defensive or overall MVP for several years to come and he wants to be here.  How often does that happen?   

Edited by Irv

4 minutes ago, Irv said:

Mack replaces Hughes and is a better, younger player.  So is it worth giving up Shady and the 1st?  Shady is not going to last forever.  Getting a little long in the tooth - 30 years old with a lot of mileage.  Maybe he's got one good year left.  And let's not forget the potential legal problems he might face.  So now, is Mack worth that 1st is the only thing to argue.  I think he's the NFL Defensive or overall MVP for several years to come and he wants to be here.  How often does that happen?   

The flip side of that coin is that there is a decent chance Mack becomes an UFA next year.  Why give away assets for him now if he ultimately wants to be here?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

The flip side of that coin is that there is a decent chance Mack becomes an UFA next year.  Why give away assets for him now if he ultimately wants to be here?

True.  I'd just like to have him this year.  The guy is unstoppable.  

9 minutes ago, Irv said:

If you replaced Jerry Hughes with Shaq Lawson, I'd be tempted.  I'd be extremely concerned with our offense if you take Shady away, but it might be too hard to pass up.  However, if that's what it takes, along with next years 1st, I'd be willing to move on that but want to see a year or two of Mack with Hughes, not Mack instead of Hughes.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I would too.  If he continues to hold out, I think the Raiders start losing leverage.  You might be able to get him without giving up a first.

Not exactly. He'll eventually report to gain another year toward UFA.

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

Since we're dreaming here, I think a 2019 1st rounder, Lawson and a 2020 3rd rounder would be reasonable.

I don't understand the Lawson talk.  He's on the Bills roster bubble and is lauded for being an "edge setter".  At this point he has less value than an Irish Setter. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1