Interesting Astro Tweet re: Beane

9 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

Literally only fans and media worry about the cap. Teams always find ways to make it work.

Not really. The teams that make it work had the ability to make it work. The teams that didn't have the ability to make it work didn't get the player. There would be a lot more "super teams" if cap space weren't an issue. 

29 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Are we just ignoring that we don’t have the cap space for him this year?

If his contract is restructured to be a lot of up-front signing bonus, I expect we could make it work.  It doesn't seem to me to be a "Beane-like" move, and I think it would be a dumb move on Oakland's part, but whaddo I know.

1 minute ago, MPT said:

Not really. The teams that make it work had the ability to make it work. The teams that didn't have the ability to make it work didn't get the player. There would be a lot more "super teams" if cap space weren't an issue. 

Or, they have smart GMs who can maneuver around and work the cap to their advantage. 

This is what separates good GMs from bad ones.

38 minutes ago, mannc said:

Well, they certainly won’t get more than that, so maybe they’ll just re-sign him.

NFL players hold no value for some weird reason. IF it was for the pick to select Mack then the offer would be a hell of a lot different, which i don't get. 

One year rental, needs long term contract, about to become the highest paid player in the league. not many teams are going to sign up for that uncertainty, especially at a buy very high price.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I’m getting the sense that you are failing to pick up on obvious attempts at humor.

I not only picked up on it, but then said it failed. So, clearly I didnt fail, the individual trying to be funny failed.

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Me three.  When they grabbed Watkins instead I was all WHAAAAAT?

Confession time: while publically and consciously, I do not yet trust this regime, I have a very different attitude during the draft.
I'm not yet screaming WHAAAAAAT? at the monitor all the time, even when Rosen was on the board and we chose Allen.  So subconsciously, I may trust them more than I believe I do, or at least am giving them the benefit of the doubt.

I ASSumed Watkins, prayed for Mack, but assumed the worst.

57 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Me three.  When they grabbed Watkins instead I was all WHAAAAAT?

Confession time: while publically and consciously, I do not yet trust this regime, I have a very different attitude during the draft.
I'm not yet screaming WHAAAAAAT? at the monitor all the time, even when Rosen was on the board and we chose Allen.  So subconsciously, I may trust them more than I believe I do, or at least am giving them the benefit of the doubt.

i think the only moment when i've screamed at this regime was when they picked allen over rosen.  in all honesty, i haven't seen much of either candidate in live play, (we've all seen a few youtube clips) so my opinion was based on write ups and other's analysis.  i got over it quickly because i do feel that even though allen is a work in progress, this staff might be the ones to actually bring him along.  i'm just gun shy whenever the bills try to get cute with a pick.

2 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

Bros, garbage plates aren't something you eat on a regular basis. It's a "my god I'm wasted and need to stuff my face full of food to soak up this booze" meal. Lighten up Frances 

this is the truth.  plates are something you start randomly thinking about weeks before.  then one night when drunk...bam!  it's magically sitting in front of you.  it's definitely not day to day, or even week to week eating.  

23 minutes ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

Schefter just tweeted the Bills are heavily pursuing a trade for Mack...

Edit: Nevermind, was too busy with life n realised the message i received from my buddy was from yesterday... whoops lol

Bigger issue is that wasn't a real Adam Schefter tweet. Fake account.

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It just looks gross.

there's nothing nice looking about it.  just all of the food blends together to make the perfect taste.  it's strange, but take my word for it...you'd crave them.

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

Do you mean:

tran·scen·den·tal

/ˌtranˌsenˈden(t)l/

adjective

• 1. relating to a spiritual or nonphysical realm:

Or

tran·scends

/tran(t)ˈsend/

verb

• 1. be or go beyond the range or limits of (something abstract, typically a conceptual field or division):

My bad. You are absolutely right. "Transcendental" is wrong. But "Transcendent" would be right. No?

2 minutes ago, teef said:

there's nothing nice looking about it.  just all of the food blends together to make the perfect taste.  it's strange, but take my word for it...you'd crave them.

I’ve eaten things around 2am that look and taste worse than a garbage plate.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1