Difference again between Pats and Bills

19 minutes ago, Lurker said:

How quickly they fall. Really hoping Malachi Dupre will step up. He always impressed me at LSU, despite having awful QBs there.

1 hour ago, eball said:

Did you watch Decker last season?  I'm guessing not.  He stunk.  But rant away.

Anyone who was a fantasy star at some point will get this response, especially WR's.   The main difference between the Bills and Pats is Belicheck and Brady, not a guy they brought in for a look.  If you look at how Buffalo is managing their roster right now, it is more "Pats like" than ever.   A lot of one year deals, cheaper, lesser known guys who are hungry.   They are not unwilling to move on from people, etc.

Other than that the two teams are in opposite stages of life.  The Pats are looking for plug in guys to help win an SB while the Bills are looking for core talent to build around.

Edited by mattynh
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Foreigner said:

The Pats are looking for WRs, so brought in veteran WR Eric Decker for a workout yesterday.

You would think that the Bills who did not even attempt to address perhaps the worst WR core in the league

during the off season,  would have tried this. The situation with the OL, with Wood & Incognito gone, and same old,

same old Mills and Miller who are nowhere near the top of the league, helps one understand why the Bills

are picked where they are for this year. Hard for any QB to have success when teams know the top talent

to stop is McCoy.

• Haha (+1) 2

The Pats are looking for WRs, so brought in veteran WR Eric Decker for a workout yesterday.

You would think that the Bills who did not even attempt to address perhaps the worst WR core in the league

during the off season,  would have tried this. The situation with the OL, with Wood & Incognito gone, and same old,

same old Mills and Miller who are nowhere near the top of the league, helps one understand why the Bills

are picked where they are for this year. Hard for any QB to have success when teams know the top talent

to stop is McCoy.

Image result for chris farley bus driver gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

The point is ts not whether Decker is any good now, but the Pats have tried, just like they tried with

Hogan and Gilleslee recently. He did have talent at one time.

We struggled on the defensive line last year and we signed Murphy and Star....and drafting Phillips in the 3rd.

Do these upgrades not count?  

• Thank you (+1) 1

to stop is McCoy.

Gee maybe the coaches know more than you. Some of our players are in their 2-3 year & are improving & being coached up.

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

"Discluding" isn't a word, but I give you top marks for creativity.

Well, shoot! 

That invalidates my entire point!

Thank you for your valuable contribution to this thread.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

So the difference between the Bills and the Patriots is just about WR's.  That's good to know.  I guess having a HOF quarterback that can make chumps look like champs really doesn't make any difference at all.  Just asinine.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Not to pee on your pity parade, but the Pats* only brought in Eric Decker because Jordan Matthews, Kenny Britt, and Malcolm Mitchell are all hurt and they need bodies. Also, while Edelman is suspended and discluding Gronk (who's a tight end), New England has a worse WR corps than Buffalo.

But please continue.

I bet you think you know stuff, huh?

...it would be a good bet, because your post just sort of explains everything, with eball's post being an appropriate chaser to it.

BTW, respectfully to the OP I am going to go out on a limb and say the difference between the Pats and Bills might be Tom Brady...don't quote me on that, though.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 2

Know who else is still available to sign? Dez Bryant. Team McBeane are a buncha friggin' jerks for not signing him. Man, if I ever cross paths with Brandon Beane, I got a few questions for him, like: How dare you? What gives you the right? And my personal favorite, Why are you the way that you are? Maybe that'll give him the boost he needs to sign top talent at every single position.

The OL concern is a bit overblown IMO. Ducasse isn't great but he's better on the left side than the right. John Miller played great in 2016 but last season was a bust for him because he wasn't suited for the blocking schemes they ran. That's different this season so I think he'll be OK. Mills is Mills, they have Marshall Newhouse if they wanna make the switch, though, I'm not sure that's exactly an upgrade. Bodine has been a day one starter since his rookie year and is capable, as is Groy. The organization really really likes Dawkins, in fact, they valued him enough to trade Cordy Glenn.

And in these, "worst WR group evuuurrrrr!!!!11111" posts, I rarely see the mention of Charles Clay and LeSean McCoy. While they aren't WRs by job title, they are both capable pass catchers and will be utilized in passing situations quite often this season. Camp reports have said Clay has been lining up all over the place, traditional TE spots, the slot, out wide and even in the backfield. 

I'm pretty sure they're still going to be a run-heavy team as they have three unproven QBs on the roster. It's not rocket science that any team with inexperienced QBs is going to rely heavily on the run game in order to take pressure off the QB. Until the team is in a position where they have real stability at the QB position, they're going to continue to maintain a "not too flashy" WR group. If Allen takes the reins and shows that he is finally *THE GUY* after all these years, then I'd expect the organization to draft high on a WR or go out and sign a top name, if one is available. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Logic said:

Not to pee on your pity parade, but the Pats* only brought in Eric Decker because Jordan Matthews, Kenny Britt, and Malcolm Mitchell are all hurt and they need bodies. Also, while Edelman is suspended and discluding Gronk (who's a tight end), New England has a worse WR corps than Buffalo.

But please continue.

From the top rope with the atomic elbow.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Foreigner said:

to stop is McCoy.

Yup. You've unlocked the secret. Players you've heard of.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Foreigner said:

to stop is McCoy.

Eric Decker. Really?

Are you being serious or facetious?

Edited by MILFHUNTER#518
Spelling

The point is ts not whether Decker is any good now, but the Pats have tried, just like they tried with

Hogan and Gilleslee recently. He did have talent at one time.

...so did Christopher Columbus comin' from Europe......but he's dead, so now what???.....good Lord...........

Kelvin Benjamin was damaged goods from Carolina, and let us hope that he can still go after recent surgery.

Kerley has been there, done that and Zay Jones---please.

Kelvin Benjamin may always be remembered in Buffalo for the push off in the End Zone against Jacksonville.

You couldn’t quit while you were behind, huh?

2 hours ago, blacklabel said:

Know who else is still available to sign? Dez Bryant. Team McBeane are a buncha friggin' jerks for not signing him. Man, if I ever cross paths with Brandon Beane, I got a few questions for him, like: How dare you? What gives you the right? And my personal favorite, Why are you the way that you are? Maybe that'll give him the boost he needs to sign top talent at every single position.

The OL concern is a bit overblown IMO. Ducasse isn't great but he's better on the left side than the right. John Miller played great in 2016 but last season was a bust for him because he wasn't suited for the blocking schemes they ran. That's different this season so I think he'll be OK. Mills is Mills, they have Marshall Newhouse if they wanna make the switch, though, I'm not sure that's exactly an upgrade. Bodine has been a day one starter since his rookie year and is capable, as is Groy. The organization really really likes Dawkins, in fact, they valued him enough to trade Cordy Glenn.

And in these, "worst WR group evuuurrrrr!!!!11111" posts, I rarely see the mention of Charles Clay and LeSean McCoy. While they aren't WRs by job title, they are both capable pass catchers and will be utilized in passing situations quite often this season. Camp reports have said Clay has been lining up all over the place, traditional TE spots, the slot, out wide and even in the backfield. 

I'm pretty sure they're still going to be a run-heavy team as they have three unproven QBs on the roster. It's not rocket science that any team with inexperienced QBs is going to rely heavily on the run game in order to take pressure off the QB. Until the team is in a position where they have real stability at the QB position, they're going to continue to maintain a "not too flashy" WR group. If Allen takes the reins and shows that he is finally *THE GUY* after all these years, then I'd expect the organization to draft high on a WR or go out and sign a top name, if one is available. 

^THIS^

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

If you did some research on where teams were drafted on each of the NFL teams I think it might suprise you where they came from (Hint....they were not all expensive free agents and high round picks)

The bills have Kelvin Benjamin.......and Jeremy Kerley who are both solid NFL veteran guys.....they are trying to bring along some young guys and are waiting to see on Zay Jones....

Lets also keep in mind about our dead salary cap situation.....we are taking a bite this year and will have HUGE cap space and draft picks next year......

So.....relax sir

Well said John.  I was listening today and also heard decent things about Streater (not sure on spelling of name and don’t have time to look up).

i agree completely as we’ll tons of cap space next year.  I think they will still be smart about spending first resigning those that need to be resigned.  In addition, we’ll get some targeted picks at our most pressing needs.  If you think about how many role players they have brought in, I’m impressed with Beane’s level of activity.  A good example for his staffs eye is Poyer.  He was a steal.  Screw the Patsies.

4 hours ago, Lurker said:

Mrs. Poyer might be jealous if they came to Buffalo...

Doubt that Mrs Poyer (Rachel Bush)is a lil pissed at Jordan. He got caught banging a 22 year old from WNY in Florida in Rache'ls house i believe . I only know this cause she used to baby sit my niece and nephew a few years ago..... Just saying.

It’s crazy.

Some of these posters are defending our WR Corp, wacky blind faith with no logic at all.  

What the !@#$!! 

News flash. Op is correct, we need to upgrade our wr and ol and we are ignoring it. 

Its odd how they just ignore it. 

Very Billsy and Very Typical. 

Edited by Torrey
  • Like (+1) 1