Difference again between Pats and Bills

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I can see him complaining that a 7th was too high to give up.

he'll have an angle.  i mean he did let us all know that this coaching staff doesn't care about the offense...which is interesting since they picked a qb with their first pick in the draft.

24 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

Do you really think the Pats would want someone who was not good enough for a 0-16 team.

What is in your coffee this morning?

I think we can officially close this thread.

You guys are trying to talk sense into someone who isn't interested in reality. Just close it and move on.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

I think we can officially close this thread.

You guys are trying to talk sense into someone who isn't interested in reality. Just close it and move on.

Flippin foreigners...... :lol: I keed, I keed. 

28 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

Do you really think the Pats would want someone who was not good enough for a 0-16 team.

Barkevious Mingo says hi. No wait, my bad, the Browns were 3-13 then. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/1/2018 at 10:15 AM, JP's Voice said:

Difference between the pats and bills: One team has the future greatest QB of all time on their roster and the other has Tom Brady.

Whoa, whoa, whoa friend.  Let's pull back a little on the Nathan Peterman will be the future greatest QB of all time talk.  A bit premature don't you think ?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Foreigner said:

So, original post notes the difference is the Pats are at least willing to try and plug holes while the Bills won't.  Bills then trade a 2020 7th round pick for a former 1st round WR and you're still complaining?  Just...wow.  Your initial assertion is outright proven wrong, yet rather then admit it, you double down.  That's a whole new level of crazy.

Caffeine was in my coffee.  I'm...beginning to wonder what you put in yours.

As much fun as shooting fish in a barrel is, I think I need to bow out of this thread with my sanity intact. ?

Edited by The Red King

2 hours ago, Foreigner said:

But signing a free agent like Decker, that nobody else wanted, was brilliant.

But taking a gamble on a recent high pick that didn’t work out elsewhere is dumb now. 

This is pretty much exactly what you were calling to them to do. These low risk high reward reclamation projects, exactly like this trade, are the types of move the Patriots have made their living on. 

You are either just trolling, or you are 100% determined to look every every move the Bills make in the worst possible light.

On 8/4/2018 at 3:30 AM, Foreigner said:

4. New York State has the highest tax rate in the country. The practically the only free agents you will get here

can't go anywhere else or are wished up or half crippled, and why were we in cap hell. Since Bill Polian left,

who has been running things.

NY does not have the highest tax rates. California, Minnesota (who just signed the biggest free agent available) and New Jersey all have higher tax rates. 

On 8/2/2018 at 9:51 PM, Foreigner said:

We have a GM and Coach who could not get these positions in there NFL careers.

It took John Dorsey (ex Chiefs GM) 20 years in the NFL to be hired as a GM.

It took Kevin Colbert (Steelers GM) 26 years in the NFL to get his first GM job.

It took Reggie McKenzie 18 years in NFL

John Schneider (Seattle) 17 years in NFL

Dave Caldwell 17 years in NFL 

Mike Maccagnan 25 years in NFL 

Tom Telesco 22 years in NFL 

Jason Licht 18 years in NFL

Les Snead 17 years in NFL

Bob Quinn 16 years in NFL 

Thomas Dimitroff 15 years in NFL 

And that’s only a list of GM’s. I could make this same list for head coaches (but I won’t bother because I know it won’t make any difference to you. I had already made this above list previously and only had to copy+paste, otherwise I wouldn’t have even bothered at all) 

Edit - oh and to add to this, Beane ne McDermott are one of the youngest coach/GM combos in the NFL. It’s adtually remarkable the amount of NFL experience they already have for both being so young. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

But taking a gamble on a recent high pick that didn’t work out elsewhere is dumb now. 

This is pretty much exactly what you were calling to them to do. This is the type of move the Patriots have made their living on. 

NY does not have the highest tax rates. California, Minnesota (who just signed the biggest free agent available) and New Jersey all have higher tax rates. 

It took Kevin Colbert (Steelers GM) 26 years in the NFL to get his first GM job.

And that’s only a list of GM’s. I could make this same list for head coaches (but I won’t bother because I know it won’t make any difference to you. I had already made this above list previously and only had to copy+paste, otherwise I wouldn’t have even bothered at all) 

Oh snap!

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What does it appear like now?

That the Bills are still scouring the bargain table at some church rummage sale for WRs because the WRs currently on the roster are by and large not NFL caliber players.

7 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I can see him complaining that a 7th was too high to give up.

It's not the giving up of a 7th round pick two years out that's troubling ... it's that so many TBD members believe this move is anything but a desperate attempt to cover up the Bills FO's failure to give Allen any kind of meaningful help with the passing game, and that Coleman's going to magically improve when he comes to Buffalo.  How a "change of scenery" is going to improve Coleman's pass catching ability and route running, two knocks on him from his college days, seems like serious wishful thinking ... but then Bills fans have lived on that for the last two decades, so most are well trained.  Did going to the Jests turn Aaron Maybin into a NFL caliber player?   Nope, and this trade in no way compares to the trade that brought Hughes to the Bills, either, since both Hughes and the player he was traded for, Kelvin Sheppard, were decent enough players playing in systems where they weren't good fits. They weren't busts, just not playing up to expectations.  Both went on to have success, although Hughes had much more success than Sheppard.  He probably had more raw talent, too, being a first rounder while Sheppard was a fourth rounder.

My guess is that the Browns were going to cut Coleman if they couldn't trade him, and that the Bills were the only team that offered them even the equivalent of used athletic equipment for him ...  Maybe if they had waited, they could have gotten him for nothing, but the Bills move smacks of desperation.   If another team's bust is an upgrade, that speaks volumes about the poor quality of the Bills WR corps ... and volumes more about the quality of the Bills talent evaluation that obviously misjudged the quality of the WRs currently on the roster.

But you fanboys continue to spin your fantasies for a while ....

36 minutes ago, SoTier said:

That the Bills are still scouring the bargain table at some church rummage sale for WRs because the WRs currently on the roster are by and large not NFL caliber players.

It's not the giving up of a 7th round pick two years out that's troubling ... it's that so many TBD members believe this move is anything but a desperate attempt to cover up the Bills FO's failure to give Allen any kind of meaningful help with the passing game, and that Coleman's going to magically improve when he comes to Buffalo.  How a "change of scenery" is going to improve Coleman's pass catching ability and route running, two knocks on him from his college days, seems like serious wishful thinking ... but then Bills fans have lived on that for the last two decades, so most are well trained.  Did going to the Jests turn Aaron Maybin into a NFL caliber player?   Nope, and this trade in no way compares to the trade that brought Hughes to the Bills, either, since both Hughes and the player he was traded for, Kelvin Sheppard, were decent enough players playing in systems where they weren't good fits. They weren't busts, just not playing up to expectations.  Both went on to have success, although Hughes had much more success than Sheppard.  He probably had more raw talent, too, being a first rounder while Sheppard was a fourth rounder.

My guess is that the Browns were going to cut Coleman if they couldn't trade him, and that the Bills were the only team that offered them even the equivalent of used athletic equipment for him ...  Maybe if they had waited, they could have gotten him for nothing, but the Bills move smacks of desperation.   If another team's bust is an upgrade, that speaks volumes about the poor quality of the Bills WR corps ... and volumes more about the quality of the Bills talent evaluation that obviously misjudged the quality of the WRs currently on the roster.

I bet you whined like a little B word when the Bills traded for Hughes years ago, didn’t you.

Fanboy.

Grow the !@#$ up.

• Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, SoTier said:

TL;DR

That is a LOT of energy to spend protesting a trade involving a conditional 7th round pick two years from now.

Wow.

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

TL;DR

That is a LOT of energy to spend protesting a trade involving a conditional 7th round pick two years from now.

Wow.

I wonder what his take would be if the Patriots were the ones who got Coleman for a 2020 7th?

42 minutes ago, SoTier said:

You're right.  If Beane was a real GM he would have gotten an all-pro reciever from one of the top teams in the league for a ninth round pick in 2099.  Because, you know, all teams are just chaffing at the bit to make a trade like that.  Any real GM would have already added three Pro-Bowl receivers in exchange for a bag of footballs, it's just that easy.

...damn, shooting fish in a barrel is hard to pass up.

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

TL;DR

Wow.

At this point I’ve come to the conclusion that he’s just messing with everyone. To be honest, he’s fantastic at. If this isn’t an act, and it’s really what he has going on, he may be the worlds biggest !@#$. 

3 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

This is pretty much exactly what you were calling to them to do. These low risk high reward reclamation projects, exactly like this trade, are the types of move the Patriots have made their living on. 

You are either just trolling, or you are 100% determined to look every every move the Bills make in the worst possible light.

Edit - oh and to add to this, Beane ne McDermott are one of the youngest coach/GM combos in the NFL. It’s adtually remarkable the amount of NFL experience they already have for both being so young. 

....nice work and great closing statement about McBeane/McDermott......looking like one SOLID draft for their 1st year together.......a couple of young gun 40 somethings who if they continue on this path, Pegula better make them "happy happy...$$$"......Steelers Colbert GM since 2000.....3 HC's in 48 years...AND...SIX Lombardis on the shelf.....kinda like their definition of "turnstile"........

• Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, SoTier said:

tenor.gif