How do you feel about the Buffalo Bills right now?

I'm at a point mentally where it's put up or shut up for me. Last year fans thought I was crazy when I said that I wanted to win out instead of bottoming out for a franchise QB. We may have only went 9-7 last year but that was the first time in my adult life we made the playoffs. I was born in 87 and I remember wide right and I was crushed when that happened but I was way too young to understand the significance of the moment. Last time we made the playoffs I was 12, once again too young to fully understand what was going on. I admire many of you old timers, you got to see OJ, Cookie, Kemp, Ferguson, I do not have any glory years to really gloat about. There are a lot of millennials such as myself that would lose their minds if we saw the Buffalo Bills in the playoffs for the next 10-12 years, I'm so desperate to experience playoff football in my adult years, I think the entire !@#$ing city would get burned down.

• Haha (+1) 1

Right now? Like, right this moment? As I’m typing this? It’s the off-season, dude. The booze, apps, giant ass rib eye, port, and dessert... and if I’m being honest, more booze... are having much more of an impact on how I’m feeling right now than the Bills, which I would describe as feeling as though I happily and stupidly ate a, albeit delicious, bowling ball. 

Edited by transient

Star:

Shady

PK

Above Standard:

S

Coaching

Standard:

LB

DB

DT

LS

TE

other RBs

Below Standard:

OL

QB

WR

DE

KR

P

Conclusion: Not enough talent to contend. Add in a difficult schedule with too many road games early, I don’t feel good about this season.

i do, however, feel pretty good that the future is optimistic as I think Kim believes in the management team and will give them at least a few years to evolve their ‘process’.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Football season has been my happiest season since I was 4. I’m crabby without football

The Bills may hurt my heart sometimes but they make me proud to call myself a Buffalonian and they always have

you need to get beyond the whole "reflected glory" mental ailment.  look it up.

if your self worth is defined by the performance of a sports team then you have larger issues to tackle, my friend. 

• Like (+1) 1

I feel like I'm sick of living off the fumes of the early 90s. I'm sick of having to watch guys named Kelly, Thomas, and Reed just to catch a glimpse of success. I'm sick of chasing ghosts.

I'm ready to watch a consistently contending, legitimately playoff caliber team. I'm ready to see competent quarterbacking, top 5 defenses, and 10 to 12 win seasons. I'm ready for All-Pro nods and prime time games.

I'm ready to stand in line with 75,000 rowdy lunatics to get into the gates for a home AFC Championship game. 

I'm ready to fly to Buffalo when the Bills win it all and take part in a week of celebration and fandemonium the likes of which the sports world has never seen.

I'm ready to cast off the stink of 50+ years of mediocrity and finally feel the jubilation of rooting for a well-run, winning franchise.

The worm's got to turn sometimes, man. It's got to.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, Logic said:

I feel like I'm sick of living off the fumes of the early 90s. I'm sick of having to watch guys named Kelly, Thomas, and Reed just to catch a glimpse of success. I'm sick of chasing ghosts.

I'm ready to watch a consistently contending, legitimately playoff caliber team. I'm ready to see competent quarterbacking, top 5 defenses, and 10 to 12 win seasons. I'm ready for All-Pro nods and prime time games.

I'm ready to stand in line with 75,000 rowdy lunatics to get into the gates for a home AFC Championship game. 

I'm ready to fly to Buffalo when the Bills win it all and take part in a week of celebration and fandemonium the likes of which the sports world has never seen.

I'm ready to cast off the stink of 50+ years of mediocrity and finally feel the jubilation of rooting for a well-run, winning franchise.

The worm's got to turn sometimes, man. It's got to.

The emotion of your posting belies your chosen screen name.

• Like (+1) 1

After the last 3 seasons if you compare it to when Rex came in with a new QB I’m actually feeling a bit better overall. 

The Oline has always been called questionable for a long time so to me it’s the sos.   

The defense should be better with who we retained and gained.  

Short answer

Optimistic.  

10 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Too bad we aren't at the gym right now, I might throw a dumbbell and a tennis ball at you.

You need to throw the tennis ball first ;)

BTW....Anxious.......the playoff streak is on the line this year ;)

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Star:

Shady

PK

Above Standard:

S

Coaching

Standard:

LB

DB

DT

LS

other RBs

Below Standard:

OL

QB

WR

DE

KR

P

Conclusion: Not enough talent to contend. Add in a difficult schedule with too many road games early, I don’t feel good about this season.

i do, however, feel pretty good that the future is optimistic as I think Kim believes in the management team and will give them at least a few years to evolve their ‘process’.

Agreed overall.

I'd slip starting DB up to above standard (with white being a star, and Davis being unknown but hopefully returns to star), although I could see overall, including depth, it being standard.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Agreed overall.

I'd slip starting DB up to above standard (with white being a star, and Davis being unknown but hopefully returns to star), although I could see overall, including depth, it being standard.

Yep. It’s a question mark after Tre’Davious-and he could have a sophomore slump. Seems every team has at least one very good CB, so I see us League Standard there.. Also, our TE’s are Standard -but maybe due to Tyrod..

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Yep. It’s a question mark after Tre’Davious-and he could have a sophomore slump. Seems every team has at least one very good CB, so I see us League Standard there..

Makes sense when you think about the possible sophomore slump and the lack of depth

If Davis returns to 80% of his former self and white is 80% of last year's play then I could see above average.

Star would be Jax obviously or the old legion of boom.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Football season has been my happiest season since I was 4. I’m crabby without football

The Bills may hurt my heart sometimes but they make me proud to call myself a Buffalonian and they always have

716- who are you kidding, you're always crabby.

Just kidding bud.  I actually like most of you're posts, even the one I may respectfully disagree.  Enjoy you're Sunday with the family.  Football will be here soon enough.

As far as the Bills, I'm still optimistic we will be better than all the talking heads at ESPN state.  After last year, people should remember these guys write us off every year.  Screw them.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

After the last 3 seasons if you compare it to when Rex came in with a new QB I’m actually feeling a bit better overall. 

The Oline has always been called questionable for a long time so to me it’s the sos.   

The defense should be better with who we retained and gained.  

Short answer

Optimistic.  

...why not?.....two solid back-to-back drafts (McBeane & his gang (1st year) and McD get A-).......guys returning from injury.....solid foundation and position (sure, "on paper" so far)....cleaned up the cap mess and have $85+ mil to spend in 2019, which McBeane will do wisely (not a "big splash guy" IMO).......beat the odds and the schneid to finish at an unanticipated 9-7 last year......despite all of the newness, changes, etc., why not be optimistic about .500 ball being attainable?....

• Like (+1) 1

I feel great. They are my favorite team in all of sports and join my myriad of reasons to wake up every day. Will they be good? I'm not a prognosticator, but I sure do love the look of this defence and am expecting the O to struggle unless the O-line far surpasses our expectations. The WR's can run routes and there's hope with some speed picked up in the draft,  the possible emergence of Reilly, Streater's return and the KB getting more time to gel and understand the complete offence. My expectations are 6-10, my hopes are 16-0 for the Senator

56 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

I feel like they will be worse this season than last, no playoff's.

If, by “worse”, we are talking about a slightly inferior record and no playoffs, I’m actually OK with that.... as long as we see progress on defense and encouraging signs regarding our shiny new QB and LB. Use FA and the draft next year to solidify both lines (especially offensive) and get some weapons. It’s a “P Word”. 

• Like (+1) 1