We should offer the Browns a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Corey Coleman

They have acquired Jarvis Landry and Jeff Janis. They still have Josh Gordon and drafted Callaway. Also with Njoku they don't seem to need Coleman. I would offer a 2nd or 3rd round pick in 2019 to bring him on board. He's the deep threat we need. What does everybody else think?

I think at this point a 2nd or a 3rd is a massive overpay.  The guy can't stay on the field.  If Callaway (and Gordon) stays clean and lives up the talent, I don't think Coleman is long for Cleveland, but I don't think they'll get anywhere near that level of compensation for him.

• Like (+1) 1

I am a heat miser when it comes to WR's. Unless you are talking about a Julio Jones or even an Eric Moulds. I think that is the one position where you can find solid talent without going broke.

1 minute ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Coleman is pretty good when healthy. I think he can be productive in the NFL. If the Bills traded a 4th or 5th I’d be ok with it.

His issues have been his health, and being on the Browns.

Pretty much where I am on it. He offers a skill set that we lack too.

I think Beane showed his thoughts on trading 2019 draft picks.

The truth is we were lucky to make the playoffs last year. There are teams who had down years who should have been better, and the AFC as a whole should be better/deeper this year. Oh, and we will be starting a rookie qb or a AJ Mcarron. Beane likely sees that there is a real potential we are a bad team this year. We would not get a good value on our 2019 picks as teams will contend that that pick should be in the 21 range (where we were this year), when in reality it might be much higher than that....

I imagine that they'd be open to trading him (if I remember right, there were rumors that he was being shopped earlier in the offseason). Someone from that team's WR corps is going to shake loose. I'm hoping it's Ricardo Louis; he at least has the size and speed that Buffalo could use and he seems like a potential cut candidate.

I'm kinda curious if Curtis Samuel is available. Panthers took him in the 2nd round last year but I remember reading earlier this offseason that people believe they've already moved on (which is obviously not a good sign, but beggars can't be choosers). Obviously Carolina and Buffalo have worked together in the past already.

1 hour ago, jr1 said:

I think Foster's going to surprise people

I’m already surprised people are talking about him? ?

also- I like the idea of trading for WR speed.  If we can get a 4.2-4.3 guy who can run down a long ball combined with a guy who can throw the ball 80 yards... good things could  happen.

kevin White worth a gamble? Bears seem ready to move on. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

I would be against anything that cost draft picks right now. I would feel different if the team wasn't rolling with a new OC and a new back up QB that's going to pretend to be a starter. 

Edited by Lfod

Coleman's old man is in prison for dealing cocaine so you'd think he'd want to be on the straight and narrow wrt apple/tree references........but reportedly Coleman and his bro and one of his hangers on beat down some personal trainer at an apartment complex in Cleveland..........sounds like a dude with more issues than McD would be interested in. 

2 hours ago, Dalton said:

Was he the WR Kizer hit in the hands on a potential game winning drive to end the winless season? 

Either way no to a 2nd or 3rd.  6th round at best.

Yes he was. 

19 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

We are not going to give up future draft capital.

Well he is young, fast, and good, but he's been hurt bad on the same hand twice.

Ironically here is his draft profile:

"He's a dynamic playmaker. Think Percy Harvin, that's the kind of playmaker that he is. He has a quick start and explosive speed. The only key for him is that he hasn't run a route tree. You will have to manufacture touches for him as he learns the route tree. He's special with the football in his hands." -- Mike Mayock

So just like Percy he can't stay on the field lol