Beane: "I have no intent to move up or down"

KDIGGZ

He actually says he isn't predetermined he has to do one thing at this stage and of course he has to say "I'm comfortable at 21 and 22" because if he says "I'm desperate to get into the top 5 or else we are screwed" he does the selling team's job for them.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Such a smokescreen.

He's already said that Rosen will be one of the 30 players the Bills will bring in for a visit.

Why waste that slot on a player who will be drafted top 5-10 if you aren't considering moving up

It also sounds like he was a little enthused with his answer about Rosen coming in.  "Oh yeah" sounds a little better than just "yes".

I’m not even sure it’s a smokescreen as it is a non-story. A smokescreen would be designed to deceive teams. Are there any teams out there that honestly think that the Bills wouldn’t like one of the top QBs? Of course not, it doesn’t matter what he says. 

10 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Mike Rodent reports that Beane has no intention of trading up and will pick at 21 and 22.  This better be a smoke screen or I'm done with this team

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/31327/bills-still-in-quarterback-purgatory-could-punt-big-changes-to-2019

does anyone really believe he would tell anyone he was not going to move up? stock piling picks, with two firsts would make one assume/speculate he had some serious plans to use them. 

waiting for a QB to drop in their lap does not seem like an aggressive move, something beane has been since coming aboard, pretty aggressive.

They arent spending tons of time with guys like Rosen, Mayfield, and Darnold if their intent is to stay at 21.  My mind would be blown if they dont trade up.   Guys like Beane and McDermott, who are intentional about everything they do, have to know they will be out the door in three years if they don't fix the QB situation as soon as possible.  Waiting until next year would be a horrible choice. 

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not even sure it’s a smokescreen as it is a non-story. A smokescreen would be designed to deceive teams. Are there any teams out there that honestly think that the Bills wouldn’t like one of the top QBs? Of course not, it doesn’t matter what he says. 

Essentially verbatim what I was about to type before seeing your post 

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

They arent spending tons of time with guys like Rosen, Mayfield, and Darnold if their intent is to stay at 21.  My mind would be blown if they dont trade up.   Guys like Beane and McDermott, who are intentional about everything they do, have to know they will be out the door in three years if they don't fix the QB situation as soon as possible.  Waiting until next year would be a horrible choice. 

Your mind would be blown?? It’s definitely a real possibility....

Asking a GM what his intentions are before the draft is like asking an offensive coordinator to take a look at the playbook before the Super Bowl.

Why do they pay people to write this crap?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

Essentially verbatim what I was about to type before seeing your post 

I was thinking about it earlier and it would probably be more effective if he took the exact opposite approach. “We really like Josh Rosen and are going to do everything that we can to go up and get him.” Then try to quietly cut a deal to do exactly that. He should be a double secret agent.

Just now, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Your mind would be blown?? It’s definitely a real possibility....

Yes, my mind would be blown.  I have spent the entire last year of my life thinking they got that extra first to try and move up for someone in this years draft.  Given the manner in which these guys work I have every expectation that they are always way ahead in their thought process. 

25 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Mike Rodent reports that Beane has no intention of trading up and will pick at 21 and 22.  This better be a smoke screen or I'm done with this team

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/31327/bills-still-in-quarterback-purgatory-could-punt-big-changes-to-2019

Maybe Beane has a target in free agency, I'm hoping it's Sam Bradford and be okay with Mason Rudolph developing behind him. 

10 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

What I take from this is, he isn't going to trade the farm to Indy or the Giants, but I think if a top 3 QB falls to 10, I have a hard time believing he doesn't move up. If Darnold is there at 10 I'm going to break my TV if we don't go up.

If I recall, the 2 #1 picks get them to the 7 range.  So if one of the too 4 falls, they can move up and keep the rest their draft picks.

• Like (+1) 1

Brandon Beane needs to follow in the footsteps of the great Buddy Nix.

First, cut every veteran Quarterback on the roster and leave yourself with nothing. 

Second, convey absolute desperation at every opportunity to say how bad you need to draft a 1st Round Quarterback before retiring.

Third, overdraft your prospect out of the worst QB class in decades.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

"Done with this team?" Yeah, Ok.  

First, why would BB ever tell anyone what he plans to do? 

Two, IF the Bills don't move, it's likely because no team wanted to trade OR the price was too high. 

Three, you clearly have player(s) you want.  What are you willing to give up?  For me, there isn't a player that it's worth mortgaging a truck load of picks.  

34 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Why would you be done with this team... What if the rumors are true and Philly does accept our 2nd round pick for Foles. Then we can use both 21 and 22 to build around Foles. You have to wait and see how everything plays out... You can't go into a draft with a set mind. You have to be prepared to adjust plan based off free agency, trades, how players are coming off the board, and you have to be prepared incase you can't find a trade partner. So we currently have 21 and 22 so we have to prepare for the draft for that unless something changes.

• Like (+1) 1

Or maybe the Bills feel equally comfortable with a few of the 2nd teir options that not many are not paying attention 2 and wil be available..

Just because the "draft Experts" and "Mock Drafts" tell us whom the top 6 QB's should be it doesn't mean that the the Bills don't have comparable grades on a few of the under discussed options.  If the grades are close do you trade the farm to move up ?????? 

Just because the "draft Experts" and "Mock Drafts" think that 4 or more QB's wil be drafted early doesn't mean that in reality there will be only 2 and some major free fallers.

99.9% of the time  "draft Experts" and "Mock Drafts"  are wrong and off base, and reading into comments made now realy has no fruit..  So much non sense half truths and out right lies...

40 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Well, if the rumors is true that Jackson is the number 2 QB on their board and they feel he we be there at 21... what would he trade up?

Just like everyone else I have my own personal preference on who I think the Bills should take. But all I really want is for them to identify their guy and get him. If it's at 2 with Rosen, cool. 21 with Jackson? Splendid. Truth of the matter is Beane and McDermott have a lot more riding on it the we as fans do. Personally I do not want Mason Rudolph. Not in the first or second. Not in the 3rd. Not at all. However, if he's picked...I will become a huge supporter of his. I just want them to have a plan, execute it and we will see what happens.

9 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Why would you be done with this team... What if the rumors are true and Philly does accept our 2nd round pick for Foles. Then we can use both 21 and 22 to build around Foles. You have to wait and see how everything plays out... You can't go into a draft with a set mind. You have to be prepared to adjust plan based off free agency, trades, how players are coming off the board, and you have to be prepared incase you can't find a trade partner. So we currently have 21 and 22 so we have to prepare for the draft for that unless something changes.

I think once the Browns take Barkley #1, the Giants and Colts phones start ringing off the hook.  I'm pretty confident the Bills would be one of those teams calling.

17 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Yes, my mind would be blown.  I have spent the entire last year of my life thinking they got that extra first to try and move up for someone in this years draft.  Given the manner in which these guys work I have every expectation that they are always way ahead in their thought process. 

May want to adjust your expectations. There is a better chance the Bills will not find a trading partner.  Look at it from the other team's perspective, why would they trade with the Bills? What we would demand? 

Just now, Max Fischer said:

May want to adjust your expectations. There is a better chance the Bills will not find a trading partner.  Look at it from the other team's perspective, why would they trade with the Bills? What we would demand? 

There is a price for everything.

It would just depend how much Beane is willing to give up 

I hope he keeps to his word. This team has a lot more pressing issues than moving up for an untested QB. We have the ability to load this team with outstanding players for years to come if we stay put and pick wisely.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1