Beane: "I have no intent to move up or down"

KDIGGZ

53 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Mike Rodent reports that Beane has no intention of trading up and will pick at 21 and 22.  This better be a smoke screen or I'm done with this team

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/31327/bills-still-in-quarterback-purgatory-could-punt-big-changes-to-2019

Then leave now.  I am so damned sick and tired of people threatening this, as if anyone else around here gives a damn.

Beane will do what he thinks is best for the team.  That's his job.  And none of us here have anywhere near the knowledge he has about the QB crop in this year's draft.

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

There is zero chance any gm in the NFL is going to come out and tell anyone what his draft strategy is.  That would just be plain stupid and drive the price up on a trade up.

You are absolutely correct.  Some people have no clue as to running an NFL team.

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Then leave now.  I am so damned sick and tired of people threatening this, as if anyone else around here gives a damn.

Beane will do what he thinks is best for the team.  That's his job.  And none of us here have anywhere near the knowledge he has about the QB crop in this year's draft.

I am so damned sick and tired of people threatening this

as if anyone else around here gives a damn.

you seem to give a damn?

you really shouldn't take it so seriously, like personal. at the end of the day, what any fan does or doesn't do has zero affect on you in a personal manner, now does it?

that said, I do agree with your last sentence.

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

And most of us do not have a realistic idea as to what the cost will be to move up into the top 4.  Three firsts and three seconds from where the Bills sit in the order would be my guess with maybe some fine tuning and sweetening.  In the end if a trade was proposed and was rejected we may never learn the details of it.  

1 hour ago, Zebrastripes said:

There is zero chance any gm in the NFL is going to come out and tell anyone what his draft strategy is.  That would just be plain stupid and drive the price up on a trade up.

Exactly...in fact if anything they will tell you MISINFORMATION hoping other teams will believe it(aka Buddy Nix starting a rumor Cordy Glenn was a guard not tackle in the NFL)

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

Mike Rodent reports that Beane has no intention of trading up and will pick at 21 and 22.  This better be a smoke screen or I'm done with this team

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/31327/bills-still-in-quarterback-purgatory-could-punt-big-changes-to-2019

And when they sit tight at 21 and 22 and still get a franchise quarterback and another ten year starter, maybe we won't have to read anymore I'm done with this team threads. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Fan boy '92 said:

And when they sit tight at 21 and 22 and still get a franchise quarterback and another ten year starter, maybe we won't have to read anymore I'm done with this team threads. 

At 21 and 22 they will get a backup quality qb and a player that will be traded away when the next regime comes in.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I would say that 100% of us here have no clue how to run a NFL team....

I don't know.  I think there are some pretty intelligent people here.  if this is like the old BBMB I would suspect there are a few former NFL people on here including former Bills employees.  I would readily concede if I got the GM's job today I would have a heck of a lot to learn about doing it.

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

At 21 and 22 they will get a backup quality qb and a player that will be traded away when the next regime comes in.

We don't know what they will get and maybe for a change we have an OC who knows how to utilize a player's strength.

2 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I don't know.  I think there are some pretty intelligent people here.  if this is like the old BBMB I would suspect there are a few former NFL people on here including former Bills employees.  I would readily concede if I got the GM's job today I would have a heck of a lot to learn about doing it.

The intelligent ones are the ones that know they have no clue about running a franchise.  Unless they are or were. 

47 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

They arent spending tons of time with guys like Rosen, Mayfield, and Darnold if their intent is to stay at 21.  My mind would be blown if they dont trade up.   Guys like Beane and McDermott, who are intentional about everything they do, have to know they will be out the door in three years if they don't fix the QB situation as soon as possible.  Waiting until next year would be a horrible choice. 

Maybe they met them and looked at the film and decided they are not worth moving up for. So far this class of QBs is deep but has no no-brainer top tier talent. Would it really be that shocking to see a few of those guys drop? If  Keenum goes to Denver, and Miami decides to wait to select Tannehill's successor, Cardinals find a vet (wouldn't be surprised if its Tyrod) all of a sudden two of the top 5 QBs in the draft probably drop to the Bills and get drafted where they actually belong. With the number of holes on this team and a cap space crunch it's hard to justify giving up what it would take to move up in this draft. 

11 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

And most of us do not have a realistic idea as to what the cost will be to move up into the top 4.  Three firsts and three seconds from where the Bills sit in the order would be my guess with maybe some fine tuning and sweetening.  In the end if a trade was proposed and was rejected we may never learn the details of it.  

It is a bad guess. 

Tomorrow it will be 'I intend to trade down'

Friday 'sources' will link Buffalo to Baker Mayfield

Saturday 'sources' will link Buffalo back to Nick Foles

Sunday 'sources' will state Buffalo is all in for Josh Allen

This is a fun but also exhausting process for die hard fans.

Like A-Rod once said:

R-E-L-A-X

It's March 7th. SO many variables can change between now and draft day. Just look at this time as pure speculation.

As for me, I'm focused on the UFA period. Draft speculation IMO can ONLY REALLY start after the UFA period passes.

It will provide more clarity on who needs a QB or not.

9 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Mason Rudolph may end up being the best quarterback in this draft.  WR James Washington can make sure of that at 22. Vita Vea may be your new Ted Washington. Sit tight, son.

2 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Is that what the Seahawks/Raiders did?

Did you know Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round? Also did you know that 33 people are killed by being struck by lightning every year in the US?

20 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Anybody can sit here and be an “armchair” GM. It seems pretty easy on Madden. But I’m willing to bet it’s not as easy as it seems

9 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Did you know Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round? Also did you know that 33 people are killed by being struck by lightning every year in the US?

No one said round 6. Most franchise quarterbacks in the league were not top 5 or even top 10 picks. Carr was a second. Seattle did ok. Alex Smith got picked first while Aaron Rodgers slid to 24. How did that work out?

Edited by Fan boy '92

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....he sure got some nylons knotted up in a hurry around here, didn't he?.......

I don't know why people think that because they come on here and have a fit that our FO cares about them having a fit.  Our front office is paid to do their job to the best of their ability.  They are not required to share any proprietary information as to how they feel about prospects or trades.  They are not obligated to make decisions based on the whims expressed here.

30 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

You are angry about this, but not nearly as angry as you are about Ben Affleck continuing to get acting jobs.

ya know...i just can't get into ben affleck either.  not that he's a bad actor, but i'm very meh towards him.

29 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I was going to insert a property tax joke here but I feel like that's been played out.  That was so 2017.

as long as i continue to live in the grossness of this state, i think those jokes still count.  you just have to find a way to liven them up.  

Just now, RochesterRob said:

I don't know why people think that because they come on here and have a fit that our FO cares about them having a fit.  Our front office is paid to do their job to the best of their ability.  They are not required to share any proprietary information as to how they feel about prospects or trades.  They are not obligated to make decisions based on the whims expressed here.

......exactly.......and sad......the "if......then I'm so done with this team" yips are nauseating as hell........probably one of the best FO/Admin gangs since Polian era......McBeane has a formidable staff comprised of major personnel execs from around the NFL all on Pegula's nickel.....and this is their first draft together and not ONE was hired from TBD...hmmm....interesting...............

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

......exactly.......and sad......the "if......then I'm so done with this team" yips are nauseating as hell........probably one of the best FO/Admin gangs since Polian era......McBeane has a formidable staff comprised of major personnel execs from around the NFL all on Pegula's nickel.....and this is their first draft together and not ONE was hired from TBD...hmmm....interesting...............

I can find people saying the same thing about Whaley, Nix, Levy, etc. None of which got a franchise QB either. Too scared