[POLL] Are you going to watch the Super Bowl?

You gonna watch?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Will you actually watch the Super Bowl?

• Yes, I always do regardless of who is in it
    • Yes, I am a Patriots* fan
    • Yes, I am an Eagles fan
    • Yes, for the commercials
    • Yes, for the half-time show
    • Kinda - going to a party where it will be on
    • I dunno. Maybe.
    • NFW!

like the college football championship ill keep an eye on it but i'm not too engaged unless something happens that interests me.  in the college game they brought in a QB that could actually throw the ball so it made it somewhat interesting.  in this game the only thing that could interest me is Tom Brady getting hit so hard he breaks in half and they have to cart him off the field on a stretcher.  i don't think the Iggles have a chance otherwise.

Sure why not. I see ppl claiming they won't tune in because NE made another SB. Sorry to say, they deserved that game. I hate them as much as the next man. But their defense and offense outplayed the young Jags when it mattered.

Jax was 6/10 on 3rd down going into the 4th qtr . 0 for in the 4th, giving up 14 points, I saw ONE questionable call by refs that I actually agreed with, so I think this should be re assessed in a week or so when people cool down and are not in their emotions so much. NE deserved the W if I'm being real.

Will Justin Timberlake only do his SNL songs with Andy Samberg?  He's got at least three, maybe four that he could roll out.  Arguably his best work.  ;)

Don't thank me NFL for boosting your halftime show ratings with my idea.  

• Like (+1) 2

I saw referees acting as Patriot cheerleaders.  I saw holding by the Pats.  I saw Chung holding onto a WR shirt near the end of the game that wound up with a 3 and out.  I didn't see pass interference that the refs did.

I think  the NFL WANTS their TV ratings for the SB and WANTS the pats in it, because of the resentment about the disrespecting the star spangeled banner.  NOPE. not watching

One penalty on the Pats?  

• Like (+1) 1

This is the first time in my life I have zero interest in watching (29 years old). I am beyond sick of NE its just boring now and I hate Philly even more so either is a lose-lose and I am straight bored with the matchup. If Wentz played I'd care but he isnt. In the end I want Pats to win 50-0 because I hate Philly and it will piss Steeler fans off that the Pats tie them in SB wins. In no way do I come out with any win so its the enemy of my enemy is my friend at this point.

I probably will play video games or watch a movie.

Had the Vikings or even Jags made it, my interest would've skyrocketed and we'd have a party.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Anybody who says they’re not watching the Super Bowl is lying. Unless they physically can’t watch it because of work or something 

I put in to work the double because I knew the Patriots would be in it. If the Bills were in it I wouldn't have taken the shift or called in sick. I should take that 600$ and put it on the Patriots and the over because I think they are going to run up the score and give America the bird.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

Just now, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Anybody who says they’re not watching the Super Bowl is lying

I've missed plenty of super bowls in the past.  If I don't like the teams, I don't watch.  Last year, I made an exception of not watching Pats/refs vs. NFC team because I live in Atlanta.  I learned my lesson.  No interest in sitting through endless commercials (though often better than the game) and some pop-star strutting for forty-five minutes in order to watch two teams I dislike.  Too bad they can't both lose.

7 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Anybody who says they’re not watching the Super Bowl is lying

I've skipped championship games many of times across all sports including the Stanley Cup where hockey is my favorite sport. If I think it sucks the way Bama Georgia was boring and I didn't watch a second then I won't.

Edited by corta765

I’ll watch it.  If it was Marrone and Hackett in the SB I wouldn’t.  I’m happy the Pats are in the SB and Moron is sitting at home with us.  55 secs left in the 1st half.  1st 10 3 time-outs. Moron does what he does.  Runs the clock out.  I was shocked when he went for it on 4th and got the TD.  Then after that, he was who we thought he was.  Gutless

I always watch the Super Bowl. With that being said it may change this year. I put myself in the kind of category. I will be at a party with a bunch of Bills fans in New Orleans. We will be boiling crawfish, playing cornhole and drinking beer. It will be on inside and outside but I’m not going to be glued to the TV.  The better that I throw the bags, the more money I will make and the less I will have to watch that stupid game. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’ll watch it.  If it was Marrone and Hackett in the SB I wouldn’t.  I’m happy the Pats are in the SB and Moron is sitting at home with us.  55 secs left in the 1st half.  1st 10 3 time-outs. Moron does what he does.  Runs the clock out.  I was shocked when he went for it on 4th and got the TD.  Then after that, he was who we thought he was.  Gutless

I disliked the idea of Marrone in the SB also.  But....(1) I hate the Pats***, and (2) Gilmore is now in the superbowl.   

9 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I put in to work the double because I knew the Patriots would be in it. If the Bills were in it I wouldn't have taken the shift or called in sick. I should take that 600$ and put it on the Patriots and the over because I think they are going to run up the score and give America the bird.

Had to comment - as a business owner, I really hate staff that call in sick when they are not sick. Really crappy thing to do.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I always watch the Super Bowl. With that being said it may change this year. I put myself in the kind of category. I will be at a party with a bunch of Bills fans in New Orleans. We will be boiling crawfish, playing cornhole and drinking beer. It will be on inside and outside but I’m not going to be glued to the TV.  The better that I throw the bags, the more money I will make and the less I will have to watch that stupid game. 

I wish you the best of luck.  $$ in your pocket is better than watching the Pats**

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

I wish you the best of luck.  $$ in your pocket is better than watching the Pats**

I’ll be practicing!! I used to whoop the guys that I’ll be playing with but got destroyed during the divisional round. We’d throw a few rounds, I’d Venmo someone money, wash, rinse and repeat. I’m a little nervous. I’m just hoping that I am playing late in the 4th because I can’t stomach the end of the game.

Yes, but I can't think of a Super Bowl I was less interested in.  I am honestly not looking forward to it and dreading having to watch the Pats hoist the Lombardi Trophy again.

I will hope against hope that the Eagles win. And if they do I will be over-joyed.

it's the last game of the year, so i always watch.  there's much less interested than in the past because we're all at a point where it's hard to have the big superbowl parties, but i like the fanfare around the game.

Just now, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I voted for the commercials for this year.

Said it before: I've seen this movie and know how it ends.

But I'd go to the theater to see the movie again if I knew there were going to be some cool trailers before it. 

I'm having some one DVR just the commercials.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'm more likely to have the Puppy Bowl on all day. Cant stand to watch another SB with the Pats in it. Boring and lame. This league sucks.

Yes. The league is destroying itself. I'm fine with that in light of recent events

I unfollowed them on IG and FB because it was Patriots garbage 24/7 mixed with Gronk and Sacksonville.  Damn Eagles or Vikes got no love

I also thought the Vikings had a better chance against NE, but that was because everyone kept telling me how amazing the Vikings defense was.

If Foles shredded them like that Brady would have too. Let's be honest: Vikings were in that game due to a complete fluke play. Keenum was never going to keep up with Brady. Foles might be able to. No matter how good the defense, NE will get 24-30 points by the end of the game. You need points as well. IF Jacksonville goes on a 4-5 minute drive and scores 7 to go up 27-10 that game ends differently. Instead, they kept punting the ball back and giving Brady chance after chance. Eventually he will make you pay.

The Eagles are for real. That defense is nasty and full of veterans (unlike the Jaguars who are full of mouthy, emotional young players) and unlike the Jaguars the Eagles have a very good offense that can throw and run. I give the Eagles a 10% shot of winning this thing.

37 minutes ago, corta765 said:

I've skipped championship games many of times across all sports including the Stanley Cup where hockey is my favorite sport. If I think it sucks the way Bama Georgia was boring and I didn't watch a second then I won't.

hockey?  horrible dismal interest by fans unless their team is playing.  I haven't bothered with a SCF since 1993 or so.

same with Baseball unless your team or the Yankees are playing.

so you get a college football playoff and they give you 4 southern teams that are basically all identical and you don't bother learning player names anymore because it don't matter.... yay.....

• Like (+1) 1