[POLL] Are you going to watch the Super Bowl?

You gonna watch?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Will you actually watch the Super Bowl?

• Yes, I always do regardless of who is in it
    • Yes, I am a Patriots* fan
    • Yes, I am an Eagles fan
    • Yes, for the commercials
    • Yes, for the half-time show
    • Kinda - going to a party where it will be on
    • I dunno. Maybe.
    • NFW!

it's hard to tell people why the SB is actually one of the worst weeks of the NFL season for football addicts to watch

most of them were disasters until the late 1990s

you can't really gamble on the single game played that day

the fake interest by people who insist that everyone watch the game at church or someone's house makes it more grinding

I've watched every one...until last year.  I tuned out.  No way in hell am I going to watch a program geared for the "Dancing with the Stars" crowd.   I am a football purist, not a media event type.  The SB is a complete farce as the game itself is secondary.

48 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Anybody who says they’re not watching the Super Bowl is lying. Unless they physically can’t watch it because of work or something 

I won't watch it. Didn't watch one play of the AFC title game yesterday, for the first time in I can't even remember how long. Decades for sure. Personally, I'll be in the Caribbean  and will not be going out of my way to be near a TV. Saying that anyone who claims they won't watch because it's the Pats is lying is well, ridiculous. The hatred runs deep. Don't underestimate it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Nope.  Skipping SB party - told my wife she can go on her own.  I'll tape it and watch it afterwards if Cheaters lose - otherwise will delete it.  F them

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I disliked the idea of Marrone in the SB also.  But....(1) I hate the Pats***, and (2) Gilmore is now in the superbowl.   

I hear ya, but Marrone is my #1 hate.  Brady and Belichick didn’t give up on our city, our team and us.  #1 ####bag in the nfl on list

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I hear ya, but Marrone is my #1 hate.  Brady and Belichick didn’t give up on our city, our team and us.  #1 ####bag in the nfl on list

I loathe both of them.  For personal reasons, I also hate Philly.  Vikings were the only team I liked, so naturally they got slaughtered.  Only good thing about Pats* winning yesterday was Marrone losing.  Schadenfreude is an ugly emotion, but that fella deserves it.

Nope. I've seen the movie before and I hated the ending; no need to watch it again. When the replay official overturned the Steelers' TD in the pats game, with no conclusive evidence, I knew that NE would go on to win the SB. The league wants a storybook dynasty to boost its ratings. I've outgrown fairy tales.

Last SB I thoroughly enjoyed the first half, but as I watched the Falcons sideline celebrating and the fans chanting "Na na na na, hey hey, goodbye" - BEFORE HALFTIME - I knew the Falcons would find a way to choke. Given that, I wouldn't enjoy watching the game, so I'll skip it and hope that I'm pleasantly surprised when I read the final score later that evening. This will be the first SB I've missed in a loooooong time. (So long that I can't remember the last time.)

I haven't watched the Pro Bowl since they moved it to the week before the SB, but I may watch it this year, if only for the fact that no pats will be playing.

• Like (+1) 1

IF there is a blowout it will be the Eagles blowing out the Patriots.

Who saw the Falcons going up 28-3? That Falcons D was middle of the pack and everyone thought they would get blown out by NE.

Eagles D is for real. Lots of veteran players (unlike Jax) who are not going to panic when crunch time comes. Offense is loaded too, unlike Jax.

Eagles are basically Jax with one of the top offenses in the NFL. If Jax had that they would have won yesterday by 10+ points.

12 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I say I won’t.

But I’m a kitty so I know I will.

I’ve never been less excited about a Super Bowl than this one though.

finally an honest answer for those who aren't watching it regardless

3 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Watch Tommy Brady and the New England Cheats raise another Vince Lombardi Trophy? Hell No, I will go see a movie instead.

Eagles are going to win.

If you saw yesterday and said "man, imagine if Jacksonville had a real offense..."

Well, The Eagles are Jacksonville with one of the top offenses in the NFL AND a great head coach. And just as much chip on their shoulders, only with more veteran players.

1 hour ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Well, are ya?

The first one in the past 27 years that I am thinking of not watching. The officiating in yesterday's game further intensified my Pat's**hate. I can't believe the officials will ever allow a 40 year Brady to lose the Superbowl. 

Edited by Fan in Chicago

3 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

The first one in the past 27 years that I am thinking of not watching. The officiating in yesterday's game further intensified my Pat's**hate. I can't believe the officials will ever allow a 40 year Brady to lose the Superbowl. 

It won't matter. Eagles are going to move the ball and score a lot of points. They are red hot right now and have been the top team in the NFL all season.

5 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Eagles are going to win.

If you saw yesterday and said "man, imagine if Jacksonville had a real offense..."

Well, The Eagles are Jacksonville with one of the top offenses in the NFL AND a great head coach. And just as much chip on their shoulders, only with more veteran players.

The nfl has you right where they want. “They have a chance!! Let me watch!” 

IMO.,this game ends one of 2 ways:

Close NE win

10+ point Philly win

This could look a lot like week 1 NE vs KC. You get up on NE and you just keep getting first downs, grinding clock, and SCORING at the end.

Eagles are a top offense AND top defense with a great HC, great assistants and a ton of veterans. Jaguars almost won in NE with 1/2 a football team.

24 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Eagles are going to win.

Foles played a one gamer, There is "ZERO" chance he plays another game like he did yesterday. Patriots blow out.

18 minutes ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

If you love a game enough to spend time talking on your favorite team's board BUT won't watch the championship of said game...congrats. You win the golden prize.

Where do I claim my prize?

35 minutes ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

If you love a game enough to spend time talking on your favorite team's board BUT won't watch the championship of said game...congrats. You win the golden prize.

Well that's me. That team and what goes on in the NFL around them ( officiating and all that) makes me hate the game I love the most. It's a conflicted emotion buts that's how it is. If I see that they lost, I'll watch it on replay at a later time and enjoy it thoroughly. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ndirish1978 said:

Surprised at the high number of people who won't watch. It's the last football game you'll get to see for MONTHS. 

Although it comes before it, I'm much more excited for the Senior Bowl than the Super Bowl. 

Of course I'll watch the Super Bowl, but given how likely it is that the Patriots* will win after coming back in the 2nd half, I do prefer the commercials to the actual game at this point. 

I watch the Super Bowl every year unless I am working. I am going to on vacation in Orlando but I am still going to watch it. I am not a Pats fan but I am cheering for them to win it again. I like watching teams dominate their sport. I honestly thing parity is the worst thing that can happen to sports. Part of the reason ratings are down this year is that of the final 4 teams only one had a great QB. Most casual fans want to see the best teams go at it. 

I just want to add, I have never seen a fan base so bitter then the Bills one. They finally make the playoffs after 17  years and a lot of you are still mad at the world. No wonder a lot of you drink so much during tailgating.

Yes of course; I like football.

I am one of the few (I think) who actually just wants to see a football game. I have no interest in pre-game crap, halftime crap, or the commercials, all of which can be seen after the game in a few minutes on a single nicely collected youtube video anyway.

If the game turns into a NE blowout, I will shut it off.

1 hour ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

I honeslty don't understand this thought. Is it not ok to not feel obligated to watch the game.

I love the Bills and watching them play etc... But without the bills there is no emotional involvement for me.. Some of the reasoning  has to do with the fact I moved away form Buffalo and all my friends and family still live there. Here i have co workers but do to travel logistics and the fact i get up at 3am every day to get ready and go to work....it makes it impossible to attend a superbowl party.... where I would be more interested in commercials beer food and conversation than the actual game anyway.

I always said if Bills left Buffalo I would probably never watch another footbal game.. Just the way I am