A Bills Fan Dilemma - Which Hated Team Do You Support: Patriots or Jaguars?

BuffaloRush

Who Do You Want To Win The 2017 AFC Championship  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Want To Win The 2017 AFC Championship

• New England Patriots
    • Jacksonville Jaguars

A wise man once said "the enemy of my enemy is my friend."  During next week's AFC Championship, Bills fans will be watching two "enemies" to the franchise.  This can be bad considering the fact that one team we hate will move on to the Super Bowl.  The good news is that one of the teams we hate will suffer a loss and miss out on the Super Bowl.  Either way - it's a win-win for Bills fans...or a lose-lose.  

Question is - who do you want to win next week the Patriots or Jags?

Jacksonville is starting to become one of the teams that I dislike the most.  I'm not the biggest fan of Doug Marrone and while their defense is solid, I don't think they are a great team.   If Pittsburgh plays defense yesterday, they probably are onto the Foxboro.  And if the Bills had a QB, Jacksonville never gets a shot to play for the Super Bowl.  I also am starting to dislike their fan base - as they are becoming as boastful and annoying as well...Patriot fans.  The difference, is that New England has actually won 5 Super Bowls and Jacksonville has nothing.

The Patriots are the Patriots.  I don't want them to win another Super Bowl and have something more to brag about.  I can't stand that franchise, the arrogant fan base, or the douchie journalists like Dan Shaunessy.  

So who do I want to win?  Call me crazy but I am pulling for New England to destroy Jacksonville and put up 40 points on the "best" defense in the NFL (who by the way gave up nearly 50 points to Big Ben and The Steelers).  I know...I know...cheering for New England.  But who cares?  I think their legacy is already written.  Winning another Super Bowl won't do anything either way.  I want to see Jacksonville get destroyed and watch those trash talking crying in the locker room.  Go Patriots!    

Edited by BuffaloRush

Brady is the best and has been such a treat to watch all these seasons, so to see that level of excellence continue would be nice.

however, I do find myself enjoying watching Blake Bortles continued journey toward the Super Bowl in the face of the football world telling him plainly that he is “garbage”.

and besides...a Foles/Bortles SB is really the only way this awful NFL season should end.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Brady is the best and has been such a treat to watch all these seasons, so to see that level of excellence continue would be nice.

however, I do find myself enjoying watching Blake Bortles continued journey toward the Super Bowl in the face of the football world telling him plainly that he is “garbage”.

and besides...a Foles/Bortles SB is really the only way this awful NFL season should end.

say wha?

7 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

I disagree...I want to see Jackonville get destroyed.  I want to see Doug field questions about losing and to see Jalen Ramsey cry

I hate seeing ex-Bills - especially ones who left the team on terms like Doug Marrone did - have playoff success with other teams. Hate it.

But cmon, it’s the PATRIOTS.

It's always Anybody But the Patriots.  The AFC is pathetic.  Patriots in seven straight AFC Championship games.  

I want a Doug Marrone/Jim Schwartz defensive chess match for the Super Bowl.  You throw in two limited quarterbacks and you've got a very evenly matched game.  

Watching the Pats is boring...more of the same.  I won't watch football again except for non Pats games.  How many times do I want to see the Pats again.....only if the bills play them.  I recall the Bills experienced the same national reaction the fourth time in a row they went to the Super Bowl.

23 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Haha.  Come on.  From an execution standpoint if you are a fan of the sport it’s a marvel to watch.

oh absolutely.  we've just been on the receiving end on that so many times that my backside is sore.

6 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Belichick probably has made his mind up to leave.

that would be spectacular, but i just can't get my hopes up.

• Haha (+1) 1

I can hate the Jaguars over a coach that left the Bills or I can hate the team who is almost guaranteed to deal the Bills two losses and be top of the division for years while being scandalous with cheating. Easy choice for me. The Patriots rain on my parade more then the Jaguars ever could.

• Like (+1) 1

I would easily go for Jacksoville.   I am not a Marrone fan but anyone takes precedence over New England unless its a scenario that directly effects buffalo in a playoff hunt. 

Its not even about not liking a division rival for me.   New England is the Epitome of what I dislike about the current NFL.   I dislike the brown nosing from the announcers, I hate the fact that ref calls often give them a 7 to 10 point cushion against opponents(in my opinion, when you factor the officiating in most Pats games, a team has to play good enough to beat New England by 10 instead of 1 to actually get the win).   I dislike the creative new arbitrary interpretations of rules that tend to come up at least one or twice a year which happen to give New England an advantage at a key time.   I  cant stand the personalities of Brady, Bellicheck and Gronk.  I dislike the extreme arrogance of Pats fans, many of which were casual fans or fans of different teams before 2001.

I find it very hard to even watch a game with New England in it now.   Them losing would make in much easier for me to enjoy the Super Bowl.

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

Jaguars by a landslide

Agreed! I'm not a Jaguars fan by any stretch of the imagination but I just F$*K!&g hate Tom Brady and the Patriots. I hope they lose and lose bad . Then on the way to their locker room Tom Brady falls down the stairs and gets compound fractures to both his legs knocking down Bellicheat causing him to hit his head and get amnesia so he forgets that he ever won any Superbowl's.