A Bills Fan Dilemma - Which Hated Team Do You Support: Patriots or Jaguars?

BuffaloRush

Who Do You Want To Win The 2017 AFC Championship  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Want To Win The 2017 AFC Championship

• New England Patriots
    • Jacksonville Jaguars

1 hour ago, BuffaloRush said:

A wise man once said "the enemy of my enemy is my friend."  During next week's AFC Championship, Bills fans will be watching two "enemies" to the franchise.  This can be bad considering the fact that one team we hate will move on to the Super Bowl.  The good news is that one of the teams we hate will suffer a loss and miss out on the Super Bowl.  Either way - it's a win-win for Bills fans...or a lose-lose.  

Question is - who do you want to win next week the Patriots or Jags?

Jacksonville is starting to become one of the teams that I dislike the most.  I'm not the biggest fan of Doug Marrone and while their defense is solid, I don't think they are a great team.   If Pittsburgh plays defense yesterday, they probably are onto the Foxboro.  And if the Bills had a QB, Jacksonville never gets a shot to play for the Super Bowl.  I also am starting to dislike their fan base - as they are becoming as boastful and annoying as well...Patriot fans.  The difference, is that New England has actually won 5 Super Bowls and Jacksonville has nothing.

The Patriots are the Patriots.  I don't want them to win another Super Bowl and have something more to brag about.  I can't stand that franchise, the arrogant fan base, or the douchie journalists like Dan Shaunessy.  

So who do I want to win?  Call me crazy but I am pulling for New England to destroy Jacksonville and put up 40 points on the "best" defense in the NFL (who by the way gave up nearly 50 points to Big Ben and The Steelers).  I know...I know...cheering for New England.  But who cares?  I think their legacy is already written.  Winning another Super Bowl won't do anything either way.  I want to see Jacksonville get destroyed and watch those trash talking crying in the locker room.  Go Patriots!    

Well, just because you hate the Jags doesn't mean all Bills fans do.  I certainly don't.  In fact, along with KC and Pitt, they're among my most liked AFC teams.   I don't hold them beating the Bills last week against them; it was a decent game, and their D was better than ours.   I certainly don't hold them having Marrone and Dareus against them ... if watching ex-Bills have success in the post-season bothers you, that's your problem not mine.  I DO hate NE, however, so it's Jags all the way.

The truth is that the Jags are built just the way I would like to see the Bills built: tough, mean defense, excellent running game, and competent QB.  It seems to me that they have the best shot to beat NE of any AFC team simply because they have the nasty D to get after Brady with their regular pass rushers as well as the DBs and LBs to take care of NE's receivers.  They also have Tom Coughlin, the man who beat NE twice in the SB with similarly built teams, as their "guru".  Go Jags!  :thumbsup:

It makes the Bills look better if the Jaguars do well, honestly. Then it makes our loss to them look not as bad.

We held them to 10 points, and they just put up 40+ on a perceived super bowl contender in the Steelers.

You're calling this a dilemma? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Why would we as Bills fans hate the Jaguars? Because we lost to them in the playoffs? Because of Marrone? Please.

None of that compares to the dynasty of tainted championships by the Cheaters. The arrogance of Bellicheat, or the biggest crybaby in the history of the NFL, or the biggest B word of them all Cowboy Bob Orton Gronkowski.

Yes, I am sure this is a real dilemma for Bills fans.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'm torn on this, actually.

I'm leaning toward rooting for the Patriots to get to the Super Bowl, then lose.  Patriots are the better team and I always want the best teams in the Super Bowl.

• Like (+1) 1

Every time I root AGAINST the Patsies they win, so I am going to be contrarian and start rooting FOR them! Now, any suggestions as to how to put my heart into that? Is there anything or anyone at all that's good with that organization??? Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Neither.  I’m rooting for whoever the NFC representative in the Super Bowl is.  Once the Bills are out, not tied to the AFC.

Can’t stomach the patsies, and hate dougie.  Although, if Jags get in, would feel better about our losing to them.

Have to say, rooting for the Vikings.  Something likeable about the team, and rooting for the underdog QB.

2 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

I disagree...I want to see Jackonville get destroyed.  I want to see Doug field questions about losing and to see Jalen Ramsey cry

I want to see Bellichick field questions of how they could lose to a team like Jacksonville.

I want to see Crybaby throw a huge hissyfit, and I want to see Gronkowski's career ended on Sunday.

2 hours ago, teef said:

jax by far.  my hope is that a NE loss would help that team begin to crumble just a bit.   i don't think that will be the case, but that's what i'm hoping.

I would love that to happen.  A loss helps create more tension between the triad, as they look to blame the other for losing

The JAGS annoy me more than the Pats.  They run their mouths too much and I can't stand Marrone. Plus, their fanbase is so weak.

face it, we aren't rivals with the Pats.  I hate them but I can respect greatness.  I hope the Pats win and then lose in a painful way in the SB.

of course, if the Pats lose, that means another fanbase wins a SB before us!

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Neither.  I’m rooting for whoever the NFC representative in the Super Bowl is.  Once the Bills are out, not tied to the AFC.

Can’t stomach the patsies, and hate dougie.  Although, if Jags get in, would feel better about our losing to them.

Have to say, rooting for the Vikings.  Something likeable about the team, and rooting for the underdog QB.

Oh hell yeah - I think we all will root for the NFC.  But there does have to be an AFC representative and unfortunately it's someone we don't like

Edited by BuffaloRush

The Patriots are division rivals.  Their job has always been to pound us and everyone else in the division.  IT is the nature of the beast.  It's like getting mad at the sun for burning you.  

Marrone was a surly S**, not likef at OBD by the administration right on down to secretaries.  He could have stayed and opted to walk..just walk...with cash...without even talking to his players.  Dareus is "buying in" now with the Jags because he is no longer doing the Buffalo Pout which we seen before (Willis, Sammy, was it Gallery from Washington?).

I like Bortles' moxy, though.

I strongly dislike Patriots fans,

I just don't know

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

I hate seeing ex-Bills - especially ones who left the team on terms like Doug Marrone did - have playoff success with other teams. Hate it.

But cmon, it’s the PATRIOTS.

I agree with the distain for Marrone.  But I credit the Jax turnaround to Coughlin, not Douggie.  

• Like (+1) 1

I don't have the same hatred of the Patriots most here do. Great team. I have a healthy respect for them. That said I think it's an interesting matchup. Jax and Bortles is a mystery to me. He's a terrible passer but has been finding a way to get it done. There is something about him. I love the the idea of a polished offense like the Pat's going against a tough D. Especially if the weather turns bad. 

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The JAGS annoy me more than the Pats.  They run their mouths too much and I can't stand Marrone. Plus, their fanbase is so weak.

face it, we aren't rivals with the Pats.  I hate them but I can respect greatness.  I hope the Pats win and then lose in a painful way in the SB.

of course, if the Pats lose, that means another fanbase wins a SB before us!

Come on, if the Jaguars beat the Patriots*, you like everyone else here, will be laughing their asses off. No?

Just now, dollars 2 donuts said:

The Patriots are division rivals.  Their job has always been to pound us and everyone else in the division.  IT is the nature of the beast.  It's like getting mad at the sun for burning you.  

Marrone was a surly S**, not likef at OBD by the administration right on down to secretaries.  He could have stayed and opted to walk..just walk...with cash...without even talking to his players.  Dareus is "buying in" now with the Jags because he is no longer doing the Buffalo Pout which we seen before (Willis, Sammy, was it Gallery from Washington?).

I like Bortles' moxy, though.

I strongly dislike Patriots fans,

I just don't know

I get that, but I can't stand him on the sideline laughing when they are winning games when they have done 4 running plays in a row.  He played TERRIBLE against us.  I hope Jax wins, and then is destroyed in the SB.  

On the other hand, if Bortles plays well, perhaps Jax is not a competitor for a FA QB.  

As a last thought: has any team been as lucky as the Pats*** in terms of easy roads to the SB.  Really, Tenn and Jax.  hahaha.  

Just now, Mark Vader said:

Come on, if the Jaguars beat the Patriots*, you like everyone else here, will be laughing their asses off. No?

If the Jags win, not only will I laugh my ass off, but I will be wondering where the Refs were all game.  I see about 10 questionable PI calls against the Jax, late hits on Brady, etc.  It's gonna be ugly.  

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I get that, but I can't stand him on the sideline laughing when they are winning games when they have done 4 running plays in a row.  He played TERRIBLE against us.  I hope Jax wins, and then is destroyed in the SB.  

On the other hand, if Bortles plays well, perhaps Jax is not a competitor for a FA QB.  

As a last thought: has any team been as lucky as the Pats*** in terms of easy roads to the SB.  Really, Tenn and Jax.  hahaha.  

No.  Honestly, no.

Man, even the Steelers were a paper tiger this year.

This conference had one really good team.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

We play a little bit but watching the Patriots lose to a Bortles lead offense would make me very happy.  If Daures lays out Brady I would be just as happy if it was Campbell.  I am not afraid of Jacksonville I dont see them as a dynasty I see them as a team on an incredible run like one of those Giant teams.  The Patriots are a champion Boxer late in their career. I dont care who beats them as long as they get knocked out im good.   

Edited by Mat68
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This is easy.  Jacksonville.

I hope the Jags kick the crap out of the Boston team.  Maybe it will hasten their demise in some way.

THEN everyone gets two weeks of seeing what a jerkoff Marrone is AND Bortles will suck in the Super Bowl -- and the bright side is that the Jags won't be able to get rid of Bortles if he makes it that far -- which screws them next season.