What QB do you want to draft.

QB draft  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your QB

2 hours ago, EersN'Bills said:

Who I want? Or who is realistic?

Because I want Rosen but I think it will be Mayfield (Jackson would be my second choice).

Jackson has similar traits as those of TT. except he doesn't protect the ball. Can be a turnover machine. I work and live in the Louisville area and I do not want the Bills to draft him. Great athlete but not a great QB.

• Like (+1) 1

Unless we trade up, I believe Josh Allen will be our guy.  I like his tools, but I’m meh on him being our franchse qb.  I think mayfield and Jackson are gone before our pick and there’s no chance Rosen or Darnold fall.  Wouldn’t be surprised if Baker mayfield was the #1 pick.  I could see Rosen and Darnold staying in school.  Both are praying to be the #2 pick.  

With the way that the season has played out for Bills, Chiefs and Rams, the "draft capital" that the Bills have won't be enough to move up high enough to get a good QB prospect.  I expect that they will go after a QB in FA and then maybe throw a 2nd round pick at a QB.

I think much of the hype has died on this QB class with only Rosen, Darnold and maybe Mayfield having played well enough to be considered very good prospects.  There are some pretty big questions whether Rudolph's and Jackson's games will translate to the NFL and Josh Allen really had a poor season statistically.  Now, I am not saying that these 3 are terrible prospects, but this QB class certainly doesn't look as deep as it did before the NCAA season started.

Edited by OldTimer1960

Why do I get the feeling that Baker Mayfield is Johnny Manziel 2.0?

He may be better as a real NFL QB prospect, and let's hope he is way better as a person--but at times, that is questionable (he sure has the same tendencies). Actually, he reminds me a lot of Chad Kelley in both playing and off-field style.

• Like (+1) 1

Mayfield is the only one I could see the Bills taking in round 1. (Rosen and Darnold are long gone) I suspect we'll see a vet FA and defense with whatever is left over. However, this Cleveland fiasco might throw a wrench in the whole deal. That could work out in our favor if the Browns choose to trade out.

5 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

Don’t watch much college football so will go with your view or others.   The Kid from NC State could be a good non first round option

Ryan Finley from NC State is one of those guys who may be talked about creeping into the end of the 1st.

I think people need to pay more attention to this kid, but you'll see his name more and more in the coming months.  Watch his film, Great Arm, 6'4" 215.  On film you can see him going through his progression and the way he moves inside the pocket is nice.

That being said, look for the Bills to trade back, gain more picks and still get a great QB.  Id take him over Rudolph.

But folks should wait on Mayfield, see what he does against Georgia first.

8 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Whose your QB?

The one we can draft without having to trade away all our draft picks.  Im fine with a trade up, even a big one if they do it...but I think there are good prospects to be had without having to trade a bounty to do so.  Rosen and Darnold will take a kings ransom to trade up for and could equate to trading as much as 4 or maybe all 5 of our picks in the first 3 rounds to get one of those teams to bite.  Chicago paid a fortune to go up just one spot last year from 3 to 2.  

I think Baker Mayfield is going to be the guy we target assuming we dont sign Cousins.  I personally think that Cousins will NOT be a Bill next year, so I fully expect to draft one.  Once you get past Rosen and Darnold, I believe Mayfield is the next big QB on the board, so its possible he could go high as well now and could be expensive too.  But, there are also a lot of guys who have a legit chance to shoot up draft boards such as Allen, Rudolph, Lamar, Lock, Lark, etc with the combine and workouts.  There is always a guy or two that people are thinking is going to be a guy who will go in rounds 2 to 4 that will shoot up draft boards to be a top 20 pick.  So possible Mayfield won't be the 3rd guy on the board come draft day between him being a little shorter and some off field stuff.  

They guy I think will be a Buffalo Bill next year hasn't changed the whole year:  Baker Mayfield, and I will stick to that as we sit here today.  But I do expect this shuffle a lot once the season is over and we go through interviews, combine, workouts, etc.  

• Like (+1) 1

I'd take ANY of the above except Mason Rudolph.

Lamar Jackson would be 2nd to last choice, but even then I value him far ahead of Rudolph.

I'd want:

1. Baker Mayfield

2. Josh Rosen

3. Sam Darnold

Distant 4. Josh Allen

Distant 5. Lamar Jackson

"Mr. Irrelevant" 6. Mason Rudolph

13 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The one we can draft without having to trade away all our draft picks.  Im fine with a trade up, even a big one if they do it...but I think there are good prospects to be had without having to trade a bounty to do so.  Rosen and Darnold will take a kings ransom to trade up for and could equate to trading as much as 4 or maybe all 5 of our picks in the first 3 rounds to get one of those teams to bite.  Chicago paid a fortune to go up just one spot last year from 3 to 2.  

I think Baker Mayfield is going to be the guy we target assuming we dont sign Cousins.  I personally think that Cousins will NOT be a Bill next year, so I fully expect to draft one.  Once you get past Rosen and Darnold, I believe Mayfield is the next big QB on the board, so its possible he could go high as well now and could be expensive too.  But, there are also a lot of guys who have a legit chance to shoot up draft boards such as Allen, Rudolph, Lamar, Lock, Lark, etc with the combine and workouts.  There is always a guy or two that people are thinking is going to be a guy who will go in rounds 2 to 4 that will shoot up draft boards to be a top 20 pick.  So possible Mayfield won't be the 3rd guy on the board come draft day between him being a little shorter and some off field stuff.  

They guy I think will be a Buffalo Bill next year hasn't changed the whole year:  Baker Mayfield, and I will stick to that as we sit here today.  But I do expect this shuffle a lot once the season is over and we go through interviews, combine, workouts, etc.  

I get where you're coming from, but when you think about what a great QB means for the franchise, I'd give up a king's ransom.

If the Bills right now were guaranteed a QB that was on the level of Carson Wentz, I'd give up both our 1st rounders, next year's 1st rounder, and some other picks if necessary. 

Again, that's "guaranteeing" we get the next Wentz, which nobody can do. But it's worth it in the long run, as Wentz is going to make the Eagles a contender every year for as long as he's healthy. The NFC East is now the Eagles domain until Washington, Dallas or NY get a QB on his level.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I'd take ANY of the above except Mason Rudolph.

Lamar Jackson would be 2nd to last choice, but even then I value him far ahead of Rudolph.

I'd want:

1. Baker Mayfield

2. Josh Rosen

3. Sam Darnold

Distant 4. Josh Allen

Distant 5. Lamar Jackson

"Mr. Irrelevant" 6. Mason Rudolph

I get where you're coming from, but when you think about what a great QB means for the franchise, I'd give up a king's ransom.

If the Bills right now were guaranteed a QB that was on the level of Carson Wentz, I'd give up both our 1st rounders, next year's 1st rounder, and some other picks if necessary. 

Again, that's "guaranteeing" we get the next Wentz, which nobody can do. But it's worth it in the long run, as Wentz is going to make the Eagles a contender every year for as long as he's healthy. The NFC East is now the Eagles domain until Washington, Dallas or NY get a QB on his level.

I agree, and I would be fine if we made some massive trade up to get a guy they felt was a future Pro Bowl QB.  I personally just don't love Darnold or Rosen enough over Baker to have that be my preference is all.  I wouldn't have an issue with it if they did it, but my preference is to not give up as much for someone like Baker (if anything at all) or whoever they covet so we can also work on many of the other holes like the DL, OL, and LB too.  I am just concerned that the gap between Rosen/Darnold and some of the other guys isn't big enough to warrant to massive ransom it would take to get them.  

I loved Darnold coming into this year, but after watching him all year, I think he should not even come out personally and he now reminds me of Jake Locker a little bit.  Jake went back to school, but had he been in the draft that year he could have been the #1 pick and definitely was the favorite to be the #1 pick the next year.  But, he didn't live up to expectations, and the shine wore off a bit and concerns about his game came out that season.  Darnold last year looked like a sure fire #1 pick and the early favorite for this year.  But, I watched all his games this year and he doesn't look ready personally and I think he would benefit by going back to USC one more year even though I doubt he does.  

So, to trade a ransom for him right now is not something I will hate, but its definitely a lot riskier and I just don't know he's that much better a prospect than some of the other QB's where we won't need to give up as much, or anything for that matter.  

14 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I agree, and I would be fine if we made some massive trade up to get a guy they felt was a future Pro Bowl QB.  I personally just don't love Darnold or Rosen enough over Baker to have that be my preference is all.  I wouldn't have an issue with it if they did it, but my preference is to not give up as much for someone like Baker (if anything at all) or whoever they covet so we can also work on many of the other holes like the DL, OL, and LB too.  I am just concerned that the gap between Rosen/Darnold and some of the other guys isn't big enough to warrant to massive ransom it would take to get them.  

I loved Darnold coming into this year, but after watching him all year, I think he should not even come out personally and he now reminds me of Jake Locker a little bit.  Jake went back to school, but had he been in the draft that year he could have been the #1 pick and definitely was the favorite to be the #1 pick the next year.  But, he didn't live up to expectations, and the shine wore off a bit and concerns about his game came out that season.  Darnold last year looked like a sure fire #1 pick and the early favorite for this year.  But, I watched all his games this year and he doesn't look ready personally and I think he would benefit by going back to USC one more year even though I doubt he does.  

So, to trade a ransom for him right now is not something I will hate, but its definitely a lot riskier and I just don't know he's that much better a prospect than some of the other QB's where we won't need to give up as much, or anything for that matter.  

Fair enough, all valid points. I'd love us to get Mayfield, but he won't be there where we're picking, and as the draft gets closer, you know QB's stock rises & rises to where they're all going to go super early. 

People were saying Mariota & Winston were reaches. They also said Goff & Wentz were reaches. Their stock grew & grew leading up to the draft, but based on their college careers "experts" said they weren't deserving of those spots. And every year we have people saying "wait until next year's draft when _____ comes out!" Or "this QB draft class is weak!" But every year (with a couple of exceptions) QBs are found that prove everyone wrong. 

As fans we tend to think some future guy is going to be the one, then after the year plays out & we get closer to the draft we get cold feet. There are few, if any, guarantees...and that's what we fans tend to look for. There's always a risk someone isn't going to pan out. There's always a risk that a guy who had a great college career doesn't translate well to the NFL. But I feel half of that ends up being on the coaching staff to develop & teach them properly, and also how smart the guy is. 

If we find a guy that is incredibly smart, has the talent, the arm strength, the confidence, etc. to play the position, I want us to pull the trigger. They can learn the speed of the NFL through experience. They can get timing down through practice. They can be coached up & have their mechanics tweaked. But the one thing that is hardest to grasp is an NFL playbook & how to read opposing defenses. That's why taking a smart QB is what I feel is most important. 

If Rosen, Mayfield, Darnold, etc. are that smart, then I can overlook some of their down moments in college. If they had some bad games here & there or didn't always light it up on the field, it's ok as long as they corrected that and learned from it. You very well may be right about Darnold or Rosen not being THAT much better than Mayfield. But I'd be thrilled with any of them but fear we won't even get the chance.

4 minutes ago, westerndecline said:

Riley ferguson needs to be on the list

Maybe in the 3rd round or later.

Edited by BigDingus

Out of the options available, I chose Darnold....but, if Drew Lock declares which I believe he is still waiting until after the bowl game, he seems like a very, very intriguing prospect. Needs work on some issues, but productive and talented with a strong arm.

Edited by BigBuff423

37 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The best one we don't have to mortgage the farm for.

I completely understand your sentiment and "hope" for the same....however, the Bills have perennially done what they thought was exactly that....gone for quantity over quality almost every year, and we see the result. It is a rare occurrence for a team to have extremely gifted and productive players at most other positions, a lackluster or mediocre QB, and be ready to contend for a championship. However, we can all look to the teams who are disjointed with talent, maligned by injuries, and under-performing in areas but have that true franchise QB, and they either contend for or win championships. 

Plus, I'm tired of not having a team identity and whether it should or shouldn't be that way, the QB is the identity of the team....God knows we need a new one. And we need one who can write their own annals of history from start to finish, ala Jimbo. You don't get that without taking a risk. 

9 minutes ago, McBean said:

Give me Peterman over Allen.

The kid is awful. I don't care if you can throw the ball out of the stadium so could JaMarcus Russell. Allen is a terrible college QB in a terrible conference.

His offense is putrid so nothing on it but him though

10 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Whose your QB?

You mean "Who's".

I picked Baker Mayfield, not b/c he is my first pick, but b/c I was trying to pick a realistic option.

We are not going to have our pick of all the QBs, so I don't see the point in stating which you prefer the most.

A better poll would be "Which QB do you like best among QBs we can actually get."