Do NOT move Glenn

MAJBobby

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not a coincidence that since he has been healthy the run game has started to come around.

He played 100% of snaps Sunday and Kahlil Mack was ineffective.

If you are going to move an OT before tomorrow make it Mills or Henderson.

Cordy is a top end LT and those are hard to find. This is a Whaley era pick that should go nowhere

:thumbsup: I hope they aren't that foolish !!

I understand the other moves.....not paying big money to players not performing but I agree, Glenn is the exception

I agree. Move those with $$ that do not perform. The others, keep. Glenn should stay, unless the Cards throw Fitz and a 1st (won't happen). I'm sure another team would part with a 4th rounder for Henderson or Mills--perhaps AZ even throws in one of the WR's named "Brown".

I would trade him if they could get a 1st or a 2nd. Wouldnt you guys?

would need a WR with the 1st or 2nd. Can't sabotage this season. We could use another WR.

the reports are that the Bills are asking a high price so that tells me that they do value Glenn and are not looking to just dump him like they did with Dareus. at this point the interested teams know what the Bills want and if they desperately need a LT they have until tomorrow to pay the high price. the ball is in their court and we have all of the leverage on our side and the clock is ticking. We either get really great compensation or we get to keep Glenn so it's win-win for us

I guess I just have a more pessimistic view of Glenn. Guy has two bad feet and is missing a kidney. Never liked signing him to a long term deal to begin with; would rather trade him when his value is high than wait for him to get injured.

If he is healthy, hes a very solid player. But I cant see him staying healthy very long.

this is a very good pro-trade argument. His value is at his peak, could we get ANOTHER first for him?? I guess I could take a 1st if it's a team with a high pick (Cards); or a 2nd and WR. But i'd have to be very confident in the other OL we have and those in the upcoming draft. A lot of parts working together here: draft scouts, internal assessment, etc.

the reports are that the Bills are asking a high price so that tells me that they do value Glenn and are not looking to just dump him like they did with Dareus. at this point the interested teams know what the Bills want and if they desperately need a LT they have until tomorrow to pay the high price. the ball is in their court and we have all of the leverage on our side and the clock is ticking. We either get really great compensation or we get to keep Glenn so it's win-win for us

I love it. The price should be high.

Yep. I love Glenn but with how Dawkins has been playing, if a team offers a 1st...I would do it.

Preferably I would like to keep Glenn because he is good but getting another 1st round pick would be pretty sweet.

Yep. I love Glenn but with how Dawkins has been playing, if a team offers a 1st...I would do it.

Preferably I would like to keep Glenn because he is good but getting another 1st round pick would be pretty sweet.

It'll be more than a 1st. Something like Indy's 1st and Donte Moncrief.

Very doubtful something like that gets worked out before the deadline. Could see Henderson moved though at a lower cost.

It is not a coincidence that since he has been healthy the run game has started to come around.

Cordy is a top end LT and those are hard to find. This is a Whaley era pick that should go nowhere

Buddy Nix, not Lil Doug. Kujo belongs to Whaley.

Dawkins as been playing decent but he has also struggled. What is the harm in having two good OTs. There isnt one. Moving Glenn unless it is for a glut in return and i am talking multiple 1sts plus makes zero sense.

Dawkins as been playing decent but he has also struggled. What is the harm in having two good OTs. There isnt one. Moving Glenn unless it is for a glut in return and i am talking multiple 1sts plus makes zero sense.

There is no harm in having two good OT's but there's also no harm in getting another first.

Dawkins is a true rookie, he's going to have rookie struggles. If you project him to be great later down the road, that's a big plus.

I would prefer keeping Glenn but getting a first for him is also appealing.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

Agreed. Cordy should stay. Let's hope we don't let another good tackle get away like they did with Jason Peters.

CORDY MUST STAY

In all seriousness.....definately agree with the OP....the OL shakyness without its best player has been what has hurt our running game and made Tyrod (even more then usual) not comfortablle sitting in the pocket.

It is no coincidence that Cordy starts and Shady runs for over 100

Agree 100%. I really hope they don't move him and I don't think they will.

K Mack was on the sidelines a lot yesterday, and almost always lines up over the RT

Bills are 5-2 and who knows, may not be this good again for 2-3 years. You never know. If we were 2-5, yes trade Glenn. But now I wouldn't for this year at least, not tear it down. Heck I might look to trade 4th 5th 6th round picks for rental players who can help this year to make a playoff push

If they move him, I trust their decision as there must be a reason for doing it, cause it won't be just to get picks, they aren't tanking a winning season...

I second this motion. It really gets old logging in here to find the obligatory thread demanding the Bills take (or don't take) action.

Relax Francis, professional coaches and GM's have forgotten more about managing and coaching NFL teams than you will ever know.

Trust the process.

I am in complete agreement with you.

We need Glenn if we are going to make a playoff run. His return to the team has been very noticeable.

Unless another team comes to us offering a Herschel Walker type of trade, I am not interested.

I understand the other moves.....not paying big money to players not performing but I agree, Glenn is the exception

I could be wrong but there are no reports of Glenn being a negative in the locker room or anything to that effect. Glenn has had some injury issues and is on a big contract but when he has been on the field he has been dam good and he seems to be well liked and respected in the locker room.

Seems like Dareus and Sammy were locker room issues in addition to other issues for the team. Glenn's return has completely coincided with a return in the ground game, those two things are related.

There is absolutely no reason to even consider trading away one of the best LTs in the league. I've never seen a single word of him being a problem on the team and his play speaks for itself. I cannot fathom why these discussion even exist.

There is absolutely no reason to even consider trading away one of the best LTs in the league. I've never seen a single word of him being a problem on the team and his play speaks for itself. I cannot fathom why these discussion even exist.

Totally agree. Can someone explain why we would make this trade?

Totally agree. Can someone explain why we would make this trade?

Only reasoning I have seen is that they want to slot Dion in there as soon as feasible. Pretty flimsy rationale in my view. I'd be shocked if Glenn was moved.

I also read that the Bills went to last years blocking schemes two weeks ago. Translated to 343 yards rushing in two weeks. At least Dennison wasn't stupid enough to keep his preferred schemes in place. Why he didn't do this in week one is a bit of a mystery. Wonder if Shady told him to make the change.

I think we have to keep in mind that he is in his 6th year and if he has bad feet/knees/legs they generally dont get better with age. There were questions about his size when he was drafted as I recall. Some said he projected better as a guard than as a tackle. I trust whatever the Bills do here in this situation. We fans have no access to the medical reports so it is hard to judge his situation. A second rounder might be the asking price. You dont get a 1st rounder for a 6th year player with not so sound wheels... We shall see...

Agreed on all

Whaley attached his name to Glenn with the contract.

its a fair contract too, unlike the Dareus mistake. Cordy is wrapped up through 2020, so keep him and let Dawkins move to RT. They'd have a stable situation for a few years.