Brandon Beane already top 3 worst GM's in bills history

Yeezus

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beane has made a bunch of great moves over the past 6 months but without a doubt this is the best. It's a great time to be a Bills fan.

It's far too soon to quantify any of these moves, much less refer to them as great. It's about the same being a Bills fan as last year - they sit at 4-2. It's around the same time in the season that we found out Watkins would be on the shelf for awhile last year. So there is the same lack of optimism regarding the offenses capabilities. The defense is better, but not a dominating force. It's different but yet the same. The next few weeks was when last years version of the annual swoon materialized. We will see if this year is actually going to be different from previous good starts during this persistent playoff drought.

Hasn't made a single right decision his tenure here. Keeps trading away the only talented players on our roster and for what?

Has anyone taken a look at our DT depth, its horrible. He just handed out a pro bowl DT in the prime of his career for pennies.

NONE of his trades/signings have made any sense. complete shambles.

People think this is a good trade just bc we are 4-2. Wait until November rolls around and the real Buffalo Bills show up just like the last 17 years folks.

This fan base is legit the most delusional in the NFL. no joke. If anyone is responsible for the success of our team right now its DOUG WHALEY

People forget we were 4-2 last year too... It's about this point in the season where we start to see the real team, and collapse down the stretch. Trading away Dareus does NOTHING to help us is the problem.

We get a 6th rounder NEXT YEAR, who will likely never make much of an impact on this team in any way, while losing a Pro-Bowl talent that was just getting useful again. Sorry Whaley signed him to a bad contract, but that doesn't mean make it worse by losing any possible return on that investment. This is a friggin joke.

People forget we were 4-2 last year too... It's about this point in the season where we start to see the real team, and collapse down the stretch. Trading away Dareus does NOTHING to help us is the problem.

We get a 6th rounder NEXT YEAR, who will likely never make much of an impact on this team in any way, while losing a Pro-Bowl talent that was just getting useful again. Sorry Whaley signed him to a bad contract, but that doesn't mean make it worse by losing any possible return on that investment. This is a friggin joke.

Show me the last time Marcel actually played like a pro bowl talent

People always forget the cap space aquired and the ability to use it....

I think we have to see.

I think the worst case is the Bills lean too far on character, work ethic, worried too much about Special Teams and getting into 3rd and manageable to ever really make enough plays in big games to win. Right now they are getting by with Mike Tolbert, Ramon Humber, Vlad Ducasse, Jordan Matthews as the number one. Does this Staff/FO overrate brotherhood and underrate talent over the long run.

Yes, remember the McDermott statement that they're not collecting talent, they're building a team.

forgot last season. this is not the same team, not even close. it was not a problem trading 99, it was actually a good move. it's done. I'm sure they have moved on and are focused on the job at hand, game day.

it's not the pick man. it's the contract they're sending along with him, it unloads a lot financially to be able to use on the additions of the future. it's a rebuild and part of the process and it would seem pretty obvious they will be adding a nt as well as a few more positions after the season through both the draft and fa?

they have plenty to work with in their first year as far as picks, more than I recall any other previous regime starting out with? if you have no patience and pretty much judge off the cuff then you will have a hard time dealing with the process.

a rookie gm and hc have to start somewhere and until they fall flat and fail like some have them already doing, I will give them some time to prove themselves. so far, I like what I see. 4-2 and the raiders at home where they're presently undefeated. be great to see them go to 4-0 , been a while since they've dominated at home?

Be a little more specific please.

I laughed out loud.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

This regime is fixing the past regimes mistakes. It's not just about this year. Can't complain about the past 17 years and then complain when the new regime doesn't stick with the status quo of "win now" win now hasn't worked for this team.

It's time to cut dead weight high dollar contracts and build a team that can contend for years. It's no a fun process. It won't happen overnight. I applaud this new regime for setting up the future while still being competitive. I just hope the GM knows what he is doing in the draft or this won't work either.

Whaley: "Shaq Lawson is going to walk in off the bus starting. Reggie Ragland and then Adolphus Washington -- all three of those guys will start right off the bus."

McDermott: "This bus is moving and at the end of this year, we're going to have a pretty good feel for who's on the bus and who's not, and everyone knows that, I would hope. So, I would hope they've seen that from the moves we've made and the direction we're heading, the mindset we're embracing and the devoted mindset you need to have to win in this league. We're going in a certain direction for a certain reason, and we play and do things with a purpose. People that have that common purpose and want to share that common purpose, they'll be here."

It's far too soon to quantify any of these moves, much less refer to them as great. It's about the same being a Bills fan as last year - they sit at 4-2. It's around the same time in the season that we found out Watkins would be on the shelf for awhile last year. So there is the same lack of optimism regarding the offenses capabilities. The defense is better, but not a dominating force. It's different but yet the same. The next few weeks was when last years version of the annual swoon materialized. We will see if this year is actually going to be different from popprevious good starts during this persistent playoff drought.

Yes we were 4-2 as well last year, but we were 4-2 with a miserable head coach, in salary cap hell, a GM who assembled a ego filled locker room with no I for the future and a brand new team owner who was still taking his lumps as he learned his way in the NFL.

The 4-2 this year includes 6 picks in the first 3 rounds in the draft next year, a manageable cap, by all accounts a great culture shift and a head coach who has aassembled a veteran staff and who at the very least is.... Coaching. Some of the individual moves made may not turn out to be in the Bills favor, but the overall work done in a short period of time, IMO is nothing short of amazing. I feel great about the rest of this year rooting for this group is fantastic, and the setup for the future looks great too.

This^^^^^

Front office unloads a worthless unproductive player who's $16 million salary is eight-times the three players who replace him and have double the production of him and our front office is the worst ever?

Obviously the OP failed to research FACTS, like the Bills being 6th in the league vs the run and 4th in least amount of yards per rush not to mention a record of 4-2...all with a bunch of "scrubs" and with Dareus contributing all of 1 tackle and 2 assists heading into last week and 4/4 overall. Not to mention all the off the field suspensions and distractions, which we will have no idea how much he exactly poisoned the locker room with all of his BS.

And of course, the OP is a seasoned Pro talent evaluator who knows that thus far Sammy has been....Sammy, and Darby, who hurt himself, wasn't exactly dominating his position at the time of his injury. Or letting Gilmore go who is getting burnt like toast in NE. Jonathan Williams??? What is he doing? Mind you we didn't make a single playoff game with any of these players.

Just like NE, when you build a team no player is bigger than the whole. BB has run the Patriots like this for years and look at his success. You think cutting Lawyer Milloy in 03 was easy? Yet his team rallied and won a SB.

That's what I love about McD. He'll cut anyone who doesn't fall in line. He's upfront and the players and guys like Kyle Williams and Eric Wood love him cuz he gives respect as well as commands it.

I like what we are building. I like our front office too bringing in these guys like Milano, Humber, Poyer, Hauschka who were out their in FA or drafted late and playing important roles and falling into the team mentality.

Whoever doesn't like it can go follow another team.

Great response but it's wasted on the OP who is the crown prince of trolls on TBD.

Worst GM in Bills history would have to be Russ Brandon.

And yet he's still here playing a prominent role on both the Sabres and Bills for Pegula Sports & Entertainment Inc.

Also why is Jim Overdorf still employed by this organization? He's equally liable for the horrible Dareus contract and other bad deals that have set this franchise back years.

Just trying to make the point that stock pilling draft picks means absolutely nothing (see Cleveland).

That's ridiculous. Of course it means something, it means a lot. You have double the chances to pick quality starters in the early rounds, now it's up to the GM and his scouting team to make it happen.

@NFLResearch

Brandon Beane has re-shaped the Bills roster since taking over as the Bills GM in May

DNLnYA0VAAArDx5.jpg

7:28 PM - 27 Oct 2017

Like everyone, I'm disappointed - no, make that disgusted - that we didn't get more than a 6th round pick for Dareus, a 3rd overall pick.

But, believe it or not, the trade I'm most disappointed with is Cardale. A 4th round, 6' 5", 250# QB with tons of potential just waiting to be developed, traded for a 7th round pick? I'm betting this one's gonna bite us in the ass.

(OTOH, they say he cried "tears of joy" after being traded to LA, so maybe he didn't want to be here.)

We'll just have to wait and see what Beane/McDermott.do with all these draft picks, to definitively evaluate the outcome of this housecleaning, no?

Like everyone, I'm disappointed - no, make that disgusted - that we didn't get more than a 6th round pick for Dareus, a 3rd overall pick.

But, believe it or not, the trade I'm most disappointed with is Cardale. A 4th round, 6' 5", 250# QB with tons of potential just waiting to be developed, traded for a 7th round pick? I'm betting this one's gonna bite us in the ass.

(OTOH, they say he cried "tears of joy" after being traded to LA, so maybe he didn't want to be here.)

We'll just have to wait and see what Beane/McDermott.do with all these draft picks, to definitively evaluate the outcome of this housecleaning, no?

Long time no see, senator

Blame Whaley for having to dump over 50 million dollars of horiffivally bad contract. This is Beanes finest and smartest move as the Bills GM yet..

No doubt. Its not as if Dareus was contributing in a major way anymore anyways. Beane and McD pumped up his snaps last week in a predictable move to showcase him to trading partners, just like they did with Watkins in the preseason.

Blame Whaley for having to dump Dareus, and over 50 million dollars worth is of a horrifically bad contract. This is Beanes finest and smartest move as the Bills GM yet..

As others have said, it's 'addition by subtraction'.

No doubt it was necessary, but wish we had gotten more than a 6th.

As others have said, it's 'addition by subtraction'.

No doubt it was necessary, but wish we had gotten more than a 6th.

Definitely disappointed in the return. Maybe that is telling though - MD must not be regarded very highly across the league.

You listen to Sal and the fans yesterday and they immediately jumped to Dareus not fitting in, being a bad example, too much salary, not buying into "the system" - fans calling up and talking about McDermott has changed the culture and direction. 100% support the move.

I do agree that the team works harder than under Ryan, that it's more about the team, and doing your job.

But they are 4-2, not 8-2. Basically we've seen this model of gutting talented players who make money before with McDaniels Broncos, Mangini's Browns. That's what Beane has done here. Saving numerous large contracts, at the expense of top talent. We better hope that 2018 is a Draft for the ages.

It's really early to say Beane and McDermott have turned it around when this team has paper thin depth everywhere. As the year gets deeper, the intensity picks up, injuries mount and this is where the Bills usually fade. They now have next to nothing to show for the last 7 Drafts outside of the 2017 Draft.

You listen to Sal and the fans yesterday and they immediately jumped to Dareus not fitting in, being a bad example, too much salary, not buying into "the system" - fans calling up and talking about McDermott has changed the culture and direction. 100% support the move.

I do agree that the team works harder than under Ryan, that it's more about the team, and doing your job.

But they are 4-2, not 8-2. Basically we've seen this model of gutting talented players who make money before with McDaniels Broncos, Mangini's Browns. That's what Beane has done here. Saving numerous large contracts, at the expense of top talent. We better hope that 2018 is a Draft for the ages.

It's really early to say Beane and McDermott have turned it around when this team has paper thin depth everywhere. As the year gets deeper, the intensity picks up, injuries mount and this is where the Bills usually fade. They now have next to nothing to show for the last 7 Drafts outside of the 2017 Draft.

I think people need to get off this "top talent" stuff when talking about Dareus. Before he signed his big deal, he showed top talent play. But since? No.

The three biggest deals thus far are Sammy, Gilmore, and Dareus. Sammy is a decoy in LA, Gilmore was playing poorly in NE before he got hurt. Now we'll see about Dareus. But maybe, just maybe, McD and Beane know what they're doing.

Its funny. Almost every objective take on this team has been positive.

Starting with how they are playing on the field...it hasnt been perfect but its been certainly improved. We see less mistakes, better communication, even better tackling.

The players seem genuinely excited to be there and play for one another.

All this while clearing cap space and accumulating picks.

So basically we have improved product on field now and improved prospects in the future because. But yeah, Beane and McDermott are mouth breathers. 🤦‍♂

If you don't love what Beane and McD have done to this organization in a remarkably short time, I just can't help you...

I like what they have done. I love that they seem to have a plan. As ever the test is how they execute and FA in March then the draft in April will be the big tests of how they are going to shape this organisation for the long term.