Brandon Beane already top 3 worst GM's in bills history

Yeezus

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't like the trade because its within the conference...but I guess you dance with the only partner you have

I don't think dareus is going to perform any differently so it shouldn't matter.

My guess is he ends up cut after this season and then signs with our favorite team in the league..... The pats.

They would cut him at the end of the year.

I hear your point but you can't tell me the Bills are a better team today without Dareus

I can tell you the Bills are not worse off without MD the rest of the year and FAR better without him next year, and MUCH better thereafter.

From the perspective of other teams, why didn’t the Bills get a better offer? Answer: MD is not and may not ever be worth half of what he’s paid.

And what if they flop like most draft picks do?

Then it will count against his credibility and the team will be set back.

What sort of response were you looking for?

This is how GM's are largely judged, by their draft choices.

This^^^^^

Front office unloads a worthless unproductive player who's $16 million salary is eight-times the three players who replace him and have double the production of him and our front office is the worst ever?

Obviously the OP failed to research FACTS, like the Bills being 6th in the league vs the run and 4th in least amount of yards per rush not to mention a record of 4-2...all with a bunch of "scrubs" and with Dareus contributing all of 1 tackle and 2 assists heading into last week and 4/4 overall. Not to mention all the off the field suspensions and distractions, which we will have no idea how much he exactly poisoned the locker room with all of his BS.

And of course, the OP is a seasoned Pro talent evaluator who knows that thus far Sammy has been....Sammy, and Darby, who hurt himself, wasn't exactly dominating his position at the time of his injury. Or letting Gilmore go who is getting burnt like toast in NE. Jonathan Williams??? What is he doing? Mind you we didn't make a single playoff game with any of these players.

Just like NE, when you build a team no player is bigger than the whole. BB has run the Patriots like this for years and look at his success. You think cutting Lawyer Milloy in 03 was easy? Yet his team rallied and won a SB.

That's what I love about McD. He'll cut anyone who doesn't fall in line. He's upfront and the players and guys like Kyle Williams and Eric Wood love him cuz he gives respect as well as commands it.

I like what we are building. I like our front office too bringing in these guys like Milano, Humber, Poyer, Hauschka who were out their in FA or drafted late and playing important roles and falling into the team mentality.

Whoever doesn't like it can go follow another team.

100% agree.

Great post.

Hasn't made a single right decision his tenure here. Keeps trading away the only talented players on our roster and for what?

Has anyone taken a look at our DT depth, its horrible. He just handed out a pro bowl DT in the prime of his career for pennies.

NONE of his trades/signings have made any sense. complete shambles.

People think this is a good trade just bc we are 4-2. Wait until November rolls around and the real Buffalo Bills show up just like the last 17 years folks.

This fan base is legit the most delusional in the NFL. no joke. If anyone is responsible for the success of our team right now its DOUG WHALEY

Well, he's added a lot more fun to the PROCESS. When was the last time any team made this many trades after the season started (including pre-season)?

I'm with you - why even bother for such a low pick? Better to just keep him in the rotation through this season. He's been disappointing, but he's still a better DT than anyone on the team not named Kyle Williams. I would rather have his services now and straight up cut him in the off-season, than lose him for a likely-meaningless draft pick.

Why trade him for a sixth? Saved a ton of money this year. Your wrong hes not playing like the best D tackle not named Kyle Williams and hes not buying into the system. Bye bye fat boy. Whos next? Love the move!! This is going to be a solid organization soon!!

Hasn't made a single right decision his tenure here. Keeps trading away the only talented players on our roster and for what?

Has anyone taken a look at our DT depth, its horrible. He just handed out a pro bowl DT in the prime of his career for pennies.

People think this is a good trade just bc we are 4-2. Wait until November rolls around and the real Buffalo Bills show up just like the last 17 years folks.

This fan base is legit the most delusional in the NFL. no joke. If anyone is responsible for the success of our team right now its DOUG WHALEY

This is the all time stupidest thing I have ever read. Beane made trades building for the future and got great picks and really good players in return for Darby and Watkins. Watkins didn't want to be in Buffalo long term. The Dareus contract was a joke and really hurt them as far as the cap. He is doing exactly what he said he was going to do. I struggle to see how you could be serious in regards to the Whaley comment.

This^^^^^

Front office unloads a worthless unproductive player who's $16 million salary is eight-times the three players who replace him and have double the production of him and our front office is the worst ever?

Obviously the OP failed to research FACTS, like the Bills being 6th in the league vs the run and 4th in least amount of yards per rush not to mention a record of 4-2...all with a bunch of "scrubs" and with Dareus contributing all of 1 tackle and 2 assists heading into last week and 4/4 overall. Not to mention all the off the field suspensions and distractions, which we will have no idea how much he exactly poisoned the locker room with all of his BS.

And of course, the OP is a seasoned Pro talent evaluator who knows that thus far Sammy has been....Sammy, and Darby, who hurt himself, wasn't exactly dominating his position at the time of his injury. Or letting Gilmore go who is getting burnt like toast in NE. Jonathan Williams??? What is he doing? Mind you we didn't make a single playoff game with any of these players.

Just like NE, when you build a team no player is bigger than the whole. BB has run the Patriots like this for years and look at his success. You think cutting Lawyer Milloy in 03 was easy? Yet his team rallied and won a SB.

That's what I love about McD. He'll cut anyone who doesn't fall in line. He's upfront and the players and guys like Kyle Williams and Eric Wood love him cuz he gives respect as well as commands it.

I like what we are building. I like our front office too bringing in these guys like Milano, Humber, Poyer, Hauschka who were out their in FA or drafted late and playing important roles and falling into the team mentality.

Fantastic post. I honestly don't understand how people are not seeing this.

How are people not blaming Whaley for some of the really bad decisions he made.

It's crazy to me that the Watkins trade to draft him isn't viewed as one of the worst GM moves this organization made in a very long time. We needed a WR, and if he had just stood pat he would have ended up with a better WR and we would have had another first rounder and even more cap room.

That draft choice set this team back, big time.

The Dareus draft choice is another one. It's more understandable, it was a position of need, but look at the end result. Do i really need to go over all the people that were drafted in the top 10 that year?

Or the QB we drafted in the first round that ended up being a bust. To make things worse is that he was a reach with a 2nd round grade.

The anger should be there, not for the guy who is cleaning up the mess from the previous GM.

It's nice to at least have the feeling that there's a plan, and that plan isn't subject to ... say ... what Jerry Sullivan might write any particular week, or how the marketing department is forecasting next season's season ticket sales.

I like it, but who knows. Only time will tell, and no matter how sound the plan is or how touchy-feely the locker room gets, the reality is it'll probably all come down to whether we are fortunate enough to land the next Brady, Rodgers, Brees, etc. We'd all probably be just fine with 11-5 record with a true franchise QB and a team full of rude knuckleheads, but the "family", "team" stuff plays well in Buffalo in the meantime.

This^^^^^

....a damn thorough and well thought out post bud........this isn't a remake for the sake of my guys versus their guys.....it's who wants to be one of OUR guys.....sure as hell isn't as if they are dismantling 17 years of "success".....based on their assessment, this gang is changing for the better for the long haul while STILL remaining competitive at 4-2 versus changing for the sake of change....thought somebody posted we now have 12 picks in the 2018 draft, including 6 in the first three rounds....when is the last time we were even close to 6 in the top three?.....and with Pegula opening the check book WIDE for Beane to build his staff with several former Pro Player Personnel guys as well as several former VP's of Player Personnel (and of course the yipsters will say nobody else would hire them), I'd say you have a pretty formidable group to make the best of those 12 picks.....

Then it will count against his credibility and the team will be set back.

What sort of response were you looking for?

This is how GM's are largely judged, by their draft choices.

Just trying to make the point that stock pilling draft picks means absolutely nothing (see Cleveland). For some reason it's all fans give a crap about around here and assume SB or something with the QTY of picks we have. With that, we know absolutely nothing about Beane except he is willing to sell/trade when players value are at a low. His real evaluation will happen about this time a year from now after all the shiny new draft picks are here playing ball.

Edited by Real McCoy

Dareus was not going to be here next year, why not save money and get a pick?

The dude is a lazy ass who never should have gotten that huge contract. This is on Whaley not Beane.

Absolutely, he was going to be released.

Also, why not control what team a player goes to? Where would have MD end up if released with zero compensation?

Just trying to make the point that stock pilling draft picks means absolutely nothing (see Cleveland). For some reason it's all fans give a crap about around here and assume SB or something with the QTY of picks we have. With that, we know absolutely nothing about Beane except he is willing to sell/trade when players value are at a low. His real evaluation will happen about this time a year from now after all the shiny new draft picks are here playing ball.

...there is absolutely NO comparison between Buffalo's ownership, FO/administration & coaching staff versus Cleveland......Jesus, the Browns hired GRIGSON after the Colts canned his sorry butt.......Buffalo's 12 picks are in pretty damn good hands IMO.......

I like every move Beane and McDermott have made thus far. Their focus on team, professionalism and performance makes it easy for me to be excited about our future. It's been too long since we have had true competence in leadership. Given that, I have to point out that Beane has not yet accomplished anything meriting superlatives or condemnation. Ridding the team of poor attitudes and disappointments is a good use of hindsight in appraisal. I applaud it. The next step however, is enormous - as is the pressure on our GM and head coach.

With our expanded cap space and bushel basket of accumulated drafts picks, Beane and McDermott will appraise talent using forward thinking and projection. This is where they can achieve excellence or mediocrity. I don't mean this as a negative. However, little has been (other than beginning 4-2, which is very nice) accomplished yet.

The stage has been set for one of the most meaningful and exciting off-seasons in Bills history. I truly hope (and am optimistic) that our new GM and head coach are up to the task.

...there is absolutely NO comparison between Buffalo's ownership, FO/administration & coaching staff versus Cleveland......Jesus, the Browns hired GRIGSON after the Colts canned his sorry butt.......Buffalo's 12 picks are in pretty damn good hands IMO.......

We can't evaluate that yet as neither you or I know what the outcome will be.

This post is about 1-1.5years premature if even true. Trust me, I'm pulling hardcore for it not to be.

Edited by Real McCoy

Gaines and Matthews + a 2nd ,3rd were great trades.. Thompson ,immediate impact, potentially a great pick up..

D had 1 rough game out of 6.

Our DL is actually very good depth wise. Ryan Davis and Thorton can play, Hughes is fantastic,Shaq is very good, Kyle is playing great, Alexander also plays DE, Shaq will be kicked inside I'm sure, Worthy and Adolphus can play. We are fine on the DL

He unloaded one of the worse contracts in the NFL! We saved 11 mil this year and next year combined and are off the hook after! Dareus was barely playing for a 16/mil a year player, it's fantastic we got rid of the guy...

Sammy has been typical Sammy in LA - he flashes, but generally has 3 catches for 30 yards in a good percentage of games. Gaines, although always on the edge of injury, has been good, no denying that.

I don't think the Darby trade was smart. 6 games in now and Matthews is a 2-3 catch game guy, who has made next to no impact over the scrubs below him on the roster. With Darby the Bills would have had a young, cheap, top flight CB pairing. I never liked that Matthews trade. It's not in your face now because Darby immediately got hurt.

Dareus, I am a fan of talent and think this Coaching Staff is too carried away with Special Teams grinders, but he was out of shape and not plugged in.

Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! BEANE HASN'T MADE DECISIONS I WOULD MAKE WHEN IM THE GM ON MADDEN!!!! HES TUUURRIBLE!!! TORCHES AND PITCHFORKS BOYS, TORCHES AND PITCHFORKS!!!!!

I can tell you the Bills are not worse off without MD the rest of the year and FAR better without him next year, and MUCH better thereafter.

From the perspective of other teams, why didn’t the Bills get a better offer? Answer: MD is not and may not ever be worth half of what he’s paid.

I think they are worse off. How do you not think so?

There is a reason why he was starting. At the absolute worst, he provides great depth..

They didn't get a better offer because he has a big contract in which he hasn't lived up too, and he has off field concerns.

But that doesn't take away that he isn't better than some random the Bills are going to have to plug in when Worthy needs a breather.

Does it make sense for the future? Yes I understand that part.

Does this make them a slightly worse team today? Absolutely

I think they are worse off. How do you not think so?

There is a reason why he was starting. At the absolute worst, he provides great depth..

They didn't get a better offer because he has a big contract in which he hasn't lived up too, and he has off field concerns.

But that doesn't take away that he isn't better than some random the Bills are going to have to plug in when Worthy needs a breather.

Does it make sense for the future? Yes I understand that part.

Does this make them a slightly worse team today? Absolutely

4 solo tackles and one sack in 6 games says otherwise.

Dude you're 6 games in. Fans aren't wrong to notice the lack of top flight talent and paper thin depth.

Where did those so called stars get us?

Cap trouble and and a mid pack team.

Let these guys do their evaluations and carry on scrapping the dead wood.

Trust the process.

Whether Beane will actually be successful depends entirely on whether he can turn his draft assets to account. A lot of that will depend on how our "revamped" scouting department performs. As for the approach (process) I can't fault it in principle. What do you think BB would have done with Marcel? The one move I am still uncomfortable with is the Watkins trade especially given our WR situation, but thats JMO.

4 solo tackles and one sack in 6 games says otherwise.

Where did those so called stars get us?

Cap trouble and and a mid pack team.

Let these guys do their evaluations and carry on scrapping the dead wood.

Trust the process.

We were 4-2 at this exact point last year.

As this season gets deeper, as the intensity picks up and the injuries mount, this is where the Bills usually start fading.

Time will tell. All I know is this appears like a radically different approach. Im thinking 2017 is a building year, who the hell knows about 2018 draft & free agency?

They drafted pretty good last year.

Everyones contributing maybe Zay needs a bit more weight and some technique work which he can learn from Thompson and Matthews.

We were 4-2 at this exact point last year.

As this season gets deeper, as the intensity picks up and the injuries mount, this is where the Bills usually start fading.

Too much character and a coach who motivates so I say keep the faith.