Brandon Beane already top 3 worst GM's in bills history

Yeezus

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its funny. Almost every objective take on this team has been positive.

Starting with how they are playing on the field...it hasnt been perfect but its been certainly improved. We see less mistakes, better communication, even better tackling.

The players seem genuinely excited to be there and play for one another.

All this while clearing cap space and accumulating picks.

So basically we have improved product on field now and improved prospects in the future because. But yeah, Beane and McDermott are mouth breathers. ‍♂

I remember being 4-0 under Jauron/Levy, before tanking after giving Jauron an extension and huge raise. I'm cautiously optimistic, but -- as others have said - it's October.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

17 and 2 baby!!!!!

I'm tryin', Magox, I'm tryin'...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

17 and 2 baby!!!!!

Hey, The Senator's back!! Hopefully to stay.

I agree that next year's draft is YUUGE for this franchise. Two 1sts, 2nds, and 3rds.

Blame Whaley for having to dump Dareus, and over 50 million dollars worth is of a horrifically bad contract. This is Beanes finest and smartest move as the Bills GM yet..

Maybe we can lame Whaley for global climate change, and my athlete's foot.

Can you imagine the trade discussions.

Jax (knowing that Beane has let it be known that he is desperate to trade Dareus and crossing their fingers): "We will give you a 7th round pick for Dareus."

Beane: "How about a 6th?"

Jax (trying to stop from laughing and trying to sound reluctant and still with fingers crossed): "Ok, we give in. We will trade a 6th round pick for that cancer."

I am so excited. I cannot wait to see who we pick with that 6th round pick. I already have started my mock drafts.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Can you imagine the trade discussions.

Jax (knowing that Beane has let it be known that he is desperate to trade Dareus and crossing their fingers): "We will give you a 7th round pick for Dareus."

Beane: "How about a 6th?"

Jax (trying to stop from laughing and trying to sound reluctant and still with fingers crossed): "Ok, we give in. We will trade a 6th round pick for that cancer."

I am so excited. I cannot wait to see who we pick with that 6th round pick. I already have started my mock drafts.

So many clueless people who don't understand how great a move it was to get that contract completely off the books after next season.

Maybe we can lame Whaley for global climate change, and my athlete's foot.

Yeah, blaming Whaley for players he signed to bad extensions is ludicrous. How the hell is Whaley supposed to be blamed for things he had full control over.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

But I thought the experts all claim Buffalo is in a rebuild mode?

What else should one expect in a rebuild.

4-2 aint bad. Its the damn tanking Jets @3-4 that is ruining it for us.

4-2 going to playoffs in first year and Beane is horrible lmao.

Pump the brakes until they are 6-2.

Then Ill believe.

I am still in disbelief we got picks for Ragland and Cardale. Chiefs LBs have been terrible all year and Cardale has no future in this league.

Darby is the only player on that list I wish we kept.

Im pro pot but Dareus should know better. The damn test is at the same time every spring.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

So many clueless people who don't understand how great a move it was to get that contract completely off the books after next season.

Yeah, blaming Whaley for players he signed to bad extensions is ludicrous. How the hell are is someone supposed to be blamed for things he had full control over.

Wow. You must be an accountant.

I cannot wait to see the player we get for that 6th round pick. He no doubt will not take up much cap space so you will be very happy yet again.

You called me clueless, but I am completely unimpressed with getting a 6th round pick for Dareus. How long have we heard about Dareus being traded? Clearly, Beane had advertised to the league that he was desperate to trade Dareus. Beane got what a desperate GM gets. Essentially nothing. Great. Wonderful.

To make matters worse. We traded Dareus to Doug Marrone's team. I have a feeling that Marrone knows that Dareus is not the cancer that the Bills are trying to make him out to be to attempt to justify the bag of pucks we got for Dareus. In fact, I have a feeling Marrone knows just how good Dareus is and is laughing because this is the second time that he has essentially robbed the Buffalo Bills.

Wow. I am so excited.

Edited by Peter

Trading Glenn would be my last straw with Beane.

Glenn is a top 10 OT in this league. His pay is not even that high (look at what guys got in FA). You don't mess with O line talent, it is such a hot commodity.

Enough of this crap with getting rid of talent because they were not picked by you.

Trading Glenn would be my last straw with Beane.

Glenn is a top 10 OT in this league. His pay is not even that high (look at what guys got in FA). You don't mess with O line talent, it is such a hot commodity.

Enough of this crap with getting rid of talent because they were not picked by you.

So what are you going to do? Fire him?

Again, Dareus is a talent when? Before he signed his big deal. Since then he's not been different than most any other DT.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I cannot wait to see the player we get for that 6th round pick. He no doubt will not take up much cap space so you will be very happy yet again.

You called me clueless, but I am completely unimpressed with getting a 6th round pick for Dareus. How long have we heard about Dareus being traded? Clearly, Beane had advertised to the league that he was desperate to trade Dareus. Beane got what a desperate GM gets. Essentially nothing. Great. Wonderful.

To make matters worse. We traded Dareus to Doug Marrone's team. I have a feeling that Marrone knows that Dareus is not the cancer that the Bills are trying to make him out to be to attempt to justify the bag of pucks we got for Dareus. In fact, I have a feeling Marrone knows just how good Dareus is and is laughing because this is the second time that he has essentially robbed the Buffalo Bills.

Wow. I am so excited.

That cap space will be worth far more than Dareus in 2019. You are clueless.

Again, Dareus is a talent when? Before he signed his big deal. Since then he's not been different than most any other DT.

Since then, he's had Rex Ryan, followed by a coach who made it clear that he hated his guts from day he got hired.

I'm not saying Dareus is perfect. But he's been dealt a pretty raw !@#$ing deal, if you ask me.

EDIT: I'd also like to add that I think this was a good move by Beane.

Edited by Gugny

Just wait for to be fired in 3 years. Can't win in this league without talent, unless you have HOF QB.

Not just Dareus. It has been countless amounts of talent out the door since these guys have got here.

Since then, he's had Rex Ryan, followed by a coach who made it clear that he hated his guts from day he got hired.

I'm not saying Dareus is perfect. But he's been dealt a pretty raw !@#$ing deal, if you ask me.

I feel for him for his personal stuff he's gone through. But under three coaching staffs he's been busted for drug use, suspended, sent home for being late, hasn't produced much on the field.

When exactly is it his problem?

We could have let Dareus play this year and next year. We cut him after 2018 with a post june cut and his dead cap was barely anything. The huge amount of additional cap space in 2019 and beyond is fictional.

Edited by Ittakestime

I feel for him for his personal stuff he's gone through. But under three coaching staffs he's been busted for drug use, suspended, sent home for being late, hasn't produced much on the field.

When exactly is it his problem?

When he was put in, he did the job that was asked of him.

Like I said, he's not perfect and I was happy with what Beane did. But Dareus got !@#$ed in Buffalo, in my opinion.

Just wait for to be fired in 3 years. Can't win in this league without talent, unless you have HOF QB.

Not just Dareus. It has been countless amounts of talent out the door since these guys have got here.

Sent Sammy out. He's a decoy in LA. Sent Gilmore out. Played terrible before he got hurt. J Willis isn't playing. Cardele sits. And we'll see with Dareus. Meantime guys like Hyde and Poyerare doing great for us.

They might just know more than you.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

We could have let Dareus play this year and next year. We cut him after 2018 with a post june cut and his dead cap was barely anything. The huge amount of additional cap space in 2019 and beyond is fictional.

It's part of the process. Beane and McDermott are going to take a couple of season to build the roster through the draft and then you fill in with free agents. They weren't going to be signing any big money deals this coming off-season, so the $14 million in dead cap space will not affect us at all. Might as well take the entire hit next year if you can do it and be free and clear from the contract entering the 2019 season.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

When he was put in, he did the job that was asked of him.

Like I said, he's not perfect and I was happy with what Beane did. But Dareus got !@#$ed in Buffalo, in my opinion.

He's had coaches try to coddle him and coaches that demand more of him. And for that he got a 100 million dollar contract.

How exactly is he mistreated?

It's part of the process. Beane and McDermott are going to take a couple of season to build the roster through the draft and then you fill in with free agents. They weren't going to be signing any big money deals this coming off-season, so the $14 million in dead cap space will not affect us at all. Might as well take the entire hit next year if you can do it and be free and clear from the contract entering the 2019 season.

We are 4-2, get to the frickin playoffs for one time in the last 17 damn years.

Indeed, some people are so blind that they are clueless and are quick to call others clueless while they attempt to justify a ridiculous trade.

Thanks.

Indeed, some people are so blind that they are clueless and are quick to call others clueless while they attempt to justify a ridiculous trade.

Thanks.

You have visions of the pre-contract Dareus in your head. It's fine to say let him play for two years. But when you can't count on his motivation to play every game, at an exorbitant cost, it's a problem.

He'll say all the right things inJville then notperform and/or get suspended. Watch.

He's had coaches try to coddle him and coaches that demand more of him. And for that he got a 100 million dollar contract.

How exactly is he mistreated?

I didn't say mistreated.

When he signed his contract, it was after a season in which he had 9 sacks and was a VISIBLE dominant force.

That wasn't his role in Rex Ryan's defense, but that didn't mean he wasn't playing well. It was just less flashy.

He endures two years of that ass hole and in comes McDermott. I like McDermott, but he's been a dick to Dareus since the day he got hired.

Dareus continued to do what he was asked to do.

I didn't say mistreated.

When he signed his contract, it was after a season in which he had 9 sacks and was a VISIBLE dominant force.

That wasn't his role in Rex Ryan's defense, but that didn't mean he wasn't playing well. It was just less flashy.

He endures two years of that ass hole and in comes McDermott. I like McDermott, but he's been a dick to Dareus since the day he got hired.

Dareus is asked to be late to meetings and games? Dareus is asked to loaf around on his limited snaps?

I think people need to get off this "top talent" stuff when talking about Dareus. Before he signed his big deal, he showed top talent play. But since? No.

The three biggest deals thus far are Sammy, Gilmore, and Dareus. Sammy is a decoy in LA, Gilmore was playing poorly in NE before he got hurt. Now we'll see about Dareus. But maybe, just maybe, McD and Beane know what they're doing.

Agreed. Dareus showed his talent for a very short period and that was a loooooooooooooong time ago. If he was on pace for a career year and caving in OLine interiors, this trade probably still happens but the return is better. Let someone else take the risk on a guy who has had MULTIPLE off the field problems and is one hot piss test away from being suspended for at least a season.

These are not the players you give top dollar to.

I didn't say mistreated.

Did he really? Come on now.

And since when is a coach asking a player to live by rules he demands of all his players mean the coach is a dick?

Maybe McNair is right. The inmates shouldn't run the asylum.

You have visions of the pre-contract Dareus in your head. It's fine to say let him play for two years. But when you can't count on his motivation to play every game, at an exorbitant cost, it's a problem.

He'll say all the right things inJville then notperform and/or get suspended. Watch.

....both Lynch and Peters wanted out and fared well respectively in Seattle and Philly.......difference is Dareus arrives in J'ville with an overstuffed wallet.........would be a bad move to test Coughlin or Marrone though......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

....both Lynch and Peters wanted out and fared well respectively in Seattle and Philly.......difference is Dareus arrives in J'ville with an overstuffed wallet.........would be a bad move to test Coughlin or Marrone though......

I may be in the minority here but I think he'll fare well in his new environment.

remains to be seen but one thing is certain and I agree, he leaves with a really nice overstuffed wallet and likely looking back and saying, suckers.

I know you aren't stupid, but it is stupid to ignore the positive financial implications of the trade. Dareus was, for Buffalo, a dead weight. That weight has been removed and that is a very, very good thing. Dareus may suddenly become a motivated player, the force he can be, but there is little to suggest that would have happened in Buffalo. Addition by subtraction with financial gain.

I may be in the minority here but I think he'll fare well in his new environment.

remains to be seen but one thing is certain and I agree, he leaves with a really nice overstuffed wallet and likely looking back and saying, suckers.

......could be right bud......but he'll need to re-tune his attitude because Coughlin and yes, Marrone are da fuhrers................

Wow. I am so excited.

myopic

Dareus is a fat lazy pig who only throws in a bit of effort when he feels like it. At least we didn't have to give somebody draft choices to take his fat salary off our hands, like Texas did with that quarterback. $16 million for what, 8 tackles? He's a stoner, an underachiever, and he had to go. I hope he likes playing for Marrone again. Obviously they will have issues.

As others have said, it's 'addition by subtraction'.

No doubt it was necessary, but wish we had gotten more than a 6th.

Try giving up a 2nd to get rid of Dareus. That's what Houston had to do with Osweiler. Edited by PromoTheRobot