Boldin does want to play football

MAJBobby

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't the OP's rumor. The OP provided a link to a report by the Boston Globe. It may (or may not) be bunk, but it wasn't a rumor started by the OP.

Yes I know. I was just being lazy typing on my phone. I didn't mean to make it sound like the OP wrote it. However, I will say that the OP is digging up and posting everything he can to try and discredit this team and staff. They haven't even played one football game together.

Edited by Scott7975

Yes I know. I was just being lazy typing on my phone. I didn't mean to make it sound like the OP wrote it. However, I will say that the OP is digging up and posting everything he can to try and discredit this team and staff. They haven't even played one football game together.

Ooo ooo someones feeings hurt i see

So does Boldin keep any of the money he got for signing in Buffalo? Did he get paid a few cool mill to retire? Whats the deal with that

None reportedly. Not even a workout bonus was listed for him. $2.5M with possibility of $4M.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/anquan-boldin-955/

For your information on last years figures for Lions:

SALARY $1,550,000
SIGNING $750,000
ROSTER $450,000
INCENTIVE $500,000
TOTAL $3,250,000
So he got more initially (signing bonus) and if he made roster he would have gotten $2,000,000 for $2,750,000 with less more available as incentives. He has played no less than 14 games per season with almost every game (198/202) started.
Edited by Limeaid

• 4 weeks later...

Wonder what Boldin is thinking now? I know he quit on the team, but wonder if he/we would reconsider playing. Know he looked slow in preseason, know he wants to save the world, but we may be down Matthews a while and could probably use a possession guy, if so. This team could make noise and he's a piece to add without having to make a trade. Just food for thought and conversation.

Wonder what Boldin is thinking now? I know he quit on the team, but wonder if he/we would reconsider playing. Know he looked slow in preseason, know he wants to save the world, but we may be down Matthews a while and could probably use a possession guy, if so. This team could make noise and he's a piece to add without having to make a trade. Just food for thought and conversation.

He could have stayed on, could have been a great mentor to Jones, could have helped Jones through the rough patch that he has started with, could have believed in the process instead of bailing when Sammy was traded. So in short, no thank you.

Later for him!!!! Bring up Brandon Reilly

Does anyone think he is 2nd guessing his retirement? Supposedly he retired as he believed the Bills weren't a contender and that he wanted to go to the Pats after Edelman's injury. 1/4 of the way through the year, the Bills are a game ahead of the Pats and are in need of receiving help. He would have been the perfect person, but i think he burned the bridge on the way out based on his Patriot comments. Thoughts?

Does anyone think he is 2nd guessing his retirement? Supposedly he retired as he believed the Bills weren't a contender and that he wanted to go to the Pats after Edelman's injury. 1/4 of the way through the year, the Bills are a game ahead of the Pats and are in need of receiving help. He would have been the perfect person, but i think he burned the bridge on the way out based on his Patriot comments. Thoughts?

He quit on the team before they even played a game. Let him sit out while the bills hold his rights.

If he didnt want to be here after a week why welcome him back? Because, we look good now? He was not the player he was. He struggled to get open in preseason I say no. I think Philly Brown can do enough and sure handed enough to minimize the loss of Matthews. To me the Wr group for the next month comes down to is Buffalo able to get Zay Jones some confidence. We do that he could be our #1 real quick. The reason for my optimism is the simple fact that a rookie Wr normally struggles with separation. So far that has not been the case. He is a natural catcher so Imo it will only a matter of time.

Edited by Mat68

If Boldin calls the Bills begging to come back, I wouldn't take him. He made his decision and that ship has sailed. Not to mention after he quit our team he says he'd consider playing for the Pats. Would not set a good example if he wanted to come back to open the door again for him. Move on

There is already thread on issue. Same issue discussed there.

https://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/195918-boldin-does-want-to-play-football/?hl=boldin