Boldin does want to play football

MAJBobby

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just not for the Bills. But all Moot because Bills hold his rights.

Intrigued in playing with NE.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/patriots/2017/09/02/nfl-season-offers-lot-look-forward/DD8QvB6u3Z325l2NLHjr6J/story.html

I dunno, seems pretty vague to me. There was mutual interest in the offseason. Boldin "remains intrigued" seems pretty vague to me.

Actual quote:

"In light of Edelman’s injury, a league source said the Patriots and recently retired Anquan Boldin had mutual interest in bringing Boldin to New England this offseason, and he remains intrigued by the possibility. But the point is likely moot. Boldin signed with the Bills, and was placed on Buffalo’s reserve/retired list Aug. 22. That means the Bills retain his rights, and they would need to release him in order to let him sign with the Patriots."

Boldin can say "of course I'm intrigued" to sound like he has a competitive pulse left, knowing the Bills have his rights and NE has not actually approached him or expressed interest.

I'd settle for a draft pick for Boldin

Sure. . .give me their 1st round pick and you can have him. Boldin now makes me sick to my stomach. I remember him being a team leader in Arizona. Now, he's just a jerk!

If NE wants him, we get their first round pick this year! If no, enjoy your year off, Boldin!

Much props to Boldin.

Saw this **** show for what it is and said Deuces

Yes, much props to Boldin. He knew with Sammy that they had a shot at winning a championship and now with Sammy gone and telegraphing the move of the Bills dumping their JAG backup RB, he knew it was time to bail.

Yes, much props to Boldin. He knew with Sammy that they had a shot at winning a championship and now with Sammy gone and telegraphing the move of the Bills dumping their JAG backup RB, he knew it was time to bail.

Yeah he is JAG. A 2nd year player on a 5th round Rookie Deal.

But hey the Bills kept their boys Ducasse Tolbert and traded for another Carolina WR with zero stats in three years.

Maybe you didn't understand my posts. I'm all for extracting a pick from the Pats for Boldin. But I want a significant pick. Not a 2020 7th. But you seem to want the Bills to be nice guys and just let Boldin go help the Pats for nothing. That I can't comprehend.

Right, you want something that is never going to happen.

I am good with pretty much anything at all.

If I told you that we signed a free agent in august, didn't work out and traded him a week later for ANYTHING you would be down for the outcome if not putting emotions in it

I'm dying to know what McDermott and/or Beane told Boldin to convince him to sign with the Bills in the first place.

If I told you that we signed a free agent in august, didn't work out and traded him a week later for ANYTHING you would be down for the outcome if not putting emotions in it

"Pretty much anything at all" isn't going to cut it in this situation. It wouldn't be a good look for anyone (except the Pats, of course).

Maybe you didn't understand my posts. I'm all for extracting a pick from the Pats for Boldin. But I want a significant pick. Not a 2020 7th. But you seem to want the Bills to be nice guys and just let Boldin go help the Pats for nothing. That I can't comprehend.

Boldin is lucky to have 1 good year left even with Brady at qb. Imo he is old and all but useless. Now, toss the fact that the Bills are going nowhere this season and yes, even a late round pick sounds good.

:lol:

But hey the Bills kept their boys Ducasse Tolbert and traded for another Carolina WR with zero stats in three years.

Ducasse and Williams aren't comparable. There is plenty of RB depth across the league. I could name some backup RBs, I couldn't name a single backup G. Every team has to cut a solid depth RB to make way for a crappy offensive lineman. There isn't another choice. Edited by HappyDays

True. But why do we want to help the Patriots out for little or nothing? Not to mention do a favor to a guy who made up a bulls##t excuse for quitting on us?

Boldin is over the hill and ridiculously slow. He is of value by his reputation alone and I doubt if he plays for anyone this season.

Yup. Like I said, I can't imagine anyone looked at his performance in the Eagles game and said "we need to have him," much less the Cheaters. I'm more leaning towards it being a bad source.

True. But why do we want to help the Patriots out for little or nothing? Not to mention do a favor to a guy who made up a bulls##t excuse for quitting on us?

Do you actually think that he helps the pats? I guess if gronk goes down he's a red zone target but that's pretty much it, even as a best case scenario.

I am 100% with you on this..i would rather have an extra 6th next year than whatever feeling of "victory" we have if we would not let him go if he wanted to go. $1M for a 6th round pick, it's Terry money, I am all good with it!

But I have still not seen 1 other person or source report anything about this, let alone Boldin. Amazing how people have crucified Boldin on here, and absolutely no one can confirm the story.

After reading that article I think the OP's rumor is fake.

It wasn't the OP's rumor. The OP provided a link to a report by the Boston Globe. It may (or may not) be bunk, but it wasn't a rumor started by the OP.

Not to mess with your Carolina crony narrative, but you realize that the Panthers signed Clay on April 7, 2017 right?

Umm of course it does. Even pulled out a couple posts below

But here it is again

■ In light of Edelmans injury, a league source said the Patriots and recently retired Anquan Boldin had mutual interest in bringing Boldin to New England this offseason, and he remains intrigued by the possibility. But the point is likely moot. Boldin signed with the Bills, and was placed on Buffalos reserve/retired list Aug. 22. That means the Bills retain his rights, and they would need to release him in order to let him sign with the Patriots. That sort of cooperation from a division rival doesnt seem likely.

Settle down with the Boldin hate, peeps. Note the phrase "this offseason". Per Wawrow tweet, can't even confirm any talks between Boldin and Patriots took place since his retirement.

"Remains intrigued" can mean anything - over a beer NE sportswriter says "how would you feel about playing for NE this season?" Boldin says "intriguing!" to be polite, knowing nothing will happen.

Could this be considered tampering?

No.

i say write him a sweet little card that say "get bent" and include the copy of his contract and the nflpa section that say he's our property and respect our authority

"He's our property"? Geeebus Boyst. No, he is not "our property". The Bills do retain his football rights, and if he ever were to request release to play for another team, I'm sure the Bills would inform him and the other team of same.

No "sweet little cards" need be sent based on unconfirmed press rumors, that's just wrong

screen-shot-2017-01-01-at-4-07-38-pm-cop

He tries that in NE and he's going here:

800.jpg