Boldin does want to play football

MAJBobby

Shocking. So the reason he gave for his retirement was disingenuous sanctimonious BS. Sorry, don't like the guy, hope he never gets to play

Edited by stevewin

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Boldin quit because Sammy got traded?

That would mean that Boldin would get more passes his way.

Was that too much of a work load for a 14 year vet?

Right on man, why wouldn't someone want more catches. In my opinion he was told about all the run blocking he didn't know about in Tyrods offense before he signed so he Bolted. Edited by xRUSHx

Watkins is a very talented WR, his talent is a great combo with almost any QB.

In my opinion Watkins told Boldin he would be blocking more then catching here. Sure Watkins was great in 2015, just throw it up and he will run and catch it. It's what great WRs do.

Just run and catch. it's so easy. Any QB could do it. Except they can't. Peterman doesn't have a good deep ball....And Boldin knew already what type of offense they ran here before he signed.. When they traded watkins and Darby, it showed they weren't committed to winning this season.

Right on man, why wouldn't someone want more catches it's why I think he was told about all the run blocking is why he Bolted.

"he was told" had no clue what offense was run when he signed. :wallbash:

You don't stop being a joke by continuing to be a joke.

Getting a pick for him is not a joke. The Bills are going nowhere in 2017.

Whoever said it was disgraceful for Boldin to use Charlottesville as an excuse had it right. Man of the year my ass.

Then he should have come out and embarrassed the Bills organization by stating that they stink and are not committed to winning, and promised him a WR group that wasn't true. that would have gone over good.

They were 5-3 without him

These are some of the worst, most superficial arguments someone can make.

Anquan confirms what most of us suspected. He came here under false pretenses, and when confronted with reality, bailed.

McBeane "untarnishing" the brand, one trade at a time. Billsy.

Edited by jmc12290

Blind quote from some chowderhead beat reporter = 11 page (and counting) TSW Meltdown.

Classic.

It's embarrassing really.

Funnier still is the people who think Boldin is in the RIGHT if this is true. If that random Patriots beat writer is correct, that is a big story! Boldin lied about retiring for social justice. He would be heavily criticized by a ton of people in the media. It makes no sense at all.

Then he should have come out and embarrassed the Bills organization by stating that they stink and are not committed to winning, and promised him a WR group that wasn't true. that would have gone over good.

That would have been more honest of him and less douchey than using a tragedy to cover his chicken ass. Either way we hold his rights, so high pick or sit yo' ass.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Did it ever occur to some of you that Boldin can save the world from evil AND play for the Patriots* at the same time??d

No No No and No.

Boldin himself said he needed to retire so he could save the world. And we all know he was not lying. :) Last I checked world has still not been saved,

So answer is NO.

Edited by cba fan

No surprise. Obviously the whole civil right bs was just that, BS...

And mighty convenient timing I might add.

I'm surprised any Bills fans really believed it, to be honest. i didn't. It was obvious after those trades why he got out.

It's embarrassing really.

Funnier still is the people who think Boldin is in the RIGHT if this is true. If that random Patriots beat writer is correct, that is a big story! Boldin lied about retiring for social justice. He would be heavily criticized by a ton of people in the media. It makes no sense at all.

He will not be criticized. If he was white and a Trump support then of course yes he would be ripped to shreds by media and public.

I'm surprised any Bills fans really believed it, to be honest. i didn't. It was obvious after those trades why he got out.

Also surprising reporters played up the noble move of giving football for social justice. Even when it was obvious BS.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I think it's a case of if faced with getting beat up for a pay check he'd rather do civic rights but if a chance to win a ring that's a dream he'd chase. Not super nefarious or duplicitous really.

I think it's a case of if faced with getting beat up for a pay check he'd rather do civic rights but if a chance to win a ring that's a dream he'd chase. Not super nefarious or duplicitous really.

Maybe, but he could have just refused Buffalo in the first place. He didn't.

This is a business. If Boldin had been a career long Bill I'd maybe be more charitable, but since he is not and we have his rights I'd say screw him and the Pats unless the price is right. Pats would do the same thing if the situation was reversed.

These are some of the worst, most superficial arguments someone can make.

Anquan confirms what most of us suspected. He came here under false pretenses, and when confronted with reality, bailed.

McBeane "untarnishing" the brand, one trade at a time. Billsy.

I respectfully disagree with you about Sammy. Please give me one example where Sammy single handily won the game. If he is as great as some of you proclaim, there should be plenty of examples in the 37 games he has played in a Bills uniform. I am a Buffalo Bills fan and want to see them win. I enjoyed watching Sammy play, he does have talent, I will give him that. But the Miami game did it for me. He has no heart to win and no one can argue against that fact when you watch the Miami game. He had a great game stats wise, but when they absolutely needed to keep moving the chains, he lacked heart and effort. When he stepped out of bounds without the first down, with 4 minutes left in overtime, in a must win game to stay alive in the playoff hunt, he was dead to me. I for one, am glad they got rid of him.

This is the same guy that talked about divas in the locker room?

I respectfully disagree with you about Sammy. Please give me one example where Sammy single handily won the game. If he is as great as some of you proclaim, there should be plenty of examples in the 37 games he has played in a Bills uniform. I am a Buffalo Bills fan and want to see them win. I enjoyed watching Sammy play, he does have talent, I will give him that. But the Miami game did it for me. He has no heart to win and no one can argue against that fact when you watch the Miami game. He had a great game stats wise, but when they absolutely needed to keep moving the chains, he lacked heart and effort. When he stepped out of bounds without the first down, with 4 minutes left in overtime, in a must win game to stay alive in the playoff hunt, he was dead to me. I for one, am glad they got rid of him.

Against the Vikings, jets, and lions his rookie year. Against the dolphins and jets his next year. He didn't play much last year but he was the only offensive player doing much of anything last year against the dolphins in Buffalo, although we lost. Maybe if carp hit his kick. Edited by Elite Poster

What a surprise! Apparently all those who bought the Pollyanna platitudes instead of seeing the obvious. Boldin , upon leaving the Bills ,read a pre-fab statement that was written while pondering retirement in the summer. He saw the tear-own taking place around him and realized it was not what he was told. No, this was not an embarrassment for the FO and had zero to do with the team's direction, lol.

Sal Maiorana Retweeted Bills Daily

Man, if this is true, this is exactly what I said when he retired. Exactly. But I was a jerk for suggesting he knew the #Bills were terrible

Replying to @salmaiorana

Says more about the #Bills than Boldin. Respect him for not calling them out when he left.

Blind quote from some chowderhead beat reporter = 11 page (and counting) TSW Meltdown.

Classic.

Seriously? It's a football conversation. This is a football message board.

What else would you like to talk about. Feel free to start a thread anytime.

He should be allowed to play wherever he wants to play and for whatever organization that would be willing to take him on. His signing here made little sense for our team that is undergoing a transtion.

I doubt that New England is very interested in him because they just got another receiver in their trade with the Colts.

He shouldn't have signed.

When they traded Watkins, that is when I think he had second thoughts. They sold him on the WR corp, and then turned around and traded the best WR on the roster. I may have retired too.

Really? He signed in Buffalo where making the playoffs, even with Sammy, was highly questionable?

His evaluating skills need sharpening.

Feel free to start a thread anytime.

Lol, with a comment like that, I'm guessing you joined TSW in March of this year.

Anywho, my point is it's funny how so many are rushing to fill in the many gaps of this unconfirmed story with a narrative of their choosing, and how many flashpoints it touches on. Our new FO, the Pats, world news...

Sal Maiorana Retweeted Bills Daily

Man, if this is true, this is exactly what I said when he retired. Exactly. But I was a jerk for suggesting he knew the #Bills were terrible

Replying to @salmaiorana

Says more about the #Bills than Boldin. Respect him for not calling them out when he left.

So now we "respect" lying and PR over actions?

Not me. Be honest, tell it like it is. I lose all respect for someone when they are disingenuous.

And lets not pretend he didn't say that because he didn't want to offend the Bills. He did it because he knew he could get some positive PR in the process of jumping ship. He didn't even do a good job of hiding it.

I disagree. It's simply impossible for any single player in the NFL to "singlehandedly" win a game. Let alone a WR.

He's a great talent.