• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jake Plummer

Marshawb Lynch

Brett Farve

To name some

Jake Plummer was traded to Tampa and then retired. Never came back

Marshawn Lynch doesn't qualify as Seattle got something for his rights

Brett Farve you are correct. He retired, came back and was then traded to the Jets. The Jets were stupid and released him and then he signed with the Vikes.

I still think its stupid for teams to start releasing retired players. It can set a bad trend in motion with unhappy players retiring and then just going where they want. There is a reason teams still hold rights to players that are retired.

Yeah, letting Hogan go made me sick.

I thought the it was wrong to keep our other WRs and let Hogan go, but Hogan really reached his potential when he had Brady throwing perfectly timed darts to him. He isn't a TT kind of receiver. Hogan will NOT want to come back, and if he was traded here would go back to NE as soon as he could.

way to present yourself boldin. retire because you want to pursue your calling in society only to come back and claim you still want to play the game. just not for the buffalo bills.

loser/quitter

Show me where he said he wants to come back?

Herve you considered that the douche bag Mass hole reporter was making up crap?

Thank you!

i say write him a sweet little card that say "get bent" and include the copy of his contract and the nflpa section that say he's our property and respect our authority

Curious if the BIlls got the $1M signing bonus back...of if he kept it like Harvin kept his last year If I was the Pegula's and McBeane, I would make damn sure I got that money back and everyonein the league knew it .

Boldin's been one of the true good guys in the league for more than a decade. The Bills shouldn't stand in the way of letting him go out with a contender for the sake of what we all know is going to be another lost season.

That said, they should get SOMETHING from NE to allow this to happen, so long as they don't make a ridiculous demand. If NE wants him, a sixth rounder doesn't seem crazy.

i disagree. He fed us a load of crap about being "all in" for a year once he committed to a team and then he flaked and "retired" when he got here. He deserves no courtesy from us to chase a ring.

They feed him a lot of crap about being all in and it starts with one and then they traded to good young players for downgrades.

But yeah, let's get tough with Boldin. It will definitely help with FAs when you combine the losing and bad weather.

He looked old and slow in the Eagles game.

He is old and slow. He also caught 8 tds and is a great leader.

Our offense looks like poop.

I still can't see how the Cheaters would want Boldin. They had a chance to sign him before the Bills did, and passed. He played like crap in pre-season and they looked at him and said "yeah, we want him"? But the Bills retain his rights so it's not like they are/can mess with them. Very odd.

Edelman was healthy when they had the chance

They feed him a lot of crap about being all in and it starts with one and then they traded to good young players for downgrades.

But yeah, let's get tough with Boldin. It will definitely help with FAs when you combine the losing and bad weather.

Getting "tough" with a guy is not allowing him to join a division rival for free?

Ok, guess we're being tough then. Otherwise we'd be dumb. Rather be tough than dumb.

Edited by likei've

1) he tried to not embarrass Buffalo by saying he thought they were a joke after the moves they made.

2). He wasn't given what he was promised when he signed here.

3). I would try to get a 7th but with a guy that respected, you just release him.

I agree with this. They trade Watkins and Darby and said it was to win now and in the future. There's only 5-6 WR's in the league you trade Watkins for to win now. Boldin nicely left.

I believe there's issues in that locker room and I've thought it for a while.

He is old and slow. He also caught 8 tds and is a great leader.

Our offense looks like poop.

You're assuming that FAs care about anything other than money.

I don't believe that. Money talks when a player is cashing in on his "big" contract. Winning and weather are just possible bonuses.

You're assuming that FAs care about anything other than money.

I don't believe that. Money talks when a player is cashing in on his "big" contract. Winning and weather are just possible bonuses.

See the players NE signs for low money deals.

Winning matters more than you think.

Boldin's been one of the true good guys in the league for more than a decade. The Bills shouldn't stand in the way of letting him go out with a contender for the sake of what we all know is going to be another lost season.

That said, they should get SOMETHING from NE to allow this to happen, so long as they don't make a ridiculous demand. If NE wants him, a sixth rounder doesn't seem crazy.

First off, this is all conjecture.

However, as good a guy as he's been, if he lied in a way that made him look heroic, that's messed up and he made his own bed. I'm with you on getting something from NE, but while maybe not a ridiculous demand, they should get a little more than normal for him for their troubles, maybe up that 6th to a 4th.

Again, hopefully, this is just a fake story.

Also, can we quit it on the woe-is-us "this is a lost season." This team is not as historically bad as most people are making it out to be. They're likely even not bad. Let's try to enjoy the season.

Jake Plummer was traded to Tampa and then retired. Never came back

Marshawn Lynch doesn't qualify as Seattle got something for his rights

Brett Farve you are correct. He retired, came back and was then traded to the Jets. The Jets were stupid and released him and then he signed with the Vikes.

I still think its stupid for teams to start releasing retired players. It can set a bad trend in motion with unhappy players retiring and then just going where they want. There is a reason teams still hold rights to players that are retired.

Point was this has been set long ago. Players retiring to get what they want. Or not play.

When did the Boston Globe sports writers get this much credibility? This is worse than the threads about following Pegula's jet.

So a news agency writes something you dont like. Scream Fake News and credibility issues. Guess it is standard in todays America

If he retired because of Charlottesville he's one of the dumbest mother!@#$ers to ever suit up. What was he going to do? Go do ? to fight the "white supremacist" boogeyman? Two words: Pompous douche.

I hope they don't cut this guy loose. The only thing he deserves is the opportunity to learn a lesson.

Misconception about Tyrod had him sign with Buffalo, seen first hand Tyrod in practice and decided to run like hell, I don't blame him. To bad for him Buffalo should own his rights to compensation.

If he retired because of Charlottesville he's one of the dumbest mother!@#$ers to ever suit up. What was he going to do? Go do ? to fight the "white supremacist" boogeyman? Two words: Pompous douche.

I hope they don't cut this guy loose. The only thing he deserves is the opportunity to learn a lesson.

It's a good thing everyone is thinking about this rationally and not using it to fit whatever narrative they believe is true.

So a news agency writes something you dont like. Scream Fake News and credibility issues. Guess it is standard in todays America

You're a better poster than this. Use some common sense Bobby. Why does some random Patriots beat writer know that Boldin is secretly contemplating coming out of retirement? Why does no one else have this story? Why was it not reported as the headline, why was it thrown in with a bunch of random crap? Why would Boldin even consider this knowing what that would look like? Nothing about this adds up. Unless you have a narrative you already want to be true, then you can make this story fit. Here in the real world it doesn't make sense.

Edited by HappyDays

It's a good thing everyone is thinking about this rationally and not using it to fit whatever narrative they believe is true.

You're a better poster than this. Use some common sense Bobby. Why does some random Patriots beat writer know that Boldin is secretly contemplating coming out of retirement? Why does no one else have this story? Why was it not reported as the headline, why was it thrown in with a bunch of random crap? Why would Boldin even consider this knowing what that would look like? Nothing about this adds up. Unless you have a narrative you already want to be true, then you can make this story fit. Here in the real world it doesn't make sense.

Again league Source tends to be more right then wrong when it comes to the league.

And because like the article says it really is all Moot while Bills hold his rights

Edited by MAJBobby

At this point I'd trade his rights to the Jets for a bag of deflated footballs and last years Geno Smith practice jersey.

If he came out and said he was retiring because of a change in focus from what he was promised...fine. But if he was using the horrid acts in Charlottesville as a cover...yea can't respect that.

At this point I'd trade his rights to the Jets for a bag of deflated footballs and last years Geno Smith practice jersey.

If he came out and said he was retiring because of a change in focus from what he was promised...fine. But if he was using the horrid acts in Charlottesville as a cover...yea can't respect that.

....Jesus talk about punishment......hell I'd call Kavorkian..........

Show me where he said he wants to come back?

Thank you!

Curious if the BIlls got the $1M signing bonus back...of if he kept it like Harvin kept his last year If I was the Pegula's and McBeane, I would make damn sure I got that money back and everyonein the league knew it .

yeah, I don't get it. The story doesn't show that he's itching to come back or Expressed a true statement that he's trying to come back. For the most part this looks like gobbledygook in just a story to have a story

Regardless of that he quit and if he quit that easy then he never should have signed to begin with. It was a dirtball move and I have no respect for the man that does that. You sign a contract, and I can get it some things do change but you sign a contract and a week later you're done. Poppycock