Boldin does want to play football

MAJBobby

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Misconception about Tyrod had him sign with Buffalo, seen first hand Tyrod in practice and decided to run like hell, I don't blame him. To bad for him Buffalo should own his rights to compensation.

It's no coincidence that he retired right after the Watkins trade. And the one pre season game he was in, TT completed four straight to Watkins. The trolling continues from you.

I think anyone that thinks it would look good for the Bills free agency wise to let him go is adopting a myopic view.

I can see the narrative all year. Pats saved Boldin from the talent black hole Buffalo Bills.

Further cementing the reputation as New England is where you go to play meaningful games and Buffalo is where you go to die.

I dont even think I'd trade him there for a pick now. God forbid we hang with them in a game and Boldin's the one to get the final points or get a huge first down. Then we're the joke team that traded him for a 6th round pick and furthering the reputation we don't care about winning.

There are much larger ramifications than you'd initially think.

Edited by likei've

Bolden retirement had everything to do with the Sammy and Darby trades. He was sold on a team that was still focused on winning this year. Bolden made it clear when signed he was still wanting a championship, and I'm sure that was stressed in negotiations. He was sold he could get that in Buffalo.

Then a couple of weeks later Buffalo trades their best receiver and corner. Moves that made the team weaker. Bolden could have gone to the media and called the team out. Whined and complained. Said he was lied to. But he's a classy pro. He took the high road and said he wanted to focus on social issues instead of play.

The Bills should do the right thing and let him go. It's not his fault Buffalo made those trades. Buffalo misled him, and I would bet a ton that had the trades come before he signied he would have passed.

Bolden is a hall of famer and he handled the whole situation with class and grace. The Bills owe him the same if winning a championship still burns bright inside if him. Let him go so he can chase after what we all want.

Edited by dezertbill

I think anyone that thinks it would look good for the Bills free agency wise to let him go is adopting a myopic view.

I can see the narrative all year. Pats saved Boldin from the Buffalo.

Further cementing the reputation as New England is where you go to play meaningful games and Buffalo is where you go to die.

I dont even think I'd trade him there for a pick now. God forbid we hang with them in a game and Boldin's the one to get the final points or get a huge first down. Then we're the joke team that traded him for a 6th round pick and furthering the reputation we don't care about winning.

Bigger ramifications than you'd initially think.

The Bills have been a joke for a long , long time. They are not respected whether, or not Boldin goes to NE.

Bolden retirement had everything to do with the Sammy and Darby trades. He was sold on a team that was still focused on winning this year. Bolden made it clear when signed he was still wanting a championship, and I'm sure that was stressed in negotiations. He was sold he could get that in Buffalo.

Then a couple of weeks later Buffalo trades their best receiver and corner. Moves that made the team weaker. Bolden could have gone to the media and called the team out. Whined and complained. Said he was lied to. But he's a classy pro. He took the high road and said he wanted to focus on social issues instead of play.

The Bills should do the right thing and let him go. It's not his fault Buffalo made those trades. Buffalo misled him, and I would bet a ton that had the trades come before he signied he would have passed.

Bolden is a hall of famer and he handled the whole situation with class and grace. The Bills owe him the same if winning a championship still burns bright inside if him. Let him go so he can chase after what we all want.

Excellent post.

..although we'll never know, this is a very plausible explanation....very first day of practice, he called the receiving squad over post practice for a meeting......seemed to me like he was taking a leadership role immediately....

Yeah, great idea. Just keep adding to the Pats stellar rep so players will continue to choose them over us. It's genius really. Edited by likei've

It's a good thing everyone is thinking about this rationally and not using it to fit whatever narrative they believe is true.

I know you're being a smartass, but the more rationally you think about it the more absurd it becomes. What rational argument makes sense?

The guy's just an opportunist who tried to take advantage of a situation to try to help his image.

It's no coincidence that he retired right after the Watkins trade. And the one pre season game he was in, TT completed four straight to Watkins. The trolling continues from you.

Ha, whatever man. Truth is good WRs go where the good QBs are, in my opinion Sammy talked with him and said get while you can man staying here all you do is block for Tyrod running. No such thing as a great WR in Buffalo with a QB like Tyrod, run like hell Boldin you have been lied to.

I agree of course.

Post 166 has it right. They want respect, then don't promise a roster to get Boldin signed here, then turn around and trade your starting CB and best WR.

The NFL isn't the goodwill games.

You think if Boldin wins a championship with the Pats people will look fondly on the Bills for allowing it to happen? No.

It'll just help people to remember that the you go to New England to win. That's it.

The NFL isn't the goodwill games.

You think if Boldin wins a championship with the Pats people will look fondly on the Bills for allowing it to happen? No.

It'll just help people to remember that the you go to New England to win. That's it.

NE will probably win another SB. They can do it with or without Boldin.

Ha, whatever man. Truth is good WRs go where the good QBs are, in my opinion Sammy talked with him and said get while you can man staying here all you do is block for Tyrod running. No such thing as a great WR in Buffalo with a QB like Tyrod, run like hell Boldin you have been lied to.

When Watkins was healthy in 2015, TT and him were one of the best combos in the NFL......It is no coincidence that Boldin retired right after the Watkins, Darby trades.

Can't do that giving players away to already better teams in your division.

Shouldn't even have to say that.

Shortsighted.

I'd agree in some cases. I do not think boldin is that case.

Like I said- normally I'm all for maximizing team control in pretty much any situation like this (called out numerous places I thought we whiffed in that regard this offseason).... this one doesn't bother me- emotionally or logically. I don't think he's a very good player at this point. If he was sold on us pushing hard this year I'm not upset by him feeling duped potentially. Sooooo, it feels pretty "whatever" on this one.

Misconception about Tyrod had him sign with Buffalo, seen first hand Tyrod in practice and decided to run like hell, I don't blame him. To bad for him Buffalo should own his rights to compensation.

so in your opinion sammy talked to him, get while you can, huh. seen tyrod in practice and decided to run like hell.

yeah, if I was going to make something up, it would be exactly like this right here.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Bolden could have gone to the media and called the team out. Whined and complained. Said he was lied to. But he's a classy pro. He took the high road and said he wanted to focus on social issues instead of play.

Bolden is a hall of famer and he handled the whole situation with class and grace.

Give me a break. He QUIT. Then he lied about why he quit. F him.

The Bills have been a joke for a long , long time. They are not respected whether, or not Boldin goes to NE.

So are you saying the Bills would earn respect by letting Boldin and the Pats walk all over them?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1) he tried to not embarrass Buffalo by saying he thought they were a joke after the moves they made.

2). He wasn't given what he was promised when he signed here.

3). I would try to get a 7th but with a guy that respected, you just release him.

I would normally agree with you, but I'm sorry, I just can't see letting him go to our arch rival for nothing. Mr Walter Payton Man of the Year decides he doesn't want to play for the Bills for whatever reason(s), whether it was the Sammy trade, realizing he didn't want to play for the Bills after all, wanting to help heal the world after the Charlottesville massacre, etc. The bottom line is, he signed a contract to play for us, we have his rights, and if we can get ANYTHING to help improve this team, let's get it. And the fact that it's the Patriots we're talking about only solidifies my sentiments that we get something in exchange for him. This is the team that has made headlines for how they've taken our players, turning them into solid starters while we get nothing in return.

I don't care what we get for him, as long as it's something. Regardless of what it is, the media will still make it look like the Patriots got the better of us once again.

When Watkins was healthy in 2015, TT and him were one of the best combos in the NFL......It is no coincidence that Boldin retired right after the Watkins, Darby trades.

Watkins is a very talented WR, his talent is a great combo with almost any QB.

In my opinion Watkins told Boldin he would be blocking more then catching here. Sure Watkins was great in 2015, just throw it up and he will run and catch it. It's what great WRs do.

So to be clear - when Boldin gives the generic answer "I want to win a championship" we take him at his word. But when he gives a long heartfelt speech about why he's retiring, he is a liar?

Really shocked at how many Bills "fans" feel so generous towards the Patriots. "Just give him to them."

Nobody forced Boldin to sign with Buffalo. That was his choice...as was it his choice to subsequently walk away. If he wants to play, let another team compensate the Bills. Otherwise, keep fighting against social injustice, Anquan. I'm sure you haven't eradicated it just yet...

So to be clear - when Boldin gives the generic answer "I want to win a championship" we take him at his word. But when he gives a long heartfelt speech about why he's retiring, he is a liar?

Well it seems Boldin's heartfelt desire to champion for social justice went out the window, didn't it.