So Boldin retired?

No one is giving Beane enough credit. He is a master conspirator. It's all been planned out the moment he took office. How to tank but still sell the season to gullible fans?

1. Don't sign key free agents in off season-Too expensive

2. Replace above in draft - cheaper and younger

3. Keep mediocre QB as best chance to win

4. Hype #1 wr before preseason.

5. Work out deal with future HOF to sign for a week and then retire

6. Get everyone excited for playoff run

6. Sell lots of tickets

7. Get everyone to buy in

8. Spring the trap and roll in the tank.

9. There's more to come.

;)

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't blame him, either. Having a QB like TT didn't help matters, I'm sure.

But, anyways...I hope you are right. The next logical step for this franchise is to try and land the best QB in the draft, and tanking gives us the best odds for that.

I'm ready...bring on the tank!

Then why the heck did he sign here in the first place? Is he (and his agent) really that stupid and unaware of who is the QB in Buffalo just a couple weeks ago when he signed the deal to come here?

Tanking worked so well for Pegulas other team..............

Then why the heck did he sign here in the first place? Is he (and his agent) really that stupid and unaware of who is the QB in Buffalo just a couple weeks ago when he signed the deal to come here?

Tanking worked so well for Pegulas other team..............

Yeah, I knew the stupid Oilers would get like their 3Rd first overall pick in the last decade with McDavid, despite the Sabres having a the best chance at getting that pick. It did work out for the Oilers, eventually.

We need to trade McCoy and Tyrod. Rebuilding hurts, but it has to be done. When we get our QB, it wouldn't matter who we have at WR. A good QB makes a mediocre WR look good it's never the other way around.

AJ Green. Larry Fitzgerald. Andre Johnson. Eric Moulds. Steve Smith Sr. Terrell Owens.

These are just a few of the great NFL WRs who have made mediocre QBs look good. There are many more.

There are many ways to build a winning team in the NFL. Burning down the roster and expecting a rookie franchise QB to be successful is not one of them.

I can picture the stress on Beane face now. Probably thinking how the heck am i gonna explain this in the next interview.

Doesn't get much worse than this for him. For him to speak so highly about Boldin to just see him quit the league. Man.

Only thing that would top this is if he spoke highly about his marriage and loyalty and then someone showed him a live video of his wife in a 3some, with Sammy and Darby. Yikes.

Edited by HuSeYiN_NYC

Boldin should read this post, and reconsider............

Hey Boldin,

You're the perfect fit for our team........

Tyrod can't hit a speedster over the middle in stride.........

We need a guy just like YOU, running slow motion across the middle.........

wave your arms and shout "Hey Tyrod" "look at me, I'm open"............

And 10 seconds later, he will throw you the ball.........

There's 50 catches for you this season, just like that............

Come on, man, why you wanna quit ???

Edited by B Fan in LA

I bet McCoy is next.

What else is he going to say.

Wanted to spend more time with his family.

I believe him. I have no reason to doubt him.

Who knows......maybe they looked at him running down the field with the speed of Herman Munstera and decided they would cut him but gave him the chance to retire to save him that embarrassment.

Lol and too true. Perfect. I think Herman was a punter though.

Not a tank, they traded Herschel Walker.

The team was 3-13 the year before.

They did a lot more than that by turning their entire roster over, but yes the Walker deal was the key to facilitate said turnover.

They also got Troy with the first pick in the draft before the HW trade.

So our WR corps is looking worse than last year. We're going to be bad this year aren't we? Yeah, we probably are.

I really think our D is gonna be pretty good. But our O will likely be bad.

As another poster in another thread said: 2014 all over again.

This is just getting sad.

We need to trade McCoy and Tyrod. Rebuilding hurts, but it has to be done. When we get our QB, it wouldn't matter who we have at WR. A good QB makes a mediocre WR look good it's never the other way around.

Never?

Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson say hello.

@spotrac

With Boldin out of the fold, the #Bills have just $8.9M in 2017 cap allocated to 12 WRs, 4th fewest in the league.

Without checking, I am gonna guess Carolina might have even fewer cap dollars tied up in wideouts this year than Buffalo. The not paying for receivers is something I expect to be a calling card for this regime.

Why can't we have nice things?

We can...we just trade them away

Without checking, I am gonna guess Carolina might have even fewer cap dollars tied up in wideouts this year than Buffalo. The not paying for receivers is something I expect to be a calling card for this regime.

So no superstar WRs for this team.....wonderful....what will they pay for?

So no superstar WRs for this team.....wonderful....what will they pay for?

So I have now checked. The Bills are 29th in total WR $$s spend in 2017 the Panthers have a little more committed ($13.3m) and are 26th. If you want to know where the Panthers typically have money tied up it is obviously Quarterback where Cam has a cap hit over $20m (on a deal signed 2 years ago that is firmly in that middle rung of NFL QBs now) and Derek Anderson is one of the better, and better paid, backups. They also have big money tied up on their defensive line. Two very well paid DTs (sound familiar?) and decent money on edge guys too. They pay their center well, they carry pretty big running back cap hits (mainly cos of Stewart), have a well paid tight end and the highest cap hit for a kicker in the league. Already that sounds not dissimilar to the Bills cash breakdown. However, where they do have a significantly different profile to the Bills cap position is at linebacker. Do Beane and McDermott believe in paying a MLB big money or is Kuechly just that good that he is a special case? The Bills instead have a franchise LT tied up and are paying a veteran guard (Carolina's got two good young guards still on rookie deals but they don't have a recent history of paying big on the line beyond their center - after Jordan Gross retired they have mainly sifted through other people's FA trash for a starting LT - Michael Oher and now Matt Kalil).

So I think there you have it.... expect money to go on the front 7 on defense and on what they see as "leadership positions" more generally.

he looked pretty much done to me anyway; never understood why he signed with a no-QB, rebuilding team in the first place. the trades/tank prospects scared him off. I don't blame him, really. just wait until the guys with big contracts start quitting on the effort about mid season this year; watch how many guys go on tropical vacations during the bye week. gonna have to hold your nose this year. it will get bad I fear

Edited by jmcraig44

there are 20 players on Carolina with a cap hit higher than the highest paid WR.

as soon as Beane/McD passed on Sammy's 5th year option.....I started saying he is GONE.

so yea, going forward, I don't see a high paid WR on roster anytime soon

Boldin leaving as much as $4 mil on table is mostly on Boldin (not beane/mcd)......I suppose he realized the Bills do not have a legit shot at a championship

And I love how people are saying "trade Shady!" now, like any team will eat that contract.

It's basically $6m per year and would come with pretty much no penalty to get out of at any time. I think shady could get 3 years, 18m and no guarantee on the open market.

I don't expect a trade but not as big a stretch as some portray

Edited by NoSaint

It's basically $6m per year and would come with pretty much no penalty to get out of at any time. I think shady could get 3 years, 18m and no guarantee on the open market.

I don't expect a trade but not as big a stretch as some portray

Yep. That contract has basically stopped being prohibitive for a trade now.

Think you are right. I know for a fact they believe in not paying CB's that why they run a cover 3 zone scheme. I am thinking the only positions they may pay for on offense is the QB and lineman. On defense its linebackers and pass rushers and maybe safties. That is it

Edited by Protocal69

This part is obvious. It's also obvious that he had no better options to stay in the league since the Bills were a long shot bet to begin with. He had a great career but he probably should have retired a year or two ago.

Edited by vincec