So Boldin retired?

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man can you imagine what the players must feel like for this **** to go down. I bet morale is at an all time low. Trading TT's best WR and the teams best player. Guess what else you have to build now over the next 5 years. A belief in this GM and coach. I dont think it happens. They have shown how they do business.

Umm. The team's best player is Shady. Watkins showed flashes but he doesn't belong in the same conversation yet.

He retired because he cannot play physically anymore, his speed is totally gone and he looked so slow it made Dareus look fast.

What concerns me the most is that our GM and HC signed him because they thought he could play. I'm not sure but don't they have tryouts or at least watch him run route's? If they did we might have the worst talent evaluators in the NFL.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

I don't believe that they would have made the Watkins deal if they knew Boldin was going to retire. Could be wrong, but I believe that trade was made partly because they believed that Matthews, Boldin and JOnes would make a solid trio at WR. Now they're down to 1 1/2 receivers. Not good. Boldin should have lived up to his commitment.

Actually, I don't think they make the Boldin deal if they knew they were dealing SW. Boldin was a mentor more than a useful player if what we saw Thursday night is any indication.

Has anyone seen any training camp reports that talked about AB getting open?

No, he wasn't. He was going down the Philly depth chart. He was expendable because they added better players--something our new front office doesn't understand.

The fact that the Philadelphia Eagles have some actual NFL wide receivers now is just so ... refreshing ... after watching a painfully disastrous wide receiving corps each and every week last year.

Now that the Eagles officially have both Alshon Jeffery (story here) and Torrey Smith (story here) in the fold, let’s take a look at Philadelphia’s 2017 depth chart at wide receiver.

PROJECTED 2017 EAGLES WIDE RECEIVER DEPTH CHART

1 - ALSHON JEFFERY!

2 - Torrey Smith

3 - Jordan Matthews

4 - (Rookie?)

5 - Nelson Agholor

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2017/3/9/14875690/philadelphia-eagles-2017-wide-receiver-depth-chart-alshon-jeffery-torrey-smith-jordan-matthews-nfl

Yeah he is 3rd on depth chart because he is a slot reciever... but just because you are a slot reciever and 3rd on depth chart doesnt mean you are not the primary reciever. Jarvis Landry is #3 slot reciever but he is actually their #1. Julian Endelman is same way for Patriots. Matthews was probably their #2 overall reciever behind Alshon but was #1 bedorw his arrival

I don't believe that they would have made the Watkins deal if they knew Boldin was going to retire. Could be wrong, but I believe that trade was made partly because they believed that Matthews, Boldin and JOnes would make a solid trio at WR. Now they're down to 1 1/2 receivers. Not good. Boldin should have lived up to his commitment.

Did you see the game? I'm just asking. I think he would have if he could've