So Boldin retired?

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He retired because he cannot play physically anymore, his speed is totally gone and he looked so slow it made Dareus look fast.

What concerns me the most is that our GM and HC signing him because they thought he could play. I'm not sure but don't they have tryouts or at least watch him run route? If they did they we might have the worst talent evaluators in the NFL.

again, did they bother to work out the mo fo before signing him?

Sorry - but that is the most ridiculous retirement announcement I've ever seen. It's one thing to say in the offseason you're deciding to devote your life to human rights and decide to retire, but to use it an an excuse weeks after you sign a contract is complete BS (especially after the team seems to be heading downhill and you look like you can't run a go route without falling down or having to stop for a sandwich) Lost a lot of respect for him as a person honestly.

Edited by stevewin

Good.

95% of his value was to help get Sammy to his potential.

Zay Jones doesn't need that mentoring......he grew up in an NFL family.

Ok, but remember last week when Beane gave interviews saying, in substance, we wouldn't sign Boldin if we were tanking? Beane is already running out of rope.

@JimTrotter_NFL

Statement from Anquan Boldin on his decision to retire:

DHtmU_oVwAAIzDR.jpg

This actually kind of made me wonder if it has anything to do with McDermott's speech to the team today - about how he would support them protesting but to make sure that you were doing it for the right reasons and not to just let it be some hollow act on the field, to get out there in your local community and truly help make those changes you want to see a reality.

It could just be a total coincidence that he retires for this reason the same day McDermott talked with the team about it. Reading this statement just made me wonder if the two were possibly connected in any way is all.

You think You are upset?

Imagine being McDermott's punching bag tomorrow morning at 330 am

Or McDermott saw the same thing we did, warned Boldin he was about to slide down on the depth chart, and gave him the chance to retire first and avoid the humiliation.

Ok, but remember last week when Beane gave interviews saying, in substance, we wouldn't sign Boldin if we were tanking? Beane is already running out of rope.

What on earth would Boldins decision to retire have to do with any of that?

anquan played in all 16 games last season and had 67 catches / 584 yards and 8 TDs. He had more TDs than any Bills receiver and more yards than any Bills receiver except for Robert Woods (613 yards). Apparently he let himself go in the off season.

67 catches for 584 yards is not what we call a good stat line. 67 catches should have him about 200 more yards

Beane, called one of the brightest up and comers in the NFL, has been here 103 days.

Some of you people want him gone already. Is that more telling on him or this forum? :lol:

Him

After 17 years, we know a loser when we see it. We have lots of experience,

Still doesn't change the fact that they signed Boldin though. That was a move to help them win this season. Beane had no clue Boldin was going to retire when he made that statement.