So Boldin retired?

Doesn't the GM or HC put FA's through a workout before they sign them? Almost all of the fans on here said he looked ridiculously slow, how could your GM or HC not see this as well. It's becoming scary to be a fan of this team.

Was there a bunch of good WR's sitting out there on the market when we signed Boldin?

Seems to me like he was the best WR on the market at the time he was signed.

It's not like they signed him to a big money deal or a long term. They signed a likely future hall of fame player to help bolster their depth at WR and to try and add someone with a winning pedigree to a young WR room (and locker room).

The Boldin signing wasn't scary to me... just my opinion though.

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was here to win a championship, but realized Beane and McDermott really aren't trying to win in '17 after they traded Sammy.

Could be that he realized he can no longer compete. He looked very old and slow the other night.

Was there a bunch of good WR's sitting out there on the market when we signed Boldin?

Seems to me like he was the best WR on the market at the time he was signed.

It's not like they signed him to a big money deal or a long term. They signed a likely future hall of fame player to help bolster their depth at WR and to try and add someone with a winning pedigree to a young WR room (and locker room).

The Boldin signing wasn't scary to me... just my opinion though.

I think the consistent worry the last few weeks is that there doesn't seem to be a consistent or easily articulated philosophy. As a fan base it makes it hard to buy in when you have no idea what they are asking you to buy.

Could be that he realized he can no longer compete. He looked very old and slow the other night.

That's 100% on the coaches. I can't believe the Bills played him at outside receiver where he clearly did not belong. He's strictly a slot guy.....or at least he was.

Lol. So, we are already turning on Beane and McDermott? (and Tyrod and Boldin and God knows who else at this point)

Maybe Boldin is just dead tired of playing football. He's 36! How many 36 year old wide receivers do you see in this league? The guy probably ground through a couple weeks of training camp, his body was beat down and wasn't responding, and he said enough is enough. Especially given the team wasn't going anywhere.

Irrespective of this Boldin news, I love that Beane seems to recognize the need to rebuild and change the culture. It may or may not work, but we were heading nowhere fast by "staying the course." A Darnold, Allen or Rosen will set us up for longterm success. I believe Beane and McDermott have the resolve to see this through and finally get us on the right track for the next decade.

Edit: Sammy needed to be traded. He was always injured and never would have re-signed here. It would have been complete folly to let him play out his contract and walk.

Edited by TheBrownBear

That's 100% on the coaches. I can't believe the Bills played him at outside receiver where he clearly did not belong. He's strictly a slot guy.....or at least he was.

Yea, he's essentially a receiving tight end at this point. And more of the savvy one than dynamic type.

No other fanbase deals with the **** we deal with year in and year out. None of these other loveable loser teams that get glorified, even come close to what this team is. I feel bad for myself, but I also feel bad for all of you. This isn't a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, it's just another thing that shows what it means to love the Bills.