So Boldin retired?

Boldin saw first hand in practice that this is a bottom 5 NFL team. Why put your body through another season when you're facing a terrible season?

We're bottom 5 and Boldin was an embarrassment in the Eagles game. To say he lost a step is a gross understatement.

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if management thinks Maclin would be worth 2yrs 11.5 now? But hey, if Matthews balls out they can let him walk in FA since it might cost some $ to re-sign him. I'm so salty right now.

My guess is no. I have a sense that they are too set with getting their guys and trust their process. No free agent is worth that. We will just replace him next year or accumulate multiple decent players to make up for the loss.

Not surprising. The management/coach keeps pissing on our head and trying to tell us it's rain. This is what I meant in a different thread when I said Beane and McD were coming off as disingenuous to me. You can't trade two of your better, young, talents and then say you want to win. Doesn't add up. Morale among players had to take a hit.

If they want to rebuild just do it and stop the BS. I'm concerned we have a guy in charge who won't want to pay for talent. Those trades were very unsettling. I am not looking forward to a season for the first time that I can remember.

Exactly how I feel, and I've been a Bills fan for over 50 years.

Seriously? F*** Brandon Beane? The guy has been here 3 months!!! Geez give these people a chance. For crying out loud, we gave BOZO Whaley and Nix 5+years!

Three months and he is already talking down to the fan base. This ain't Carolina. Bills fans know he is tanking by ditching our most talented young player and he says he is frustrated by such talk holding Boldin out as proof of not tanking. GTFO.

If you are going to tear down the team and rebuild it that is one thing. How you should do it can be debated....usually retains young talent is a good idea. But doing it and then saying you aren't is flat insulting.

TBD has been seemingly divided into two camps. The anti McBean crowd, and those willing to give them a chance. We should all be able to agree on this news imo. Boldin's retirement doesnt make things better or worse. It's actually quite an inconsequential loss. Boldin showed that he had nothing left in the tank on Thursday night.

At this point I wish Beane would just realize that MOST Bills fans would not only understand a tanked season, but would actually be all for it. There is no way he can truly believe we have a chance at a Playoff spot this season. Many fans threw up the tank sign as soon as Watkins and Darby were traded. This only furthers those feelings and Beane should really embrace the fan's support of a tank this season. If the fans understand it, now is the time. He won't have a better chance than this season to tank and get away with complete understanding.

Then again, maybe he already believe in his heart we are bad enough to get a top 3 pick without doing anything else....... He may be right, but I, along with many others, would be more than happy to take 1 or 2 more steps to ensure we get there.

TBD has been seemingly divided into two camps. The anti McBean crowd, and those willing to give them a chance. We should all be able to agree on this news imo. Boldin's retirement doesnt make things better or worse. It's actually quite an inconsequential loss. Boldin showed that he had nothing left in the tank on Thursday night.

You are not reading the tea leaves. Boldin retired. FIRE BEANE!!!! HE MUST GO!!!