So Boldin retired?

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBD has been seemingly divided into two camps. The anti McBean crowd, and those willing to give them a chance. We should all be able to agree on this news imo. Boldin's retirement doesnt make things better or worse. It's actually quite an inconsequential loss. Boldin showed that he had nothing left in the tank on Thursday night.

Not sure why this should rile up anybody (except those trying to promote the notion of some sinister management plot to tank the season). We've got a crowded WR room and Boldin (who showed Thursday night he just doesn't have anything left in the tank) was taking up a roster spot that should go to one of the young guys.

Rex and ROB was the owner decision also. He could have hired GASE, like Whaley wanted too, but they fell for Rex bravado and destroyed a playoff caliber defense. Jim Swartz was clearly the right choice for that job, but we don't reward good coaches or people. We fire them or let them leave. Watch how bad the O-line will be this year.

Because they're trying to middle it.

What does that mean? Win now and later? Like they said? Maybe, correctly, they didn't see a change in this teams win total going from Sammy and Darby to Matthews and Gaines? And they got the picks to build their team.

This place has gotten so whiny

Or take back thinking they know better than Doug Marrone?

Really, this team has gotten progressively worse ever since the Pegulas bought. Every decision has been poor.

Let's go back to the Ralph years, when we had creative hires like Tom Donahoe, Dick Jauron, Gregg Williams, and Mike Mularkey!

It's almost time for the fans to tank.

I'd be careful about going full tank. Look at the colts. They are super happy to have luck, but they haven't been able to surround him with talent. We can't hang our hope on a QB without addressing the whole roster. Timing everything is imperative. Skills players often require time to develop.

I can't say it's their fault that Boldin apparently isn't very bright then. However, I don't think that's the case. He knows he has nothing left. Boldin played an embarrassing game on Thursday. A veteran like Boldin would typically be looking for a Lombardi Trophy. That was never going to happen here.

Nothing left as an outside receiver, sure. The Bills coaches had no business putting him in that position when it's clear he can't be effective as anything other than a slot guy at this stage of his career.

What does that mean? Win now and later? Like they said? Maybe, correctly, they didn't see a change in this teams win total going from Sammy and Darby to Matthews and Gaines? And they got the picks to build their team.

So just agree with every move they make? That's not what we do.

Everyone's biggest worry is we dismantle enough to not make the playoffs, but win enough to be stuck with the 3rd qb off the board (and maybe have to trade up for that).... then watch that qb struggle for 2 years and start this all over but with a roster that's been gutted instead of built on.

Could Anquan's retirement be an indictment on the QB situation?

That was my first thought. Then I thought about Boldins obvious inability to play outside. So I'm not sure of the catalyst for the retirement.

In any event, it seems odd to me that his desire to promite social justice is the only impetus for retirement. I suspect he probably had those views before signing, saw the "show" against the eagles, and realized that he could better spend his time pursuing his (incredibly admirable) social goals as opposed to slugging through a mediocre campaign here.

Finally, maybe there is a bright side. Boldin's departure might make it easier to sit Tyrod. I'm not on the peterman bandwagon yet, but another game like the last one might put me there. Anyone with eyes who watched the eagles game realized that Tyrod looked awful, anquan looked shot, and peterman ... made types of throws we haven't seen around here since Bledsoe or maybe Flutie.

I'd be careful about going full tank. Look at the colts. They are super happy to have luck, but they haven't been able to surround him with talent. We can't hang our hope on a QB without addressing the whole roster. Timing everything is imperative. Skills players often require time to develop.

This. Can't get the QB you tank for killed. Mike Schopp should read this. Edited by SectionC3

They should of never traded SW cause timing was odd to do it. Few months back maybe but I would of kept him. This WR already looks like past couple years. Please let Zay healthy and a great WR. Beane is off with his timing to do things is my problem with him and makes everything odd what he does. Could be making rookie mistakes as GM hope he learns them.