So Boldin retired?

Boldin made it clear he joined the team to win a championship, as crazy as that was for some to believe. Once they made the trades he probably felt betrayed and believed since the Bills weren't doing everything In their power to win, he was out.

This doesn't surprise me at all. This has everything to do with the trades.

If he ever thought that Buffalo was the place to come to win a championship, the future of human rights is in bad shape. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or finally do what has needed to be done for years.

I've found on my short time here there's 2 crowds.

1. Go all in to win this year. Doesn't matter if we make the playoffs and get curbed stomped round 1. Just win baby! Short term vision and ZERO long term vision.

2. Our camp. Build through the draft. Secure top 3 pick and take our chances on one of the big 3 coming out. Change the roster and culture here once and for all. Long term vision.

It's no secret how we got here. Terrible drafts's combined with high up people ignoring the QB position.

OBD has to be perilously close to losing the Locker room.

Because a Guy who balked on joining us in the first place, because he was wanting to spend more time with family, retired? Then the locker room is weak and we need to dump those so fragile.

We were NOT making the playoffs this year. Personally I wish Beane had come in and told Terry, Kim and Sean I am cleaning house. Its what has needed to be done for YEARS. Right now he has to use TT and Shady this year and let them play out. They will both be gone in the offseason, Kyle will retire and take a coaching position (I hope) and we can finally clean house and build it right

Boldin made it clear he joined the team to win a championship, as crazy as that was for some to believe. Once they made the trades he probably felt betrayed and believed since the Bills weren't doing everything In their power to win, he was out.

This doesn't surprise me at all. This has everything to do with the trades.

You can't be serious? If AB thought this team was going to make the playoffs this year, then he was really making a huge mistake. Trading Sammy and Darby did NOT Change our potential record at all.

Two false narratives that people just keep on repeating.

!@#$ Brandon Beane!

@JaySkurski

Brandon Beane 9 days ago: "Everybody’s forgetting we signed Anquan last week. This isn't a throw in the towel thing"

http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/20/report-anquan-boldin-leaves-bills-tells-team-intends-retire/

Seriously? F*** Brandon Beane? The guy has been here 3 months!!! Geez give these people a chance. For crying out loud, we gave BOZO Whaley and Nix 5+years!

!@#$ Brandon Beane!

@JaySkurski

Brandon Beane 9 days ago: "Everybody’s forgetting we signed Anquan last week. This isn't a throw in the towel thing"

http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/20/report-anquan-boldin-leaves-bills-tells-team-intends-retire/

Spot on and agree.

The WR corps is really going to be baaaad!

I wonder if management thinks Maclin would be worth 2yrs 11.5 now? But hey, if Matthews balls out they can let him walk in FA since it might cost some $ to re-sign him. I'm so salty right now.

Edited by purple haze

!@#$ Brandon Beane!

@JaySkurski

Brandon Beane 9 days ago: "Everybodys forgetting we signed Anquan last week. This isn't a throw in the towel thing"

So because he now decided to retire, that changes our intentions when we signed him?

Because a Guy who balked on joining us in the first place, because he was wanting to spend more time with family, retired? Then the locker room is weak and we need to dump those so fragile.

We were NOT making the playoffs this year. Personally I wish Beane had come in and told Terry, Kim and Sean I am cleaning house. Its what has needed to be done for YEARS. Right now he has to use TT and Shady this year and let them play out. They will both be gone in the offseason, Kyle will retire and take a coaching position (I hope) and we can finally clean house and build it right

Am I missing something? Did they cut or trade him? Or did he retire?

JMO, that a well respected veteran with a Super Bowl ring isn't buying the team's BS about trying to win in 2017.

Spot on. :thumbsup:

Did they even request a work-out before they signed him or does an Anquan Boldin get signed on reputation alone? Maybe if they made him run a 40 they never would have signed him in the first place.

Strike (2) on Beane IMHO.

I am quite sure that Beane has learned his lesson. I can't imagine any scenario where Mr. Beane would want to reach strike (3) on your imaginary strike count of perceived slights.

So because he now decided to retire, that changes our intentions when we signed him?

Retroactive continuity is a thing.