Worst cut in Bills history

What is the one player the Bills cut that went on to have a great career elsewhere that you are/were upset about?

Could be a rookie who never made it out of camp, could be a guy who was a backup here and was let go and then went on to play well somewhere else, could be a guy the Bills just didn't want anymore.

Free Agents DO NOT count.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anderson deserved to get cut. Same with John Parrella.

I'd say Ted Washington.

Always thought Anderson purposely tanked in order to get cut after prolonged hold out.

Not resigning Rashad after he missed all of 1975 season with knee injury was a major mistake although technically not a cut.

Anderson deliberately missed every field goal he attempted in pre-season in order to force the Bills to cut him.

It was a pleasure to see him miss his only field goal of the season in the 1998 NFC title game against Atlanta, which cost Minnesota the game and a trip to the Super Bowl. That was Karma, baby!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000497721/Gary-Anderson-misses-field-goal

Anderson deserved to get cut. Same with John Parrella.

I'd say Ted Washington.

Disagree om Parella. Really wanted the Bills to keep him.

Would agree that releasing Ted Washington & Pat Williams were horrible decisions.

An under the radar one that seemed rather innocuous & ended up hurting was releasing Mayhew who ended up starting against them in XXVI.

I thought they let PW leave in FA? IOW he wasn't cut.

Disagree om Parella. Really wanted the Bills to keep him.

They cut him after his rookie year. Despite being a 2nd rounder. He got himself released.

I thought they let PW leave in FA? IOW he wasn't cut.

They cut him after his rookie year. Despite being a 2nd rounder. He got himself released.

It was a VERY poor decision. There was a reason they drafted him in the 2nd & he'd looked good in limited action in '93. He looked better in '94 preseason than Patton did. Keeping Patton over Parrella was a huge mistake.

It was a VERY poor decision. There was a reason they drafted him in the 2nd & he'd looked good in limited action in '93. He looked better in '94 preseason than Patton did. Keeping Patton over Parrella was a huge mistake.

He left during his first training camp because he was homesick. I recall at the time there was that and other stuff that led to the decision to cut him.

Honestly i would say Ryan Fitzpatrick. The guy would have really helped us when we had EJ as our starter and I think is better than Kyle Orton. I am a self confessed Fitz fan however so maybe i'm a bit biased.

Pat Wiiliams IMO.

Dustin Hopkins is a sleeper pick. That was a bad move.

Dusty is a tough one because he got hurt and Carpenter had a great season. Wasn't until 2015 that Carp started to lose it.

Bruce Smith, cut in 2000 he went on to play 4 seasons (00-03) for the Redskins appearing in 62 out of a possible 64 games and adding another 29 sacks to become the NFL sack record holder.

This was akin to the Chicago Bulls cutting Michael Jordan if he was willing to play in 1999 in the interests of saving money.

Edited by Dr.Sack