Buffalo Bills Fire Offensive Coordinator Greg Roman

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is well regarded by many. He did a very good job in SF, and they nosedived after he left.

He wore out his welcome in both places and you could debate how well he actually did...plenty of stuff out their from 9ers fans that supports much of what we have seen. His redzone offense was bad on a talented 9ers team as well. Do you think he gets another OC job? Maybe he does your opinion on him seems to be higher than mine and that's fine. Just curious.

Oh thank God -- Roman sucked. He didn't know how to use his players. For a run-first guy he couldn't come up with successful short-yardage plays. He was always late getting plays called. He didn't have a hurry-up offense installed. I'm usually calling for continuity, but there was no living with that guy any longer. He had to go before Rex because he couldn't possibly be Rex's successor.

Yea but Harbaugh left too. Hard to say who the success in SF was tied too. If you're a Bills fan you wanna believe it was Roman.

I trust Harbaugh's instincts about coaches. Harbaugh is a great coach -- regardless of whether I like his personality or not. I decidedly do not trust Rex's instincts about coaches, although to be fair he did lure Roman here in the first place.

Oh thank God -- Roman sucked. He didn't know how to use his players. For a run-first guy he couldn't come up with successful short-yardage plays. He was always late getting plays called. He didn't have a hurry-up offense installed. I'm usually calling for continuity, but there was no living with that guy any longer. He had to go before Rex because he couldn't possibly be Rex's successor.

unfortunately, almost every critique you just levied are hallmarks of rex/rob right now too

My Take On Roman Fired: "changing coordinators during the season will do nothing to help the development Tyrod Taylor or the offense as a whole. "

Newsflash!!! The "development" of Tyrod is meaningless at this point. It's all over for him after this season. From this point on, the season is about cleaning up the mess.

Edited by HoF Watkins

I trust Harbaugh's instincts about coaches. Harbaugh is a great coach -- regardless of whether I like his personality or not. I decidedly do not trust Rex's instincts about coaches, although to be fair he did lure Roman here in the first place.

Yea that's fair, my point was Harbaugh was an offensive guy, how much say did he have as opposed to Roman. Who was really leading that offense? Up for debate if you ask me. It's a lot like giving Marrone credit for being OC in New Orleans.

Scheter saying pegula called the meeting this morning.

Also, Rex Ryan has the full support of ownership and it is "his team".

Those two statements are mutually exclusive, aren't they? How can the owner be the one behind this, but still say that this is Rex's team?

WOW
To me, this is the white flag. An offense everyone is now supposedly comfy with is being thrown out? Hmmm, last time we did this Jauron canned Turk Schonert and we all know how that season turned out.

Smacks of panicking. Change for the sake of change is never the answer. I hope they have a way forward, otherwise the next 15 weeks will be as miserable as the 1st two.

Tyrod must really be great and Roman was restricting him - gosh, let's hope so. (Not betting on this.)

That play call was ridiculous. One of the most obvious play calls I have ever seen

If you're running into that line - you do it on 3rd. You may get just enough.

If you want to sneak on 4th, it needs to be really close, and you need to quick count it.

They were a full yard back. Lost yards on a stupid EJ sneak. Wasted a timeout. and then ran a hb dive into an 11 man front.

What are you DOING?!!!?!

Edited by dneveu

What do you have against the coaches at Lancaster?? Why subject them to THAT??

They would only have to coach on game days. Maybe have one practice a week at the HS. Team would still be better off

Yikes; this is not good.

I really liked Roman. The problem is with the players, IMO.

Really? The players did not perform I will give you that. But those plays calls were so predictable. It is pretty sad when a person like me who has played 1 year of football in my life can tell you what play the bills are going to run next

WOW

To me, this is the white flag. An offense everyone is now supposedly comfy with is being thrown out? Hmmm, last time we did this Jauron canned Turk Schonert and we all know how that season turned out.

Smacks of panicking. Change for the sake of change is never the answer. I hope they have a way forward, otherwise the next 15 weeks will be as miserable as the 1st two.

Tyrod must really be great and Roman was restricting him - gosh, let's hope so. (Not betting on this.)

Ummm...there is NO way the offense playbook is being thrown out in mid-season. Just a new guy calling plays.

Edited by LabattBlue

If you're running into that line - you do it on 3rd.

If you want to sneak on 4th, it needs to be really close, and you need to quick count it.

Agreed. And the worst part is they just telegraphed those plays. EJ comes in, its an obvious sneak. Felton comes in, it's an obvious run. Just brutal

This is an excellent move!!!

-Tyrod is better than he's playing right now.

-We can't even run the ball when that is supposed to be Roman's driving force.

-We can't perform the basic football function of hurrying up.

-We can't avoid 3 and outs, can't possess the ball when that's supposed to be our strength.

-He's never really coached a particularly good offense anyway, after like 6 years.

Give up 400 yards to Ryan Fitzpatrick, turn around and fire Roman. Sure, why not

I gotta say, this is one of the most transparent scapegoat firings in recent memory.

Honestly, had they done this after week 1, few would argue...but after letting Fitzpatrick hang 37 points on you...seems pretty obvious Rex is scared. I'd expect the blame game to continue as the losses pile on.

Really? The players did not perform I will give you that. But those plays calls were so predictable. It is pretty sad when a person like me who has played 1 year of football in my life can tell you what play the bills are going to run next

I have really hated the play calls for the last decade. We always seem to be throwing and running 4 yards behind the line of scrimmage.