Bill from NYC

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for some of us, this IS the main forum...the other ones can get downright scary sometimes.

Glad to hear Bill is feeling 'better'.

****, I wish this was in the main forum, didn't see this until now... my best wishes are heading his way!

Thank you for your kind words. He is stable right now. Tired but very lucid. He can speak without slurring and can move. I mentioned that people recommended he not watch the game and he rolled his eyes and agreed. I mentioned the Grateful dead and he sang a few lines. He is definitely himself!

So glad to hear this!!!

Can't wait until he is back to posting. Your dads one of my favorite posters.

Amanda -

I just read this and would like to extend my thoughts and prayers to your father. I enjoy his posts very much and this site would not be the same without him!

It sounds like he is making good progress, which is wonderful to hear. All of our best to your dad!

Saying a prayer for your father and your family.

I have a close friend who had a stroke in his mid-forties. It is now a bit over twenty years later and he is doing well. He will be 67 on Thanksgiving Day.

My friend was with me this year on opening day in Orchard Park. We laugh at each other since his gait is a bit slower after the stroke, and I am no ballerina with my MS, but we both went to the game with seats in the upper deck.

Tell Bill that Rockpile says "hello".

Really sorry to hear about this. Hope he gets better quickly. Give him our best.

Btw, this should be pinned on the main board. I'm sure there are lots that would like to wish him well who don't come to "off the wall" often or at all.

I've been visiting this site since it's inception in the 90's. I don't know anyone on here personally, but I know which posters provide input I value, and your dad is in the top end of that list. Wishing the best for him, and hope he is able to return here soon.

Edited by Terry Tate

Amanda:

I just saw this so thank you for sharing. In no way was that inappropriate. Bill is part of our TBD family.

OMG- Bill from NYC, if you read this, I will make sure my whole family prays for you. I'm in medicine on the business side, and used to manage a team who placed Carotid Stents to keep from stroking.

Keep your head up partner, and with rehab you could definitely get back to normal. I'm catholic so if you know what a Novena is, I will complete one for you.

Bill, lastly, I posted this Sunday, but your "a few thoughts in no particular order" after the games, I look forward to every week. I know for a fact I'm not alone. I'll know your getting better if we see one soon.

God bless friend!

10 things I think about Bill from NYC

1. Bill is a family first man.

2. Bill is proud to root for the only team that plays in NYS.

3. Bill is an integral member of this dysfunctional family.

4. Bill's 10 things he thinks are a must read during the season.

5. Roll Tide.

6. A box of rain will ease your pain, and love will see you through.

7. Bill thinks that the Bills need to go O-line early in the 2016 draft.

8. Bill knew that the Spiller pick was a mistake when it happened.

9. Bill may not be from Missouri, but, he's a "show me" kind of guy.

10. We are less until you are back posting.

This is painful news for all of us in this community. Certainly thoughts and prayers for Bill.. I have never met him, but absolutely know from his participation here that he is a gentleman I would like to know. God speed, Bill.

10 things I think about Bill from NYC

1. Bill is a family first man.

2. Bill is proud to root for the only team that plays in NYS.

3. Bill is an integral member of this dysfunctional family.

4. Bill's 10 things he thinks are a must read during the season.

5. Roll Tide.

6. A box of rain will ease your pain, and love will see you through.

7. Bill thinks that the Bills need to go O-line early in the 2016 draft.

8. Bill knew that the Spiller pick was a mistake when it happened.

9. Bill may not be from Missouri, but, he's a "show me" kind of guy.

10. We are less until you are back posting.

:thumbsup:

Oh my goodness...I just saw this. I am awfully sad to hear this, and I dearly hope for a fast and full recovery.

It's been awhile since I have been to a game, but I used to go to a lot prior to 2010. Proud to say I shot the bull with Bill at the above mentioned pole 6 tailgate once or twice. And what a gracious, fun and friendly fellow he is! A real hoot and a sincere Bills brother.

Bill, I'm looking forward to seeing you there again some time!

Edited by jester43