Dion Dawkins on Diggs trade

Dawkins is absolutely one of my favorite players left 

People hate on him... Call him fat.. lazy, overrated...

Advanced Statistically... He has been very good... One of only 4-5 tackles... With a pass blocking grade above 76 over 5 straight seasons

Lineman ebb and flow... Have a good year than a bad year... Only the best of the best stay consistent 

And he's been healthy and super consistent the last 3-4-5... And blocks The blind side with the most amount of one-on-one blocks 

And he stalwarts plenty of pass rushers 

You the man Dion

There aren't 10 tackles in the NFL with pass blocking grades as consistent as Dion over the last five years combined 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 13
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 7

49 minutes ago, The BLUES Brothers said:

Thoughtful replies by Dion. Glad he took the opportunity to give props to Josh.

Diggs used to do that in every interview, but hadn't heard it as much end of last season.  

I heard from a very reliable inside source that near the end of the season Diggs was also kicking puppies, stealing candy from kids and ringing peoples door bells and dropping flaming bags of dog 💩 on their step before running away. Good riddance!

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

If it's desired to merge this into page 170 of the Diggs traded for picks thread, feel free

I just thought this was interesting.  I won't give my spin on it.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dion-dawkins-admits-bills-trading-stefon-diggs-was-a-blind-haymaker-but-ot-backs-buffalos-decision/

Now I like Dawkins even more. Much like @Augie, I too thought "This guy can run for President" 

Edited by Fan in Chicago

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Dawkins is absolutely one of my favorite players left 

People hate on him... Call him fat.. lazy, overrated...

Advanced Statistically... He has been very good... One of only 4-5 tackles... With a pass blocking grade above 76 over 5 straight seasons

Lineman ebb and flow... Have a good year than a bad year... Only the best of the best stay consistent 

And he's been healthy and super consistent the last 3-4-5... And blocks The blind side with the most amount of one-on-one blocks 

And he stalwarts plenty of pass rushers 

You the man Dion

There aren't 10 tackles in the NFL with pass blocking grades as consistent as Dion over the last five years combined 

Imagine how much better he would be if he conditioned himself properly.

why be the best when you could be tenth best, I suppose.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Plenty of great left tackles don't peek till 29-30... 

He definitely has the right mindset.. blocking for Josh Allen will only help 

I think he still has the arrow up for another 2 years till he declines.. he hasn't plateau yet .. I think he can be our LT for 2-3 more years 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Not sure what to make of his body composition to tell you the truth, part of me thinks he just enjoys eating and being a very good LT for a great QB, then there’s another part of me that thinks maybe he doesn’t have the ability to lose the fat without dropping weight, which would be undesirable for his job.

I wish Dion looked more like Spencer Brown and I wish Spencer Brown played more like Dion.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

If it's desired to merge this into page 170 of the Diggs traded for picks thread, feel free

I just thought this was interesting.  I won't give my spin on it.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dion-dawkins-admits-bills-trading-stefon-diggs-was-a-blind-haymaker-but-ot-backs-buffalos-decision/

He didn't "say" anything.

31 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

Why do I think that Dion has a nice future as a politician somewhere...

3 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Loyal to the organization...novel thought these days.   

What an interesting thing to say.

Poyer and White were loyal to the organization.  

Apparently loyalty runs only one way in the NFL.

I will never feel bad for any player that tries to get maximum value when they can.  If a player outplays his contract I support him asking for more money.  I completely understand why any player would hate being tagged.  Yes that one or two year contract money is great but the risk of injury and missing out on substantial guaranteed income is tremendous.  

The NFL and NFLPA have done some nice things.  Rookie wage scale works well to not overpay for guys that have a very good chance of being busts.  Adding performance pay for rookies that outperform their contracts. A vet minimum salary that counts less against the cap.  These are all good.  

If I were the NFL and NFLPA I would let each team designate one QB that is outside the salary cap and you can pay them anything you want.  Then you have a cap for all the other players. I would keep the roster at 53 with 10 person PS but let them dress any 53 they want on game day.  

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

Diggs liked a tweet, probably an emotional response, and Bills Mafia can’t let it go. Tough look.

Dawkins will be a great politician, lol.

It's a microcosm of life these days. 

Edited by Goin Breakdown
  • Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

If I were the NFL and NFLPA I would let each team designate one QB that is outside the salary cap and you can pay them anything you want.  Then you have a cap for all the other players. 

I imagine the NFLPA would have a mutiny on its hands if it agreed to that.  This isn't like the NBA where the exceptions aren't position-specific.  Imagine the union coming back to the players and saying, guess what, the quarterback can make as much money as he wants but the rest of you schlubs have to share a finite amount.  Especially when quarterbacks generally have longer careers than anyone else because they're so protected.

I do agree 100% with you that players should have the opportunity to maximize their earnings and I will never hate on a guy who does that.  Football careers are way too short.  The guys I have no use for are the ones who clearly just don't want to be in Buffalo.

13 hours ago, FireChans said:

It's hard to quantify someone else's work ethic, and what the rate of return is on thier additional conditioning. 

13 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

What an interesting thing to say.

Poyer and White were loyal to the organization.  

Apparently loyalty runs only one way in the NFL.

I will never feel bad for any player that tries to get maximum value when they can.  If a player outplays his contract I support him asking for more money.  I completely understand why any player would hate being tagged.  Yes that one or two year contract money is great but the risk of injury and missing out on substantial guaranteed income is tremendous.  

The NFL and NFLPA have done some nice things.  Rookie wage scale works well to not overpay for guys that have a very good chance of being busts.  Adding performance pay for rookies that outperform their contracts. A vet minimum salary that counts less against the cap.  These are all good.  

If I were the NFL and NFLPA I would let each team designate one QB that is outside the salary cap and you can pay them anything you want.  Then you have a cap for all the other players. I would keep the roster at 53 with 10 person PS but let them dress any 53 they want on game day.  

And Poyer was given a higher guarantee on his last extension to convert 4.85 of bonus to guaranteed money in 2023...

They stuck with White through his first ACL tear and supported him even though he took 1.5 years to come back...

I dont hate any player for getting what they want either.  But to say loyalty only goes one way is a disrespect to how Beane has handled this organization.  They are some of the best player forward orgs around.  Nobody is perfect, but they do a great job taking care of their players.

13 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Although this would be really fun, I think it would create a power vacuum for the teams with a good QB. The chiefs, Bills, Bengals, chargers, Ravens ect, could have all star teams with that set up. Destroys. The best thing about the NFL, parity 

18 hours ago, Warcodered said:

As we approach team workouts I'm sure our annual Fat Dion thread is on it's way.

I can think of an easy solution for those threads to stop... but it would mean someone would have to show up to camp not weighing 400lbs

• Thank you (+1) 1