Last player to leave in any way that hurt?

9 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Chris Spielman

I remember seeing on SportsCenter that the Bills had signed Chris Spielman and being so excited that my sister came downstairs to see why I was yelling. It's a shame that he only wound up playing one full season in Buffalo.

9 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Chris Spielman

I remember seeing on SportsCenter that the Bills had signed Chris Spielman and being so excited that my sister came downstairs to see why I was yelling. It's a shame that he only wound up playing one full season in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

My son was a big Aaron Williams fan, so I surprised him with an autographed helmet purchased at a charity event. It was awful to see his NFL career cut short after he was cheap shot blocked by jarvis landry - he had many more years until that sob took it away from him.

3 hours ago, nucci said:

The year Reed, Bruce and Thurman left

Not left, got cut. 

1 minute ago, Drew21PA said:

Other than lynch I can’t think of a player the bills had then left that actually did something excellent 

Gilmore won a Super Bowl with the Patriots and won AP CB of the year if I'm not mistaken. 

• Vomit 1

For me, Jerry Butler. He was so explosive his first few years opposite Frank Lewis, then blew out his knee in 1983. He clawed his way back to the league in 1985, then became a key veteran component of Jim Kelly's first Bills' receiving squad in 1986. But it all ended too quickly: he shattered his ankle on a spectacular touchdown catch against Miami, and never played another down. Talk about a shooting star ... 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Gilmore hurt because they got NOTHING for him and it was basically a certainty that he would be excellent and win a SB with NE.

The Watkins trade was demoralizing because they had had a very good scoring offense that also lead the NFL in big plays in both 2015 and 2016..........and the Watkins trade basically guaranteed that they were going back to the stone age offensively.    I can't unsee those horrible 2017 and 2018 offenses.   Just disgusting terrible football.

Call Doctor Phil, he can help!

Most of the players listed above were at the end of their careers.  I looked at it more as what players went on to bigger & better things after they left. Top 2 are Wyatt Teller & Jason Peters, with Marshawn Lynch not far behind.  Guys retire or get let go or leave in free agency, all as part of the business.  But my top 3 were given away for pennies on the dollar & flourished in their new locations.  

Fitzpatrick. I loved his personality and if we are being honest he was the best QB the Bills had between Bledsoe and Allen. I think the Bills break the drought sooner if they hold onto Fitz and don't draft EJ but who knows?

• Like (+1) 1

Freddy was the last one that bothered me.  He wanted to remain a Buffalo Bill and would have accepted any role.  He outperformed his contract every year and outperformed all the competition that was brought in and gifted a starting role.  If anyone deserved another year and an opportunity to go out on his own terms it was Fred Jackson.  It was a pleasure watching him perform.  

Thats it, I'm taking 15 minutes to watch Freddy highlights.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

During the drought years...  Eric Moulds, Fred Jackson, Kyle Williams.  

All of them would have been better known & appreciated around the NFL had they played on better teams.   I was disappointed they didn't have an opportunity to play on better Bills squads.  

Edited by hondo in seattle

19 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Chris Spielman

He was awesome both in college at Ohio State (had 26 tackles in the 1986 Michigan-Ohio State game) and for us.  Too bad about his neck injury.  And as a TV football analyst he was a riot both college and pro.  That was one tough football player.  They just don't play like that anymore.  And my namesake Bryce Paup had a dam good run w us too until he tore up his groin.  

24 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

He was awesome both in college at Ohio State (had 26 tackles in the 1986 Michigan-Ohio State game) and for us.  Too bad about his neck injury.  And as a TV football analyst he was a riot both college and pro.  That was one tough football player.  They just don't play like that anymore.  And my namesake Bryce Paup had a dam good run w us too until he tore up his groin.  

Alot of players and fans didn't even know what was going on behind the scenes with his wife either, until they publicly came out and told everyone about her breast cancer and starting up the Chris Spielman Fund.

39 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Alot of players and fans didn't even know what was going on behind the scenes with his wife either, until they publicly came out and told everyone about her breast cancer and starting up the Chris Spielman Fund.

Yup that was sad.  But he was a stand up guy and really tried to help his wife in every way he could.  He is one of my all time favorite football players.  And seemed to be a really good person too. 

• Agree 1

Seeing Moulds go honestly sucked as I know we blew a career of someone that should have been in the HOF with above average QB play. A huge wasted talent with QB hell all the years he was here. Dude just went out there and played friggin hard for us for so many years.

Bruce/Reed/Thurman sucked too.

• Like (+1) 1