Diggs traded to Texans for picks

14 minutes ago, appoo said:

We'd have to give up 5 years worth of 1st and 2nd round picks to get JJ

He wants 30 mil.  I think 2 1st starts the conversation.  Do the Vikings pay that to a wr without a qb.  Does Jefferson sign an extension with them. 

The Buffalo Bills are slowly turning into the Buffalo Sabres. Pegula doesn’t know how to run a sports franchise. 

Beane has allowed that loser McDermott to stick around after repeated playoff failure. He’s let the team go into cap hell and is now forced to gut the roster. The window to win with the best QB we’ve ever had is rapidly closing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 2

4 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Maybe we can find a way to get either Thomas or OBJ. I know this probably hurts our financial flexibility but maybe there can be some magic with the numbers. If we used all these picks ti move way up and grab one of the elite WRs and added with M. Thomas or OBJ.. then all of a sudden I like what we have.

I do think this makes bringing in another FA WR quite a bit more likely. IMO it'll be another $4 - $6M guy.

And it also I think makes it more likely we pick our second WR in the draft a round or two higher than they would have before.

15 minutes ago, Augie said:

Has this been posted yet? 

Maddy Glab, a reporter for the Bills' digital arm, went viral Wednesday afternoon after she could be heard saying, “There's no control over Stefon Diggs. Dude's gonna do what he wants to do. He'll look in my face and say, 'F you. ' How he treats everybody.”

that was an epic classless move by the news station to throw her under the bus like that. the reporter who did it got his ass chapped by other bills media guys and essentially blacklisted from the cool kids.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Lionel Hutz said:

The Buffalo Bills are slowly turning into the Buffalo Sabres. Pegula doesn’t know how to run a sports franchise. 

Beane has allowed that loser McDermott to stick around after repeated playoff failure. He’s let the team go into cap hell and is now forced to gut the roster. The window to win with the best QB we’ve ever had is rapidly closing.

I agree...but in fairness...I don't think McD is Beane's call. I think that's all Pegula. I believe he values having a "good Christian man" in his own words, is more important to him than trying to win a Super Bowl. 

27 minutes ago, Sgt. Ski said:

lost out on that trade!! a 2nd next year? rebuild i guess

Disagree.  Texans don't have a number 1 this year, so they had little to offer in this year's draft.  Getting a number two in 2025...and as One Bills Live reported it is Minnesota's pick (due to a trade) which should be high next year...this is more than you would expect for a 30 year old receiver who would have been cut next year.  San Diego only got a 4th for Keenan Allen.  So...when you think about it, this trade makes sense.

Edited by jkeerie
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, ALLinALLEN said:

The 3 elite years were prior to last year, my apologies. I'm exuding frustration that this franchise couldnt win 1 with an elite top 5 WR and a top 2 QB and now we're parting with half of that.

I am frustrated every January when they lose out to Mahomes and the Chiefs.   You werent wrong in saying they probably should have won one.  That said, Diggs was no longer a top 5 player at his position in the NFL, and he made it more than clear he didnt want to be here.   There was no sense keeping up the charade and the distractions.   I am very sure they will walk away from the draft with one of Harrison, Nabers, Odunze or Thomas.  I am also very confident they will have money to do even more at WR in 2025.

I will take who the Bills are today over just about anything they've been since the 1990s.  Try to enjoy them being the best they've been in 30 years.  I am still confident they will win one with Josh and I am glad it wont be with Diggs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Lionel Hutz said:

Unreal

Go root for someone else and please.  Learn football.

Love/hate relationship with this forum.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I can tell you right now what caused the free fall.  Diggs thought he deserved to be on a Super Bowl winning team.   When 13 seconds happened he blamed McDermott and started getting salty.    The second year it didnt happen he blamed Allen, he got a little more salty, decided not to show up for training camp on time.  After this year, he got it in his head he couldnt win a Super Bowl while in Buffalo so he started making noise about a trade.

Maybe when he doesnt win one this year in Houston he will take a look in the mirror. 

You say you can tell me right now what caused the free fall.

In fact, you can't. What you're telling me there is what you think caused the free fall.

Nothing wrong with having an opinion till you start looking at it and saying, "You know, now that I look harder at that opinion, it's obviously a fact." That's where the bad thinking starts.

You might be right.

Or not.

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, FireChans said:

We don’t need them that much.

Diggs is addition by subtraction, and now two rookie scale WR’s to be leaned on as heavy contributors is awesome.

He was gone in 2025 regardless, imo. Launching him now was just ripping off the bandaid.

I think he’s washed. Beane thinks he’s washed and or a cancer. Either way, SEE YA 

See above.

Pure satire I hope 

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Reposting this because it's going to get lost in the thread:

The Bills kept the issues under wraps for the most part. But anyone who knew someone close to the team was aware of his constant distractions, both in public and behind the scenes.

I definitely believe this. Thanks for sharing!

confirms what Josh Norman said to John Wawrow.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I am very sure they will walk away from the draft with one of Harrison, Nabers, Odunze or Thomas.  I am also very confident they will have money to do even more at WR in 2025.

I will take who the Bills are today over just about anything they've been since the 1990s.  Try to enjoy them being the best they've been in 30 years.  I am still confident they will win one with Josh and I am glad it wont be with Diggs.

Your first paragraph here is more of the same. Could happen. Might not. The first sentence in particular is an opinion that might very easily not come true, particularly if Beane doesn't put Thomas as high as many do.

But I'm absolutely right there with you on the second paragraph. This is a wonderful time to be a Bills fan.

Edited by Thurman#1

12 minutes ago, Sweats said:

My god, the drama going on here today.......

Well, just think of all those yard signs and bumper stickers for Allen-diggs that are now trash.  Crying shame.  Some folks are now unsure of what ticket they will even vote for in Nov now.  A lot to process here.  Have some danged empathy man. 

7 minutes ago, Lionel Hutz said:

it is Pegula's money-- he can run the team as he sees fit... when you buy a team- I will root for it to do well. And just because McDermott has not won a Super Bowl does not classify him as a loser. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Excited to see a revived Josh not having to walk on eggshells 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

What’s missing in so many of these posts is the REAL message this is sending to the locker room and front office is that is that this is now Josh Allen’s team to win or lose.  No more second fiddle or even Batman and Robin thing. It’s time for Josh to assume the full leadership role. (It happens in all organizations at some time.) 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

He does this more than any player I can remember. Same with how he goes down instantly. I think Bills fans are going to appreciate Samuels yards after the catch ability more than they realize.

• Like (+1) 1

One reason for optimism with this situation. Other than QB there is no other position in the current NFL where a player can step in and make an immediate impact. You see it every year, and it doesn't always have to be a top 10 pick. Just look at what GB did with their rook wide outs. And add in Josh...I think Beane does have a plan, I think he will try to trade up in top 15 to get a stud. If not he will certainly double up in this draft.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

O'Cyrus Torrence says hi. Tre White too. Zay Jones was in for 79% of snaps. Terrel Bernard played 93% of snaps in game he wasn't injured in, 999 snaps.

If you're good enough right off, he'll put you in. And it'll be easier still in years when the roster has some real holes, which this group does right now.

Bernard was a second year player. He only played one game as a rookie and he sucked in that game. 

7 minutes ago, Lionel Hutz said:

This is a bit overdramatic. The Bills aren't even close to being the Sabres. Josh Allen is about to turn 28 years old. The window is still wide open and will be as long as he is playing. 

Reading all the scenarios that have been posted here to obtain a # 1 WR,  let's say Bills draft A WR ( they sure as heck should)(and INMHO 2), will our
General Manger and Head Coach tell Allen to drop the golf Clubs in the offseason and work out with the new WRs coming in?

If Beane and McDermott are serious about winning and not just trying to hold on to their jobs (after 7 years) they surely would do that.

The 2nd Question is, if they did tell Allen to workout with the new WRs, would Allen comply?

I seem to have seen KC QB Mahomes working out already with his. (more than likely without being told).

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2

7 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I am frustrated every January when they lose out to Mahomes and the Chiefs.   You werent wrong in saying they probably should have won one.  That said, Diggs was no longer a top 5 player at his position in the NFL, and he made it more than clear he didnt want to be here.   There was no sense keeping up the charade and the distractions.   I am very sure they will walk away from the draft with one of Harrison, Nabers, Odunze or Thomas.  I am also very confident they will have money to do even more at WR in 2025.

While I love the optimism and agree about the very last part, I'm not convinced we will sniff a draft pick close enough to land one of those top 4 WR's. But I hope.

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

What’s missing in so many of these posts is the REAL message this is sending to the locker room and front office and that is that this now Josh Allen’s team to win or lose.  No more second fiddle or even Batman and Robin thing. It’s time for Josh to assume the full leadership role. (It happens in all organizations at some time.) 

I think that message was out there about three years ago.

1 minute ago, JMM said:

One reason for optimism with this situation. Other than QB there is no other position in the current NFL where a player can step in and make an immediate impact. You see it every year, and it doesn't always have to be a top 10 pick. Just look at what GB did with their rook wide outs. And add in Josh...I think Beane does have a plan, I think he will try to trade up in top 15 to get a stud. If not he will certainly double up in this draft.  

Puka

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, zevo said:

Excited to see a revived Josh not having to walk on eggshells 

If Diggs was a distraction will removing it allow Josh to take complete command of the huddle?

Which is something that made me wonder about Houston with Diggs.  How will his perceived antics play with a 2nd year QB?  Are they taking on some risk?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

You say you can tell me right now what caused the free fall.

In fact, you can't. What you're telling me there is what you think caused the free fall.

Nothing wrong with having an opinion till you start looking at it and saying, "You know, now that I look harder at that opinion, it's obviously a fact." That's where the bad thinking starts.

You might be right.

Or not.

Correct.  I am not in the building so I dont know every detail of the situation.  But as an objective person, who likes to form opinions using the least number of assumptions possible, I am putting this one on Diggs.   Fact, he refused to talk to reporters after playoff game losses.  Fact, he made a spectacle of himself on camera during the Bengals' game.  Fact, he never went out of his way to support the team after his brother made distracting tweets during the season.  Fact, you're now hearing he took himself out of games even when healthy.   

• Agree 1

Yaaaargh!! That's what I get for writing so late at night here in Asia.

Thanks for pointing that out for me. I appreciate it. Dumb stuff, and a good signal to me that I need to go to bed now.

I do think the rest of the post still holds up, though.

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Bernard was a second year player. He only played one game as a rookie and he sucked in that game. 

They also clearly did not need him to start his rookie year.  He was brought in to prepare for Edmunds departure.

11 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Disagree.  Texans don't have a number 1 this year, so they had little to offer in this year's draft.  Getting a number two in 2025...and as One Bills Live reported it is Minnesota's pick (due to a trade) which should be high next year...this is more than you would expect for a 30 year old receiver who would have been cut last year.  San Diego only got a 4th for Keenan Allen.  So...when you think about it, this trade makes sense.

slow down there...you are making way too much sense.

• Haha (+1) 2

This is a FANTASTIC trade.  Diggs was bottom half as a number 1.  We escaped a mountain of future cap consumption for $3 million and got paid a 2nd round pick for our trouble.  No more Diggs drama has meaningful value.  I appreciate that Diggs helped Josh reach his potential.  And he gave us some great moments.  I wish him well.

But this is fantastic news.  We need a top 10 number 1 with size.  And someone with legit deep speed.  Shakir is same height, weight and 40 time as Diggs.  He can play the Diggs role.  We need a top X receiver and a slot or a Z.  Get McConkey and Legette or some combination like that (AD Mitchell and Malik Washington).  We are getting younger by a lot, getting cap space, removing drama and upgrading on the field.  Hell yes! 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

WR new RB

Diggs a 4th

Cheetah a 5th

For christ sake, Everyone saying how great Dell is and tean him with Diggs...3rd

I was screaming all off season my plan would be clear the decks, eat all the cap this year...takes pressure of expectations and gear uo for Joshs 2nd half of career. 

On March 23, 2022, the Chiefs traded Hill to the Miami Dolphins in exchange for a 2022 first-round pick, a 2022 second-round pick, two fourth-round picks, and a 2023 sixth-round pick.[113] 

A 5th is not the same as 5 draft picks.