Josh Allen career playoff stats

Special K

In 10 career playoff games, Josh Allen has:

Passer rating of 100.0

64.6 completion percentage

2,723 yards passing, 21 touchdowns and 4 interceptions 

563 rushing yards and 5 TD's

That sounds like the stat line of a multiple Super Bowl Champion..............screw you, Kansas City!!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Angry 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Special K said:

Passer rating of 100.0

That sounds like the stat line of a multiple Super Bowl Champion..............screw you, Kansas City!!!

You actually have to get to and win a SB to be considered a champion.   Details, I know

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

We'd be going to the SB if not for drops n that miss to Shakir..We would've def beat Bal

We'll win multiple rings with 17

His clock is ticking and if Brady as OC means a return to a permanent increase in his running the clock speeds up.

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, Special K said:

Passer rating of 100.0

This is all good. But when it comes to playoffs, only one stat counts = SB Wins.

• Disagree 1

Again in my opinion Peyton Manning was the best QB I have ever seen play the game. He did not get to the SB until year 9. He had to wait until they got a defense and surrounded him with the proper personnel. This takes time and I honestly think our SB window started this year with the addition of our run game. I truly believe the Bills can win it all next season.

This draft is stacked with Wr and I hear people say “let’s wait until later in the draft to grab a Wr cause it’s so deep.” Lets not!!! We can get what we have been lacking at pick 28. There are game changer Wr’s for the taking. We won’t be able to sign an elite Wr in FA due to our cap issue. So we have to grab a couple in the draft. Offense wins championships nowadays just look at the games played yesterday. Draft a top Wr and surround our boy with the talent he deserves! 

One more thing about McDermott. Guy is old school with his mentality that rookies don't produce much year one especially at Wr. Dude needs to throw that BS mentality out the window already. I can’t stand when he says that about rookies when you see them dominate all over the league.

With Gabe most likely gone, honestly we need to draft 2 stud Wr’s, unless we think Justin Shorter and KJ are going to be the guys. Highly unlikely but possible, Shorter had a good preseason and has great size 6’4” 230lbs, 4.55 40 yard dash. But can he put it together? Let’s get some real competition at Wr this year with some early round draft picks. 

Edited by BrainwashedBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Could Josh go down as the best playoff QB to never win a Superbowl? Who is his competition? Marino and Rivers come to mind.

Usually if you are a great QB then you win a Superbowl. Usually if you are a great QB on a team with a top defense you are guaranteed to win the Superbowl. Bills are really working hard to go against the grain on this one.

• Like (+1) 2

I don’t know how anyone who watches football can look at this year’s chief team and not come to the conclusion that it’s mostly about coaching in the playoffs. The chiefs are a good team, not exactly world beaters, roster wise yet they’re going to their 4th superbowl in 5 years after going to their 6th straight afc championship.  robotic offense that doesn’t make mistakes and solid defense that puts all the pressure on the opponent to perform. 

josh is talented enough and has played well enough in the playoffs to have at least one if not multiple superbowl rings but has yet to have the benefit of a consistent top flight playoff defense. 

Edited by Shortchaz
  • Like (+1) 8

6 hours ago, Special K said:

Passer rating of 100.0

By comparison, Mahomes has 39 passing touchdowns in 17 games, which would translate to Allen passing for 23 TDs in ten games. But he has only five rushing touchdowns, which Allen has matched in seven fewer games. Mahomes' playoff rating is 106.3, mostly because he's thrown for only seven interceptions in 17 games compared to Allen's four in 10 games. 

Put it all together, and I'd take Allen every time. He's more clutch and, with his legs, more dangerous. Plus, looking at Mahomes' stats, you simply have to take into account that he has mostly been throwing to not one but TWO future HOF receivers behind a much better line and with a future HOF head coach, while Allen has had Diggs and a bag of peanuts to throw to behind a sieve line and, well, McDermott as head coach. 

Anyway, it doesn't matter, really. The bottom line is that Buffalo has one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game. Now, if only Beane can get him receivers who can get open and catch the ball. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Special K said:

Passer rating of 100.0

You misspelled McDermott.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I fully believe JA17 will hoist at least a single Lombardi, if not more. He's too good and the team is close. We are certainly not the Dolphins of the Marino era. All it takes is a year of good fortune as far as the health of our key players and we will break through. I fully believe that. If we just had a mainly healthy Bernard, Douglas, and Benford I think we beat the Chiefs easily. They wouldn't have been moving the ball on the ground, nor in the air the way they did. If we have Milano all year things are even more different. I know injuries happen, but the two teams in the SB have pretty much their entire starting units from the beginning of the season on the field at this point. 

1 hour ago, Shortchaz said:

I don’t know how anyone who watches football can look at this years’ chief team and not come to the conclusion that it’s mostly about coaching in the playoffs. The chiefs are a good team, not exactly world beaters, roster wise yet they’re going to their 4th superbowl in 5 years after going to their 6th straight afc championship.  robotic offense that doesn’t make mistakes and solid defense that puts all the pressure on the opponent to perform. 

josh is talented enough and has played well enough in the playoffs to have at least one if not multiple superbowl rings but has yet to have the benefit of a consistent top flight playoff defense. 

I don't know how anyone can look at this year's playoffs and not see it's about players making plays when it matters most. 

Those dropped passes mean you go home. 

That missed tackle means you go home.

The missed field goal means you go home. 

The blown assignment means you go home. 

Champions are champions because everyone made the plays they were supposed to. That's it. It's not mystical. It's not one guy. It's a team. 

You are only as strong as your weakest link.  You can have the greatest coach in the world, if you don't produce you don't win. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Special K said:

Passer rating of 100.0

His day of anointing will come. 

You are seeing it now with Kelce, who deserved the glory more than Mahomes these past 5-6 years. Kelce is outshining Mahomes now. 

Imagine the glory headed Allen's way. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, finn said:

Mahomes' playoff rating is 106.3, mostly because he's thrown for only seven interceptions in 17 games compared to Allen's four in 10 games. 

4 interceptions in 10 games extrapolates to 6.8 in 17 games.  How is this different than Mahomes?

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Epstein's Mother said:

4 interceptions in 10 games extrapolates to 6.8 in 17 games.  How is this different than Mahomes?

I didn't bother to extrapolate the interceptions, but it's yet another stat that indicates Allen and Mahomes are at least on par.

I'm working on not letting the idiot narratives that Mahomes is unquestionably better, GOAT, the Messiah, etc., get to me. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, finn said:

By comparison, Mahomes has 39 passing touchdowns in 17 games, which would translate to Allen passing for 23 TDs in ten games. But he has only five rushing touchdowns, which Allen has matched in seven fewer games. Mahomes' playoff rating is 106.3, mostly because he's thrown for only seven interceptions in 17 games compared to Allen's four in 10 games. 

Put it all together, and I'd take Allen every time. He's more clutch and, with his legs, more dangerous. Plus, looking at Mahomes' stats, you simply have to take into account that he has mostly been throwing to not one but TWO future HOF receivers behind a much better line and with a future HOF head coach, while Allen has had Diggs and a bag of peanuts to throw to behind a sieve line and, well, McDermott as head coach. 

Anyway, it doesn't matter, really. The bottom line is that Buffalo has one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game. Now, if only Beane can get him receivers who can get open and catch the ball. 

Josh has the lowest interception % in the history of the nfl playoffs of qbs that have 20+ tds…mahomes is #2

pretty crazy when you factor in that 2 of those picks were 100% on the receivers and one was a meaningless late INT against cincy with the game already lost 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, MarkyMannn said:

14-3 career. Wow!

At this point it is on the Bills and Allen to make some deeper runs or they will be more Phillip Rivers, Marty Shottenheimer talk which is probably deserved.  I feel bad for Allen because he has performed well enough to have won a couple more games, he is not the problem.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Special K said:

Passer rating of 100.0

I saw something that says he has 27 total TDs and 4 INTs in the playoffs. That includes his runs and the TD catch against Houston 

23 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Josh has the lowest interception % in the history of the nfl playoffs of qbs that have 20+ tds…mahomes is #2

pretty crazy when you factor in that 2 of those picks were 100% on the receivers and one was a meaningless late INT against cincy with the game already lost 

Get this man a team, Beane!

23 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

At this point it is on the Bills and Allen to make some deeper runs or they will be more Phillip Rivers, Marty Shottenheimer talk which is probably deserved.  I feel bad for Allen because he has performed well enough to have won a couple more games, he is not the problem.

I’m hoping Chris jones gets greedy and walks I think that would shake things up a pretty great deal.  All the talk is always about mahomes but that’s not really the full story

i think chiefs would be very beatable without him and Kelce is gonna call it quits while josh is still near his prime id think 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

4 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

His clock is ticking and if Brady as OC means a return to a permanent increase in his running the clock speeds up.

Not really. Cam Newton's career was derailed mostly from a car crash that caused the shoulder injury he never got right from not on field stuff. He also got hit far, far more than Allen.

• Disagree 1

4 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Yeah mahomes has 6 playoff wins the last two years so far.   Allen has 5 in his career.  

It’s a team sport. Bills defense has choked or just not shown up multiple games in the playoffs. Allen has only really had one bad game vs the Bengals last year.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, zow2 said:

Those stats are a lot better than Lamar’s playoff stats that’s for sure.

But Mahomes is nearly unbeatable in the playoffs and that’s the wall keeping Allen from a SB appearance.

14e982c6-a412-4348-9d25-75ca27a6baed_tex

"Mahomes?  The thing to do with Mahomes is, if he bothers you, I'll take care of him.  What you've got to do to Mahomes is, you cut the hamstring on the back of his leg right at the bottom; he'll never play football again.  Because, he goes back, his weight displacement goes back, and he stays there.  All his weight's on his right foot, he's gonna be throwing everything off to the right; he'll never come through on anything.  He'll quit the game."    Carl Spackler

Edited by Peace Frog
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

5 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

We'd be going to the SB if not for drops n that miss to Shakir..We would've def beat Bal

Woulda, coulda, shoulda.......Over the years I have stopped second guessing because no one truly knows what would have happened. I do believe however that were well positioned to beat the Ravens and be competitive with whomever we faced in the SB. I also think this team I well-positioned to stay competitive and make another run.    

1 hour ago, DapperCam said:

It’s a team sport. Bills defense has choked or just not shown up multiple games in the playoffs. Allen has only really had one bad game vs the Bengals last year.

I was not passng judgement on Josh, just pointing out some things that media types love to talk about.

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’m hoping Chris jones gets greedy and walks I think that would shake things up a pretty great deal.  All the talk is always about mahomes but that’s not really the full story

i think chiefs would be very beatable without him and Kelce is gonna call it quits while josh is still near his prime id think 

The Bills have won the games in the regular season, the chiefs n the playoffs....the last 4 games came down to a play here or there, I think we the Bills are right there and to some degree luck has not been with them.   Mahomes is a playoff machine but so is Allen, unfortunately Allen will not get the benefit of the doubt from anyone other than maybe Bills fans, they have to win.

5 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Could Josh go down as the best playoff QB to never win a Superbowl? Who is his competition? Marino and Rivers come to mind.

Usually if you are a great QB then you win a Superbowl.

Fran Tarkenton

Dan Fouts

Brian Sipe

Warren Moon

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrBob806 said:

Fran Tarkenton

Dan Fouts

Brian Sipe

Warren Moon

Who is the best of the no Superbowl bunch? I'd say right now Marino and then Moon. Could Josh be up there with them some day?

7 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Who is the best of the no Superbowl bunch? I'd say right now Marino and then Moon. Could Josh be up there with them some day?

He sure could be, but holding out hope Allen could win one. 

• Like (+1) 1

I thought I would post this here to as it fits better then where I originally posted it:

It's sad watching & listening to the completely different national takes on Jackson & Allen's games against KC.  Most of the talking heads hate that they have to admit that Jackson played poorly but man are they coming up with excuses none of them would give Allen.

*  Excuse 1: Spags was great.  Yes he was but most of the time, including the playoffs, Allen does just fine against Spags D.  I wonder if you asked Spags who between Jackson & Allen is tougher to prepare for and keeps him up at night prior to the game he would say Allen and it's not even close.

*  Excuse 2: Monken the Raven's OC sucked and didn't run the ball enough.  Wow this one is creative.  No one outside of Allen apologists on 2BD ever call out the coaching as not exactly helping Allen out.  And it is kind of funny that it's viewed as a problem for Jackson when the presumptive MVP QUARTERBACK is asked to throw the ball a lot.

*  Excuse 3:  Because Mahomes!  I guess because Mahomes was excellent Jackson can't be expected to be great.  You know like Highlander where "there can only be ONE".  But wait Allen and Mahomes have played in multiple games where both have been great.  Aw shut up homer.

*  Excuse 4:  Flowers fumbled at the goal line!  I guess Jackson INT in the end zone means nothing next to this play.  To bad for Flowers that he doesn't play for the Bills.  No one outside of 2BD would be calling out that fumble as having anything to do with Allen sucking and losing he game.  But since blame must be deflected from Jackson throwing it on Flowers makes a lot of sense.

Oh and some Talking Head's were saying that Jackson may have, GASP, fallen in with the likes of Dak Prescott and Josh Allen in struggling in the playoffs?  Say WHAT! How could anyone but the dumbest Allen hater put him in with those 2 in the playoffs?  Lets see: 

* record: Allen is 5 - 5 versus a combined record of 4 - 9.  Allen has more playoff wins then Prescott & Jackson COMBINED!

* total TD's: Allen has more total TD's in 10 games then Prescott & Jackson have scored in 13 playoff games COMBINED!

* total TO's:  Allen has fewer playoff turnovers then Prescott & Jackson COMBINED!

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, Special K said:

Passer rating of 100.0

McD's the problem, not KC

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

9 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

we should have won multiples already if we had a defense that could keep a damn lead

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.