Am I the only one not planning on watching Chiefs/Ravens??

Special K

I just can’t do it....I don’t like the Ravens, and I REALLY hate the Chefs....not to mention the fact that the Bills should be playing in this game, and I don’t need to be reminded that they are not.

I am definitely watching the NFC Championship and the Superb Owl, but I’m sitting this one out.

Who’s with me??

• Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 11
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

I’ll probably tune in, but either outcome is terrible. 

“Is Mahomes the GOAT?” and “Is Lamar now the best QB in the NFL?” are the two likeliest  narrative outcomes. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Ummm, so far, yes.  😋

I can’t say I’m really looking forward to it, but it will be on. 

I will say, I watched the Bengals beat the Chefs in the AFC Championship after 13 seconds, and that was quite satisfying.....however, in this case, seeing Baltimore win would not be enjoyable either

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Special K said:

I will say, I watched the Bengals beat the Chefs in the AFC Championship after 13 seconds, and that was quite satisfying.....however, in this case, seeing Baltimore win would not be enjoyable either

I only saw a few quarters of Ravens games this year, and don’t remember who they were playing, but that was the best looking football I saw all year. Granted, I admit to watching not a ton of NFL outside the Bills, but they looked really good when I caught them. 

10 minutes ago, Special K said:

I just can’t do it....I don’t like the Ravens, and I REALLY hate the Chefs....not to mention the fact that the Bills should be playing in this game, and I don’t need to be reminded that they are not.

I am definitely watching the NFC Championship and the Superb Owl, but I’m sitting this one out.

Who’s with me??

My football season ends with the Bills season.  I might catch some of the Super Bowl if I have a gathering to go too but I typically have zero interest outside of buffalos season.  

I also will be watching. Would like to see the Ravens win, for sure.

No true football fan wants to see one more second of that blonde scarecrow hooting & hollering in a suite, or anybody even talking about her. Plus, besides the scarecrow, unless you’re a Chiefs fan, I would think that no one wants to see them in another SB. 😉

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Special K said:

Correct. That team has always been annoying, starting with how they got there (Modell), Ray Lewis at a murder scene, & the ugliest uniforms ever. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Hell yes I'll be watching the games this weekend!  I'm not that much of a homer.

The KC/Baltimore game should be pretty darned good.

I have nothing against Baltimore or Lamar....I will be cheering HARD for Baltimore.

Would like to see KC get embarrassed, which is not necessarily out of the question.

Baltimore was the cream of the AFC this year.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I'm watching w/ very keen interest.

The Ravens should beat the Chiefs handily.  They're better pretty much everywhere but QB, and QB is pretty close.

And that could work out well for us.  The Chiefs losing will truly establish the "Josh Allen curse," whereby every team that beats JA in the playoffs loses the following week. And if the Ravens make the SB and lose, the "SB hangover" that most teams get could potentially lessen their impact as competition in the AFC next year.

• Haha (+1) 3

39 minutes ago, Special K said:

Who’s with me??

I'm with you.

Although I will watch the Super Bowl.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin said:

Auto correct?  Think this name should stick

Not auto correct......it’s a thing, but I can’t take credit for creating it.

I think it goes back to an advertisement on a train that separated Super Bowl into Superb Owl between two train cars....and it caught on from there.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I’m 50/50

It’s funny, during the drought I would always watch the playoffs so I could enjoy top tier football I didn’t get from the Bills.

Now that we have Josh, watching other teams play football often just feels pedestrian. We got the best in the world, watching other football games always feels like settling. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2

I am planning to go on a hike where I won't have any cell service. I'm not interested in watching any of the games, especially since we aren't firing McDermott and Harbaugh went to the Chargers. As for the Super Bowl, I plan to drink, eat, and have conversations with people who don't follow football or care about the game. It's frustrating that we are so close, yet so far away.

Edited by uticaclub
  • Like (+1) 2

I could care less about most of the teams left, but football is football.

Who does everyone like in these games? I'm taking Ravens and Lions for the picks in the championship games but not sure I feel very confident about either of them.

Still think AFCCG is the defacto super bowl anyway which is why I really hope the Ravens find a way to win if anything to tap the brakes on the all the Mahomes GOAT stuff one more year anyway.

100% with you.  I'll probably end up watching some of it, but I dislike the Ravens and hate the Chiefs and don't want either to win the Super Bowl.

I want the Ravens to win this week and then lose the Super Bowl.  And the only reason I'm rooting for the 49ers to win on Sunday is because I don't think the Lions are as likely to beat the Ravens

• Like (+1) 1

I don't really care. I really hate the Chiefs and can't stand Kelce. I dont want to see any of his or Mahomes commercials or Taylor Swift. It's nauseating and been worn out.  Fat Kelce can keep his shirt on in the box too and I hope mama Kelce doesn't take her shirt off.  The only decent thing about KC is Reid. He's got my respect but I'm tired of the KC dog and pony show by the NFL. New blood.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

I don't really care. I really hate the Chiefs and can't stand Kelce. I dont want to see any of his or Mahomes commercials or Taylor Swift. It's nauseating and been worn out.  Fat Kelce can keep his shirt on in the box too and I hope mama Kelce doesn't take her shirt off.  The only decent thing about KC is Reid. He's got my respect but I'm tired of the KC dog and pony show by the NFL. New blood.

I think the Chiefs have overtaken the Pats for my least favorite team of all time. The Chiefs have a trashy obnoxious element that surpasses any team I’ve ever seen. The Mahomes/Kelce suite reminds me way too much of some crumby neighbors we had growing up.

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I think the Chiefs have overtaken the Pats for my least favorite team of all time. The Chiefs have a trashy obnoxious element that surpasses any team I’ve ever seen. The Mahomes/Kelce suite reminds me way too much of some crumby neighbors we had growing. 

This ^^^

And as much as I hated seeing Brady and the Pats keep winning, at least there wasn't this Taylor Swift nonsense or a trailer trash obnoxious wife/brother like Mahomes has. Even his mother seems like a piece of work from what I've seen on social media.

Also the Pats dominance was mostly during the Bills drought years anyway so it really didn't matter much knowing this team didn't have a Josh Allen on it.

• Agree 2

47 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

I’m 50/50

It’s funny, during the drought I would always watch the playoffs so I could enjoy top tier football I didn’t get from the Bills.

Now that we have Josh, watching other teams play football often just feels pedestrian. We got the best in the world, watching other football games always feels like settling. 

Watching teams that advanced further than the Bills is ‘settling’ and ‘pedestrian’? That’s a bizarre viewpoint. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I will at best vaguely keep an ear open on whether I should tune in if it becomes funny.

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

“Is Lamar now the best QB in the NFL?”

Lamar this season feels like that scene at the end of "The Lost World Jurassic Park" where the Dad T-Rex(Ravens defense) helps the Baby T-Rex(Lamar) kill the whiny CEO(an injury crippled AFC).

Your doing great sweety let me just break his leg first.

Edited by Warcodered

There’s some national media predicting a comfortable Ravens win. I just see a tough close game either way.  But i don’t think Lamar and that offense push the KC defense around like they were for 3 Qtrs at Buffalo. But Baltimore won’t allow KC to go through them with no resistance like Buffalo did.

44 minutes ago, Success said:

Why do people dislike the Ravens?  I feel like they have almost no negative history w/ the Bills.

I like Jackson a lot, too.  Fun to watch, and seems like a good dude. Unlike crybaby.

I was in high school when they beat the Giants in the Super Bowl.  I was very happy for them that night as my first memory watching football was Super Bowl 25.  

But as I got older and read about Art Modell and Cleveland I got turned off by them.  

I'll root for them against the Chiefs but under most circumstances just not a fan.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.