Heavy Kevi

Should the Bills Fire McDermott?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bills Fire McDermott?

• Yep. Too many bad losses and bad coaching in the playoffs
    • Heck No. Playoffs year after year, and we're one of the best teams on NFL

3 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

No?  Your morons will be disappointed.

McDermott will not be going anywhere in 2024.

Deal with it a get a new line.

Why are they morons? Sean continues to lose big playoff games, he wasn’t great for half of this season as well…. What are we talking about here?

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

The Chiefs didn't sack Allen either.  They lost by 3 points he didn't hand him his ass.  It sucks big time but it wasn't coaching.

Andy Reid's offence vs Sean McDermotts defence. Andy Reid handed McDermotts ass to him once again.

There was no contest 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

nope.  The mediocracy must continue unabated.  We have the best QB, and a terrible HC, and that last drive (and the D meltdowns prior in the game) proved it.  You don't take 3 deep shots at the endzone like we did and then attempt a long FG like we did with a kicker who both struggled all year and with XPs in this game.  

Also, if McD did not blow games earlier in the year we would have had the 1 seed, and the "numerous injuries" that people use as an excuse that occurred last game would not have happened.  

• Eyeroll 1

It doesn’t matter what the fans want. Terry is not going to move on from McDermott at least not this year. However, for me he needs to be on the hot seat this upcoming season as team has clearly underperformed. If McDermott can’t get team to the next level it is time to move on and pair Josh with offensive minded HC. Watching the offense this season was like pulling teeth and just painful to watch.

100%…he’s done all he can with this team. He can’t get us to the promised land. His D got torched, big play after big play all game. Doesn’t matter what injuries you had to deal with. We can’t beat KC at home. I felt all along if he can beat KC he deserves more time even if we lose in the AFC championship game but he didn’t again. It’s time to put all of our chips in the middle and get Jim Harbaugh as our HC. I’d bet big money that he would take our job over any other gig in the NFL. Please Mr. Pegula don’t go into next season with McD leading this team again, it will only lead to the same Groundhog Day result and Josh and this fan base deserves better 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Draconator said:

Forget him as a head coach. His defense didn't stop one single KC drive until the 4th quarter. He rallied us to make the playoffs, but he doesn't have it in him to win a championship 

It's not a leadership thing it's a schematic thing, his defense will never beat Mahomes in the playoffs, we need to bring in someone with a new philosophy. Especially with proven guys like BB, Caroll and even Vrabel out there now, go get one

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, ChrisWatson#21 said:

As much as I wanted and still want Sean fired that 2nd and 9 play from Josh where he went for the end zone with over 1:50 still left passing up a WIDE OPEN Diggs underneath that would have milked some more clock and gotten a first down or third and short.  You are playing Mahomes who won a game against you with only 13 seconds left, why in the world are you trying to score with all that time left on the clock?  I'm as confused as I was when Pete Carroll decided to pass and not run Lynch into the end zone.  This one is on Josh as much as I love him and defend him.

Then why did we kick the field goal using your logic? They definitely would’ve scored on our d coordinator 

16 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

That part isn't on McD.

But what about the defence?

Only reason there wasn't 40 plus points against his defence was because the bills offence controlled the clock.

Yup, KC only ran 47 plays had TOP of about 23 min had 350 yards and was 7.7 yards per play. His ball control, play for a tie and not to lose philosophy keeps losing, his shtick is done!

This coach needs to go, I don't want to here but injuries. He isn't the guy

• Like (+1) 4

Let's call a fake punt, have Damar Hamlin stand right in the middle behind the center, on our own 30 yard line with 5 yards to gain. Tricky, tricky, tricky. Buffoon move.

Andy Reids post game speech" You gotta have plays. We all have the plays but you need to know when to use them".

Mic drop.

McD needs to go. We need a change. Our team has the talent but we were out coached.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

21 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Yes McDermott made Bass 25% in the playoffs.   Think about that 25% has a kicker ever had a worse playoffs?

And still it's McDermott...God people.

You think that defense was going to stop Mahommes?  All he would have needed was 20 seconds or so to carve us up.  Yes, this game is on McDermott.  It was his defense that played putrid all game.  He trotted out a hurt punter, HE left in Bass despite him playing like shiite.  Would have been better off grabbing a FA kicker.  100%, this loss is on him.  If you're cool with throwing away next season because you think he's something he's not good on you.  I give him props on making us contenders.  He did great there.  As for more?  He ain't it.  He's gotta go.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

24 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Yes McDermott made Bass 25% in the playoffs.   Think about that 25% has a kicker ever had a worse playoffs?

And still it's McDermott...God people.

It has everything to do with the fact that he can't win big games. That he can't get us over the hump. 

• Like (+1) 1

nope.  The mediocracy must continue unabated.  We have the best QB, and a terrible HC, and that last drive (and the D meltdowns prior in the game) proved it.  You don't take 3 deep shots at the endzone like we did and then attempt a long FG like we did with a kicker who both struggled all year and with XPs in this game.  

Also, if McD did not blow games earlier in the year we would have had the 1 seed, and the "numerous injuries" that people use as an excuse that occurred last game would not have happened.  

• Agree 1

No, but don't worry we'll make all the changes we should have made this season next season (new kicker, new punter, new receivers)

But then of course next season there will be a bunch of moves we should make that we'll wait another year on again and so on and so on it goes 😅

4 minutes ago, McBean said:

We’ve said this since 21’

i seen small changes afte the Bye but I'm not going to disagree I wanted him fired soon as we lost the 13s game and knowing he changed the short kick to thru the ez and took over the D play calling that allowed KC to get in FG position.....ST coodinator should of been fired after the 12m on the field Denver game and the D gave up how many leads late in the fourth......i am fine with the change this year just not going to happen Pegula's don't have that mindset

Sean McDermott is here for a while because Terry Pegula already got his owners Super Bowl of $850 million dollars that is all that matters to Terry Pegula. Terry Pegula is never going to spend what it takes to make either the Buffalo Bills or Buffalo Sabres champions it’s just not going to happen. They exist in Buffalo and that is about it. I have seen this Buffalo sports show for 49 years as a Buffalo sports fan and counting nothing changes but the year. I don’t even feel anything because it’s the same lame excuses and not being good enough because of cheapness of Buffalo ownership over 49 years in my opinion. Go Bills! Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, LarryMadman said:

Lol, Belichick might have this be an undefeated team with a SB win if he was the coach. McD sux so bad!

And with that said, the greatest coach in nfl history is available.  I'd love Beane to get aggressive fire Sean and make a run at Bill.

Yeah I know its not happening.  But it should.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Can't show up against the Chiefs with a super bowl appearance on the line, can't beat the Chiefs with a lead & 13 seconds left, can't beat the Chiefs at home with a half time lead, what's the point in retaining? Thanks for what you've done to get us here. Need new blood to get over the hump.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I’m not on the fire McD train. Since 6-6 his D has been very good and sans injuries would have won today. I’m not surprised his D doesn’t match up well against Reid’s O as it’s based on Jimmy Johnson’s scheme, which Reid is very familiar with. 

I don’t know how any new HC comes in here and gets back to this level in < 3 years, wasting more of Allen’s prime.

You do however need to improve talent at WR (and other) and dump the ST coach for the punting, punt return, and FG debacles this year.

• Haha (+1) 1

McDermott is a good December coach, just not January.

I’ve said it before, you have to fire McDermott because you can’t fire Josh Allen. McDermott is the wrong coach for Josh.

Edited by Shortchaz
  • Agree 2

33 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Upward trajectory with McDermott is OVER.

This season almost ended up a disaster, only to end where it always does, a game shy of the AFCCG.

Team will look a lot different next year; it has to.

Great time to rebuild and go in a new direction with a new HC.

The market is as good as it's been in YEARS.

Pick one and go!

McDermott’s playoff record against teams seeded 5-7 is 5-0. His playoff record against teams seeded 1-4 is 0-6. I don’t even think he coached a bad game today. I liked that he was aggressive - except for the fake punt which was forgivable if it was because KC only had 10 on the field.

At some point you just have to make a change though. I don’t think the Bills will fire McDermott this off-season, but they probably should. I think he gets at least one more year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I’d seriously consider if Ben Johnson was in play if I’d move on from McDermott. Not going to happen but it might be the right move!

McD is now 5-6 and outside of beating Lamar Jackson who had an in game concussion has he beaten a top QB lead playoff team.

Choked against Watson and Mahomes and got embarrassed by Burrow. That’s concerning and a big red flag. 

• Like (+1) 1

We should but we won't.  The fake punt was the worst call I've ever seen.  Outcoached yet again by Andy Reid.  They were ready for it and stuffed it.  Putting Wrap on Kelce late in the game silenced Kelce, but it was too little too late.  We're going nowhere with McDummy, and we've wasted yet another year of Joshua Patrick Allen.

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

I know Josh has had down times, but when it matters he shows up. Yet again Josh turns in a gutsy performance in the playoffs and we still effing lose the game.

Obviously this has been a common theme throughout the last several years, with Josh being overall unbelievably good in playoffs only to get sent home.

This cycle has too many good coaches available to keep this guy McD around any longer.

We desperately need to make the switch. We needed to last year, maybe even the year before; but the reality here is that McD is COOKED

Yeah whatever gets your rocks off.

He went for it on 4th down, in our territory. The play is practiced over and over so it gets executed and held for that special time.  McDermott gives the secret signal and the players have to pretend its not happening.  They've practiced and discussed how to disguise this play, as not to give any indication to the other team this is anything but just an ordinary punt.

Here it is, it's the playoffs and it's time to use this wildcard McD's been holding.  The play is in, the act is on.  Who's this play designed for?

Damar Hamlin

He doesn't have it.  

Edited by White Linen
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.