Fish FANS think it's unsafe to play in the cold....ironic?

Matt_In_NH

Some people have become such wusses.  Last year it was Bills fans about the heat, now it's the Dolphins fans who thought that was ridiculous to complain about.  It is an advantage for the Chiefs, the Dolphins have little chance in this game but they only have themselves to blame.

https://finheaven.com/threads/this-is-a-joke.382147/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

1 minute ago, jimmy10 said:

They would only have the right to complain if KC used a weather machine to focus all the snow and wind on the Fish sideline. 

Good idea!  KC Kings need to get a snow machine and pack several feet of snow on entire sideline so the players feet get cold standing there.

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

You’d be surprised how many people don’t believe extreme heat is dangerous. I would rather play in 0 degree weather than 100 degree.

I don’t think it’s the heat that is the problem. 

It’s the fact that only one team has to deal with extreme heat and it’s not the Dolphins. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

41 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Good idea!  KC Kings need to get a snow machine and pack several feet of snow on entire sideline so the players feet get cold standing there.

Pretty sure the fish already have cold feet about going up to KC

• Agree 1

• Simon changed the title to Fish FANS think it's unsafe to play in the cold....ironic?
2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

If the Fins have Mostert available their run game is better than KC.  Suck it up and deal with it.

The Fins will have lost that game the second they step off the plane.

Are Americans becoming wusses?  

When I grew up as a millennial in the suburbs of Buffalo, we used to play tackle football on the street in the winter with just the snow for cushioning.  But kids today don't care much about sports.  

According to a 2021 study, "only 23% of Generation Z describe themselves as passionate sports fans, as opposed to 42% of millennials, 33% of Generation X and 31% of baby boomers."

Sports originated as a way to hone warrior skills like wrestling, throwing, and running.  To survive, a nation needs its warriors, and a love of sports keeps the warrior spirit alive.  

But maybe the young kids today are a different breed of warriors: soft physically perhaps but proficient at a keyboard.  

www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/gen-z-doesnt-care-about-sports-thats-part-of-a-bigger-problem/ar-AA1mzQJ5

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Yeah im not sure this makes it less likely for Miami to win.  Their run game is better, and Mahomes/Kelce are playing cold before they even get to this game

The Chiefs offense has been average all year even with Mahomes doing his thing. I do think the Chiefs will win but I would not be surprised at all if the Dolphins win. When they played in London the Dolphins played them pretty tough. I think it will be a close game even with the cold weather.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The Fins will have lost that game the second they step off the plane.

It’ll be like the one game when Brian Cox walked out of the tunnel at the Ralph.  You knew they were done that very moment.

the cold might be a challenge for Miami more in the sense that they have a bunch of track stars, hammys dont like the cold much.  then again kelce is entering the AARP set, so elderly hammy dont like the cold either

2 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Karma for all of the heat stroke games and making the visiting team bake in the sun as well as force them to wear the dark jerseys. 

exactly!

Cold is not that dangerous if you're properly dressed. Plus once it gets to a certain point what's the difference?

10 degrees or 0 degrees is cold and you're just going to feel cold either way. 40 and 30, much bigger difference. 

Heat there is nothing you can do, except stand in the shade while 300 pound men on the other team stand in 120+ degree heat in full football pads

I just read through the thread a bit, and actually most of the people posting seem to be saying it's football, suck it up. That and (correctly) pointing out how the Dolphins controlled their own destiny and have themselves to blame

Edited by TheFunPolice

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

When I grew up as a millennial in the suburbs of Buffalo, we used to play tackle football on the street in the winter with just the snow for cushioning.  But kids today don't care much about sports.  

According to a 2021 study, "only 23% of Generation Z describe themselves as passionate sports fans, as opposed to 42% of millennials, 33% of Generation X and 31% of baby boomers."

Sports originated as a way to hone warrior skills like wrestling, throwing, and running.  To survive, a nation needs its warriors, and a love of sports keeps the warrior spirit alive.  

But maybe the young kids today are a different breed of warriors: soft physically perhaps but proficient at a keyboard.  

www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/gen-z-doesnt-care-about-sports-thats-part-of-a-bigger-problem/ar-AA1mzQJ5

I have played back yard football as a Millennial in -10 to -15 degree weather in snow millions of time. School would close and my friends and I would head outside to play. We dressed warm and didn't let it bother us. Good times

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

It's the advancements in technology. Kids today don't know how to leave their Ipads and Xbox's to go play outside

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, kkim0904 said:

If Miami gets Mostert and Waddle back this week, I can see Miami winning the game despite the weather.   

It would not shock me one bit if Miami finds a way to win.

Want them to lose though.   Prefer Browns going against the Ravens next week.   Assuming Browns win. 

3 hours ago, jimmy10 said:

They would only have the right to complain if KC used a weather machine to focus all the snow and wind on the Fish sideline. 

Well I'm pretty sure I remember that the visitor Locker rooms in KC are pretty awful which is true pretty much everywhere, but definitely there. Can't imagine it'll be pleasant in those temperatures.

1 minute ago, BillsfaninSB said:

It would not shock me one bit if Miami finds a way to win.

Want them to lose though.   Prefer Browns going against the Ravens next week.   Assuming Browns win. 

I rather have Bills avoid KC if possible.  They are still defending champion.  Refs will throw flags to make the game more entertaining for KC.

3 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Some people have become such wusses.  Last year it was Bills fans about the heat, now it's the Dolphins fans who thought that was ridiculous to complain about.  It is an advantage for the Chiefs, the Dolphins have little chance in this game but they only have themselves to blame.

https://finheaven.com/threads/this-is-a-joke.382147/

The replies to this topic in their forum are pretty gold as well. To their credit, most of the responses to that OP offer up some version of "need to suck it up and not be like the whiny Bills fans complaining about the heat down here" 😆.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.